Battlefield 2 1.03 patch out [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 2 1.03 patch out

funbob
10-04-2005, 22:08
Lots of fixes and a new level, a remake of the popular Wake Island map from BF1942. 171MB download.

More info...

http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/battlefield2/bf2_patch_103.txt

Tvov
10-05-2005, 09:29
Started the download last night, so it downloaded while I went to bed. It was almost 2 hours on ADSL. Sigh.

Haven't played it yet, will tonight. I guess the helicopter flag capture has changed, crew has to leave the helo to speed up the capture and get credit. Could make for some pretty cool captures. Will make Songhua Stalement a more fun map, I think. Although, it was kind of nice racking up incredible points as part of a helo crew on that map (!). Also the engineer fixes the helo slower, which I agree with.

Are they ever going to include capture-the-flag? Conquest is fun, but I always played CTF on Desert Combat.

Gary_P
10-06-2005, 20:22
when I started after the patch install, I was a meer Corporal, I healed one guy and WHAM!!! 3 promotions to Gunnery Sergeant.............

I dunno, I am having trouble getting used to 3 new unlocks

Gary

Tvov
10-06-2005, 21:15
Yes, they made the promotions easier to get. I've got the engineer's auto shotgun, and the anti-tank's 12 shot semi-auto shotgun. Is the .50 sniper rifle any better? A friend said that it shoots better now.

I haven't been able to tell if they downgraded the blackhawk's guns. I haven't been in it much yet, but they seem the same (which is good!).

Glacked79
10-07-2005, 12:41
I was lucky with the patch. A guy in my clan got it and put it on our ftp - took 5min to download.

I like that you have to be out of the helo to speed up capture. I am guilty of point farming with a load in a blackhawk, but it makes the gameplay a little easier to defend a point now. I also like the idea of dropping guys into an area, then coming back for them once they get it. GGz.

Wake Island was a fun map with DC. I like it now. We played with about 10 guys in my unit the day the patch came out as Chinese - for three straight rounds we didn't give up one flag. Had a tank and AA set up on both the north and south ends, one jet up running anti-air, and my gunner and I in the attack helo. Commander would tell us where the BGs were and it was simple to direct whomever needed to hit them in. Wound up standing off and having my gunner pop the blackhawks and Cobras with his TV guided and I'd handle the boats. Great fun.

I do like that they changed the rank structure. I went from LCPL to Gunney in one day - kill a guy, promotion. Take a flag, promotion. I thought something was wrong with the server. I only lack one unlock now. The sniper rifle was my best unlock. I'm getting pretty good at shooting the enemy out of their helo's now, too.

As posted in another thread - I'm "glacked" on x-fire. Buddy me up and PM me for our TS IP. Anyone is more than welcome to pop into our channel and have some fun.

don51181
10-07-2005, 23:45
I really like the new mod. I thought I would never make it to corperal in the other rank structure. Also it is great to get points for blowing up stratigec places.

Tvov
10-09-2005, 12:20
The new sounds are pretty good. Also like how the armor climbs hills better.

What's the big deal with the Wake Island map? On DC, the most popular maps as far as I could tell were El Alamein and Lost Village. I like Gazala the most as a "large" map. I haven't played it yet, maybe tonight.