Bee stung me on the neck while riding!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bee stung me on the neck while riding!!!

fnfalman
10-10-2005, 13:53
I guess it finally had to happen. I was cruising a lot yesterday on Highway 243 at Idyllwild. Not a particularly technical canyon road but I suppose if you go fast enough, any curve will jack up your heart rate.

So, I was getting ready to enter a curve at around 60-MPH (posted speed of 30-MPH) early in the morning. It was more like a chicane than a true corner and I already peeked ahead for traffic. Getting ready to lean over and heard a bug impact on my neck and half a second later a stinging sensation. ;P My damn eyes watered and I was already leaned over to the right. So I slapped at the throat/collar area furiously in hope to kill the bastard before it stings me again. Felt a "squish";f Ah, vengeance is mine!!!

Pulled over after the curve and inspected my neck. Sure as heck a big lump was developing. I am not allergic to beesting, so thank goodness for small favors. But boy, it smarted. The pain throbbed for the next hour as I headed home.

And now it's itchy like crazy!!!:soap:

BikerRN
10-10-2005, 14:15
Glad you're OK. If it had been me I wouldn't have been able to even reach the Epi Pen before I would need a ventilator. That's why the wife carries the Epi Pen.

Take care and ride safe.

ChaZ
10-10-2005, 16:22
Maybe it's a sign from supreme being/allah/god telling you to stop motorcycling or you'll end up in a wreck someday.

Send me all of your bikes. I'll PM you my address ;f

-ChaZ

epsylum
10-10-2005, 18:53
I hit a huge dragonfly once on my TL1000. I was doing about 45ish on a pretty busy street coming up to an intersection. I saw the dang thing from about 50ft. away it was so big. It had to be about the size of a small bird. It just headed right for me. I couldn't move since there was a car in the other lane. It pegged me in my left shoulder and damn near spun me around. It felt like someone punched me. It didn't bruise or anything, but let's just say I am glad I wear riding gear.

10-11-2005, 23:03
I was riding my Aero on country roads in NC about a month and half back when some kind of biting/stinging insect flew right into my right-side short sleeve opening. Before then, I hadn't really considered short sleeves being a problem in that respect. What are the freakin' odds?? (that day I guess 100%) That sucker laid in toward the upper back part of my torso just below the armpit! Like FN, I started slapping that area with my clutch hand to kill the sucker! I pulled over as soon as I could to shake out my shirt. I never saw what it was, but that sucker hurt for a bit.

The thought of a wasp or a hornet doing that... eeewwwww!!!

bac1023
10-12-2005, 06:53
One of my scariest times on a motorcycle involved a wasp. I was riding along at about 50-60MPH when I saw a large wasp crawling on the INSIDE of my full faced visor. I immediately opened the viser, but it wasn't leaving. Needless to say, I pulled over ASAP and ripped off my helmet to get rid of it. It was not in traffic, but initial reactions to such things could cause an accident on the bike. I've heard of stinging insects causing car accidents.

ChaZ
10-12-2005, 12:57
Sometimes I would ride around with my full-face visor open.

Sometimes the bugs would go between my paddings and my face/cheeks. No big deal.

But it's a big deal when one stupid bug crawled inside my ear canal!!!

Drove me crazy!

-ChaZ