Christmas Time Nears - Best Game System? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Time Nears - Best Game System?

Short Cut
10-14-2005, 10:23
First let me say that it's so cool to have such an active gamers forum on GT to ask this question. ^c

Looking for a game system for my 10 year son and he has two younger siblings that will eventually like to play it too. What do you think would be the best system for kids? Thanks :)

funbob
10-14-2005, 14:24
The PS2 will be discounted to $100 for the holiday shopping season. I think that would be the way to go.

Short Cut
10-14-2005, 16:39
Originally posted by funbob
The PS2 will be discounted to $100 for the holiday shopping season. I think that would be the way to go.

Thanks for the suggestion. Could the sale mean that the next generation product is soon to be released?

funbob
10-14-2005, 20:05
Yes, but the PS3 is not due until spring of '06. Xbox 360 will be out in time for the holiday shopping season which is why Sony is lowering the price on the PS2. The current Xbox might see a price cut but it hasn't been announced yet and it probably won't be as much as the PS2 as Microsoft will be focusing on the launch of the 360 and will probably be content to sell remaining Xbox inventory at near current pricing.

Short Cut
10-14-2005, 20:12
Great info, thanks a bunch funbob. ;?