Don't ya love spinner wheels... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Don't ya love spinner wheels...

newlyg23
10-06-2005, 14:42
I just got back into to riding after about a 25 yr. layoff to raise two boys and put them through college.(Man does that ever dent your motorcycle fund) Well just the other day had a car signaling a left turn. I was pretty sure he was stopping for me until I noticed his wheels... they're still rollin' ...that turd is gonne turn in front of me! Oh crap.... then this 55 year old brain kicked in, yep spinner wheels. Boy does that get your attention. Anyway got the heartrate down and rode on. Anyone else love these things? Ride safe guys and gals. newly;Y

fnfalman
10-06-2005, 15:49
Spinners help to cool down the brakes...

Bullwinkle J Moose
10-06-2005, 21:25
Spinner wheels bite! Looking at the wheels is the best way to see if a car is stopped and not pulling out or turning in front of you. Forget that eye contact crap - that'll get you killed.

EUPHER49
10-07-2005, 05:58
Originally posted by Bullwinkle J Moose
Spinner wheels bite! Looking at the wheels is the best way to see if a car is stopped and not pulling out or turning in front of you. Forget that eye contact crap - that'll get you killed.

I couldn't tell you how many times I've slowed to a crawl at an intersection because I saw wheel movement. After I slow down, then I go for eye contact. The dumbest looks come from the "spinners." I don't think many drivers at all get my point, especially the whirlygigs...when they blow right through a ;m the spinners become irrelevant tho'...~okie~

Dandapani
10-07-2005, 07:08
Originally posted by Bullwinkle J Moose
Forget that eye contact crap - that'll get you killed.

+1, they don't see you, they see through you. It is a proven fact that motorcycles aren't more than 1-2% of the field of vision of a car driver and are essentially invisible to the them.

I love my Kissan's:

http://www.kisantech.com/Images/pathBlazer-anim2.gif

pathBlazer

BE SEEN! If you're not seen by others around you, you're in trouble.

Most Drivers don't expect to see anything smaller than a car. They may be looking right at you, but a small motorcycle just won't register.

With so many automobiles equipped with Daytime Running Lights (DRL) on the road, motorcycles have a hard time standing out.

pathBlazer headlamp modulator makes a motorcycle 200% more visible.

Rinspeed
10-07-2005, 10:11
Spinner wheels are cool.........

If you're gay :)

ChaZ
10-07-2005, 13:58
Originally posted by dmobrien2001
+1, they don't see you, they see through you. It is a proven fact that motorcycles aren't more than 1-2% of the field of vision of a car driver and are essentially invisible to the them.

I love my Kissan's:

http://www.kisantech.com/Images/pathBlazer-anim2.gif

I also love my Kissan's as well.

Some driver thought I was cop when I zoomed behind them and turned mine on. They pulled over only to see me zip past them.

Kidding aside, I think it's a great accessory because of many blue-haired snowbirds with failing eyesights here in land of Arizona.

However, I would never use it on highway, utterly pointless...

-ChaZ

Dandapani
10-07-2005, 14:39
Originally posted by ChaZ
Some driver thought I was cop when I zoomed behind them and turned mine on. They pulled over only to see me zip past them.
However, I would never use it on highway, utterly pointless...

Same thing works when riding in the "fast" lane. Cars tend to get over when they are crusing the actual speed limit in the passing lane.

fnfalman
10-07-2005, 16:42
PIAA or MotoLight drive lights also help with the visibility aspect as well. The MotoLights are way overpriced, but they're made to mount with ease onto BMWs, and what the hell, they work.

ChaZ
10-08-2005, 16:59
Originally posted by fnfalman
PIAA or MotoLight drive lights also help with the visibility aspect as well. The MotoLights are way overpriced, but they're made to mount with ease onto BMWs, and what the hell, they work.

I've always wanted PIAA 1100x mounted on the front of my head of cylinders. Right now I'm looking for a sheetmetal expert who can make me a mounting thingy for that to happen.

Mounting them on the side of my forks looks dorky on a sport touring bike...

-Chaz