lexus rx330 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : lexus rx330

bucky_925
10-05-2005, 19:13
My wife has been dropping hints about trading her Honda pilot for a Lexus rx 330. Anyone here own one, and what are your opinions? Are they worth the $$$? Looks to me like they are in the 40k range. That's a lot of overtime for a poor ol' country boy.

epsylum
10-05-2005, 20:16
I have no experience with the RX, but if I were in your shoes, I would try to talk her into a 4runner. It's cheaper, still a Toyota and even availible with a V-8. Not to mention, IMO they look better.

http://www.toyota.com/4runner/index.html?s_van=GM_TN_4RUNNER_INDEX

pnarq5
10-06-2005, 06:52
The RX330 is a great womens car. No kinding, it was designed for a women. You do pay for the Lexus name. Service and reliability are one of the best. Acura MDX is also a very nice SUV. While I like the 4Runner, it is too truck like.

Norman
10-06-2005, 19:53
The $40,000 question:

Does the wifey work?

kawalerzysta
10-06-2005, 19:56
Originally posted by bucky_925
My wife has been dropping hints about trading her Honda pilot for a Lexus rx 330. Anyone here own one, and what are your opinions? Are they worth the $$$? Looks to me like they are in the 40k range. That's a lot of overtime for a poor ol' country boy.
Toyota Highlander is exact same thing and cheaper, so maybe look into it.

GreenBeret1631
10-07-2005, 14:46
Originally posted by pnarq5
The RX330 is a great womens car. No kinding, it was designed for a women. You do pay for the Lexus name. Service and reliability are one of the best. Acura MDX is also a very nice SUV. While I like the 4Runner, it is too truck like.

Well, it makes a great mens car as well!

I have a 2005 RX330 and love it! I traded in a 2003 RX 300 on it. The small things that I didn't like in the RX 300 were corrected in the RX 330 (Worst was the turning radius.)

I got it with the Nav system, automatic windshild wipers, Rear DVD player, rear watching TV camera (When backing up) as well as the headlites that turn with the car.

The Lexus dealership service is great! The RX 330 is a great cross over SUV. IMHO the best! It is well appointed inside and handles great! Yes, the Toyota Highlander uses the same basic body; however, there is a vast difference in outward looks and inside appointments.

My wife drives the car more then I do and she loves it! We also have a 2006 Lexus GS 300 All Wheel drive 4dr sedan. It handles like a sports car and is really good looking inside and out...lots of goodies too, although I left out the Nav System.

In any case, ya can't go wrong with a Toyota product; however, Lexus can't be beat for all around looks & service etc. To me, their worth the extra $$.

bucky_925
10-14-2005, 17:36
Well we just finished out test drive, and one thing is for sure, it ain't the same exact thing as a highlander!

epsylum
10-14-2005, 17:52
Originally posted by bucky_925
Well we just finished out test drive, and one thing is for sure, it ain't the same exact thing as a highlander!

Do you mean that in a good or a bad way?

pnarq5
10-14-2005, 19:34
While many cars/suvs share many parts (Highlander/RX330, Pilot/MDX) they look and feel very different. They have to or they would not be worth the extra money. And yes, the difference is worth the money.
I hate it when people make those dumb comments like, "Why did you by an Acura/Lexus, it is just an overpriced Honda/Toyota?"

17_Longslider
10-18-2005, 10:54
If you need to know what you should be paying let me know...I would be happy to fill you in on the details to make sure you get a great deal. I am a sales manager at a Lexus store....You should buy local but still get a great deal!!

Email Me:

glock35@gmail.com

bucky_925
10-20-2005, 19:30
Thanks Longslider, email sent.