Americas Army v2.5 is out [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Americas Army v2.5 is out

funbob
10-14-2005, 20:58
Adds two new levels, a shoot house training map, beefs up the tournament mode and tweaks the gameplay a bit. My favorite is the change to deter bunnyhopping. A delay has now been added between jumps and a player cannot reload while jumping. Bunnyhopping may be okay in a normal twitch based FPS but I can't stand it in a tactical shooter and I'm glad this change was put in. It's what really has killed CS for me. I wish they'd get rid of it in that game too.

Full download is 900MB, update from v2.4 is 77MB.

Tvov
10-15-2005, 09:55
You just made me remember last night on Battlefield2; I was on Kubra Dam, in an APC. A bad guy shows up on foot, must have been Spec Ops because he came charging towards me, probably to throw C4 on me. I started firing at him, but because of the angle, I was shooting over his head. His reaction to being fired at was to bunny hop, which brought him right into my firing angle! He didn't last long. I don't even think he realized that his bunny hopping got him killed!

Glacked79
10-15-2005, 18:38
There is a bit of lag associated with the new patch - normal for AA, however. Should clear up once everyone patches and gets the PB updates.

The new maps are nice. I like the new iron sights, too. My clan and I played for a little over 4hrs today and everyone really likes the changes.

funbob
10-15-2005, 19:43
I thought the iron sites looked different. I've only had a chance to play for a little bit earlier today but I like them better too.

d0truji
10-15-2005, 21:19

funbob
10-16-2005, 04:21
I noticed my ping times were higher than normal but the gameplay was still pretty smooth. I'm confident they'll settle down to normal once everyone gets updated and updates their PB clients.

For those that don't know, Punkbuster can be manually updated by running pbweb.exe in your AA/system/pb folder. I prefer doing this way so I don't have to wait for the PB client to update when I join a game, which takes a looong time.

Tvov
10-16-2005, 09:26
Originally posted by funbob
For those that don't know, Punkbuster can be manually updated by running pbweb.exe in your AA/system/pb folder.

Yes, again, you have to run pbweb.exe, not just download it. Many just think all they have to do is download it, and then don't understand why they still have problems.

gh0st614
10-17-2005, 05:03
I know its off topic of AA but how did bunnyhopping kill CS? You havent been able to bunnyhop for 3+ years at least....