tea [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : tea

lethal tupperwa
10-06-2005, 13:00
try Earl Grey with a shake of cinnamon in it.

noway
10-06-2005, 13:30
When I ws living in the UK alot of place served this tea with a stick of cinnamon. It was a very common method and a subsitute for sugar.

Remander
10-14-2005, 22:51
I used to be an Earl Grey and Lady Grey nut, but I grew tired of them for some reason. They are, however, very good if you have a sore throat. That bergamot oil, which gives Earl Grey its distinctive flavor, is quite soothing.

I am (and have been for years) very much a fan of Yorkshire Tea. I also enjoy PG Tips, which is similar to Yorkshire Tea in flavor but much more available in the states.

PG Tips and Yorkshire are just a bit stronger than most teas (one bag of Yorkshire easily makes 2 cups of strong tea), so I like a drop of honey and a teaspoon of milk in my cuppa of those.

I am a major coffee drinker in the a.m., but nothing beats a good cup of Yorkshire Tea on a winter day. Very soothing and relaxing.

fatlander
11-04-2005, 14:28
Do you put milk in your tea?
I personaly think that putting milk in tea is something that only a degenerates would do, but seems that in uk its quite common.

Earl Gray is good, I would also suggest Indian blends, some of them have a very good aroma

Dandapani
11-05-2005, 06:05
Originally posted by fatlander
Do you put milk in your tea?
I personaly think that putting milk in tea is something that only a degenerates would do, but seems that in uk its quite common.

You're right, milk sux in tea, that's why I use half&half! ;z ;a ;z

Remander
11-10-2005, 23:47
I do not put milk in Earl Grey, but I do put about a teaspoon of milk (and a spot of honey) in my PG Tips and Yorkshire Tea.

I saw plenty of folks in Yorkshire do the same, so it's no sacrilege.

lethal tupperwa
11-11-2005, 08:40
but with tea you put it in the cup and add the tea to it.;P

Dandapani
11-12-2005, 10:32
Originally posted by lethal tupperwa
but with tea you put it in the cup and add the tea to it.;P

I think that is to reduce the temp of the tea so the fine bone china teacup won't crack when you pour the hot tea into it.

revjen45
11-13-2005, 10:37
Earl Gray green tea with no additives. Delicious with a baklava.
"I personaly think that putting milk in tea is something that only a degenerates would do, but seems that in uk its quite common."
I always thought the UK mostly consists of degenerates who for some reason think they are the ne plus of Western Civilization.

Str8shootr
11-14-2005, 10:22
I am not big on hot tea, but love ice tea, drink it all day long. Was having trouble sleeping (DUH) and switched to brewing Luzianne De-caf. Tastes great ..... plus, tea is really good for diabetics, and reducing the risk of cancer....some studies show black tea is as good as green tea for these purposes.