Moto Magags and why I subscribe or read them [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Moto Magags and why I subscribe or read them


whogasak47
10-07-2005, 18:58
I subscribe to 8 and read several others. I require tests,reviews,help, advice,comparisons,new products,why I riding the right Brand, wrong motorcycle .Why everyone hates my brand,model. Why we ride,where we ride, and we do not ride together and some can not ride alone .Thank Heavens you are are different than me.I have been doing this Goofy Bikeriding since 1965. Hoorah for the next croud.bending curves.let's see what you can say to help all the rest of us.. Good Luck and Ride safe.

fnfalman
10-10-2005, 10:13
I like the British bike magazines like RiDE, TWO, Fast Bikes, SuperBikes. These guys have a no BS take that I like. If a bike ain't good, or don't compare up to its peer, they'll say it out loud.

KinderGlocken
10-10-2005, 11:11
There is only one motorcycle mag for honest cycle reviews and reports and that is Motorcycle Consumer News. All the others are for looking at pretty color pictures and ads!

Buelligan
10-10-2005, 14:14
Originally posted by fnfalman
I like the British bike magazines like RiDE, TWO, Fast Bikes, SuperBikes.

I enjoy the Brit mags alot, even the classic bike mags. American periodicals suck in comparison.

whogasak47
10-13-2005, 18:56
Superbike UK :the articles and comparisons are about riding and performance. ;not about posers. They are not afraid of women and an alcololic drink. The boobs that have a problem with a cold beer or cocktail after ride that want top cancel their sub. Goodbye and Go away!leave the Bikeriders alone!

Old Cars vintage Motorcycle price guide. Outstanding, gives app. value of motors of Mfrs begining before 1980. Thats what I do ,bring old scooters back to showroom,and ride them.They are to be worn out, not collected!

Road Runner :outstanding photos: made trip to NY better :PA is a Great Place to see on a scooter. Makes you want to see different places and meet great people with different accents. We all ride in the same wind.
more Tommorrow. Good Luck and ride safe.;w

g29andy
10-14-2005, 18:46
Another vote for MCN for the articles. Easyriders for the eye candy.

whogasak47
10-16-2005, 08:23
Wing World: For the Gold Book . If you ride alone this is an absolute.
Name and numbers of Honda Dealers in all 50 states, + names of riders in said towns that will help you with problems. Harley Equilevent HOG Yearbook Names,address and phone#s , also some have emergency numbers.


Cycle World: read since the 60's Brought my attention to Kawasaki 500 H III Bought one and Honda CB750 Changed the motorcycle world.
Pages by Edwards,Egan,and Hotshots. I love to hear why the ones that write to mag either totally agree or totally disagree with mags choices.Slipstream ,outstanding humor.

Motor Cyclist: Good tests ,not always in favor of advertizers,ex. helmet test, DOT vs Snell. Boehm 's page,Hard Numbers and Model year Buyers Guide. Good photography also.

whogasak47
10-17-2005, 17:06
Rider: Road Tales by Salvadori and Stayin Safe by Grodsky . Good reading every month. They always cover an old scooter (this month a
Harley=Davidson 1947 FL knucklehead) in Collector. and Retrospective.
Decent tests and new bike coverage.

Chopper Underground; Chops and bobs that are NOT v-twin lookalikes.
Gee ,V- twin with lots of bolt on chrome,ghost or regular flame paint,Skulls, Fat rear tire, Chrome water pipe exhaust. Please build no more of this crap. At least maybe make one look different.
I read all these for entertainment, and new products accepted here in the USA that have been tested and used in Europe for at least 2 years.

White Buffalo
10-18-2005, 14:57
Originally posted by whogasak47
.

Chopper Underground; Chops and bobs that are NOT v-twin lookalikes.
Too bad the last issue you recieved will probably be the last one you ever get from them... Word is that they're about to go under when the next light bill is due.

Horton is looking to put out a mag... I'd check with him through the forum.

whogasak47
10-18-2005, 18:37
[QUOTE]Originally posted by White Buffalo
[B]Too bad the last issue you recieved will probably be the last one you ever get from them... Word is that they're about to go under when the next light bill is due.

Thats OK . I took my chop out to a bike show this year ,and most folks did not know you could modify or change anything other than a Harley Davidson. If you own it you can make it yours ,not the factories idea of what is right for you. Be original, If you like a set of bars (Z,W ,California,custom,pullback.drag,flattrack.) get em do not worry what evevyone ele is using!

White Buffalo
10-18-2005, 18:42
Originally posted by whogasak47
[QUOTE]Originally posted by White Buffalo
[B]Too bad the last issue you recieved will probably be the last one you ever get from them... Word is that they're about to go under when the next light bill is due.

Thats OK . I took my chop out to a bike show this year ,and most folks did not know you could modify or change anything other than a Harley Davidson. If you own it you can make it yours ,not the factories idea of what is right for you. Be original, If you like a set of bars (Z,W ,California,custom,pullback.drag,flattrack.) get em do not worry what evevyone ele is using! I feel the same way. Really is a shame that CU's owner couldn't manage his own pocketbook to keep the mag going. Noone's heard from him in months....and I do mean MONTHS

whogasak47
10-18-2005, 18:53
I think the British twin or Yamaha 650 series make one of the sleekest bar bikes or street fighters(new term) ever made. easy to get your leg over and not Too much weight in case a feller had a beer or two. Good sound ,torque and narrow. \Glad I did it , anddo not want to much any more. DWI =Clild molestor in my state ; Ok to Loot in some parts?

White Buffalo
10-18-2005, 19:05
Originally posted by whogasak47
I think the British twin or Yamaha 650 series make one of the sleekest bar bikes or street fighters(new term) ever made. easy to get your leg over and not Too much weight in case a feller had a beer or two. Good sound ,torque and narrow. \Glad I did it , anddo not want to much any more. DWI =Clild molestor in my state ; Ok to Loot in some parts? I am currently negotiating a deal on an xs650 to hardtail into a barhopper. Suicide clutch with the jockey shift, bobber, spray painted flat black, with as little chrome as possible on the whole ride. The kicker with that, I just about have to make everything for the bike because the aftermarket sup[port isn't there... And that's the way I like it.. It insures that there won't be anotherone, just like it, on the same road for a long time.

whogasak47
10-18-2005, 19:32
Originally posted by White Buffalo
I am currently negotiating a deal on an xs650 to hardtail into a barhopper. Suicide clutch with the jockey shift, bobber, spray painted flat black, with as little chrome as possible on the whole ride. The kicker with that, I just about have to make everything for the bike because the aftermarket sup[port isn't there... And that's the way I like it.. It insures that there won't be anotherone, just like it, on the same road for a long time.
good to go here is a couple of bikes that I ride. Forgive me computers are not my friends.
http://www.bayou.com/~whogasa/hondacb.JPG

whogasak47
10-18-2005, 19:41
I worked all my life with heavy materials. There is a BIG difference between being 40 something and 50 something, You know them dam motors got heavy. took that 750 out of frame, last year they must have added 200 lbs to cb750. It's not fun anymore, it's hard as hell work.
I am not givin up yet. I am pretty much finished with inline 4s. .what a great ride . would not have missed it for the world.

norton
10-19-2005, 18:05
Originally posted by fnfalman
I like the British bike magazines like RiDE, TWO, Fast Bikes, SuperBikes. These guys have a no BS take that I like. If a bike ain't good, or don't compare up to its peer, they'll say it out loud.

Those British rags have excellent photos.
Other then that, they are crap, written by overage delinquents.

norton
10-19-2005, 18:10
Originally posted by whogasak47
I subscribe to 8 and read several others. I require tests,reviews,help, advice,comparisons,new products,why I riding the right Brand, wrong motorcycle .Why everyone hates my brand,model. Why we ride,where we ride, and we do not ride together and some can not ride alone .Thank Heavens you are are different than me.I have been doing this Goofy Bikeriding since 1965. Hoorah for the next croud.bending curves.let's see what you can say to help all the rest of us.. Good Luck and Ride safe.

You remember Cycle Guide, Cycle?

whogasak47
10-20-2005, 07:51
Originally posted by norton
You remember Cycle Guide, Cycle? [/QUOTE]


You bet . Both were excellent for their day. Cycle Guide was Go to mag at the time, if I remember correctly

Compy
10-20-2005, 23:19
I have a subscription to MotorCyclist that I'll not be renewing. I'm getting sick of the Icon catalogs with the occasional article mixed in.

They all seem to be running out of things to talk about. Much like the gun rags.