SOCOM:3 Who's got it? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SOCOM:3 Who's got it?

jlw_84
10-12-2005, 04:15
I picked it up last night. I like it, HUGE freakin maps though.

Gatman
10-13-2005, 20:03
Its awesome. You wanna get a game together?

jlw_84
10-14-2005, 02:07
Yeah, add me to your friends list. My name is " buck_futter"

OXEN
10-18-2005, 10:02
I'm picking it up after work.

Looks great and some good reviews.

I kinda forgot it was coming out. I thought it didn't come out until Nov.

I don't go online though.

}:o(

-----

Found a SOCOM3 forum while searching.

http://www.socom3.com/

OXEN
10-19-2005, 07:04
;I ^c

Way cool!!

I played through three missions.

I like the vehicles. (When I first saw the dune buggies I thought of that Pauly Shore line from In the Army now, "Hot Wheels!" I played around with that ride for about ten minutes jumping over dunes.)

I like the weapon customization.

I like the L2 - stop, go there, follow feature.

I like that you can arm your teammates with rocket launchers finally.

Aeolus08
10-19-2005, 17:06
I didn't think I was going to get it... but now that everyone is talking about how awesome it is I may have to pick it up... keep convincing me.

OXEN
10-20-2005, 06:01
Originally posted by Aeolus08
I didn't think I was going to get it... but now that everyone is talking about how awesome it is I may have to pick it up... keep convincing me.

I just noticed something else last night too.

You can now WALK while aiming a rocket launcher.

In the prior game as soon as you moved you put it away.

-----------------

I do wish there was a way to disable the checkpoint health and full ammo thingy.

I like the checkpoint idea, just not the fact that you get full health & ammo at each one.

Aeolus08
10-20-2005, 14:01
Originally posted by OXEN
I just noticed something else last night too.

You can now WALK while aiming a rocket launcher.

In the prior game as soon as you moved you put it away.

-----------------

I do wish there was a way to disable the checkpoint health and full ammo thingy.

I like the checkpoint idea, just not the fact that you get full health & ammo at each one.
Yeah, that slims down the difficulty alot. I may pick it up today once I get out of school. It's been years since I have played online on my PS2, not sure even what my login name is. Anyone know if it's possible to make a new account?

glock22357
10-24-2005, 16:40
I own SOCOM and SOCOM2, and enjoyed playing them. My two biggest gripes were the difficulty level, and long missions that you would have to start over at the beggining if you got killed....took alot of fun out of the game.

The newest game is easier, with awesome vehicles to use. Also, the weapons can get lasers, reflex sights, bi-pods, and much more. Your team can be set-up easier to, and they are better fighters, with much better ability to take-out the bad guys by themselves.

The best part is that there are check points that you can start over from if you get killed, so you don't have to start over completely.
The boat has mini-guns that are really fun to use, and you can use the new XM-8 assault rifle with a 25MM grenade launcher....but the M4 is still the best over all rifle.

Aeolus08
10-24-2005, 16:46
I picked up the game the day after my last post and beat it last night on the easiest rank, just to get the hang of it from not playing so long.

All I have to say is that it is awesome. The driving is a welcome idea, it takes all the brutality of having to sit there and run your guy for twenty minutes, and it also makes traveling a helluva lot funner. While all the other changes I approve of... my favorite change has to be the weapon system. You can FINALLY accessorize your weapons.

Now I understand why girls always played with Barbies....