So many good games being released... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : So many good games being released...

funbob
10-20-2005, 01:10
I was so excited about the F.E.A.R. release, I almost forgot that Quake 4 is now out. I just installed my copy a little while ago and finished a few minutes of playing and I'm impressed. This game really shows off what the Doom 3 engine is capable of doing. If you didn't like Doom 3, you probably won't like this as it has the same simplicity of design of Doom 3. No extra features here, fancy firing modes, or some revolutionary gameplay feature, just pure shoot em up gaming at its finest. (oh yeah, the flashlight is attached to your weapon now ;f )

But the game that really has me excited is Civilization 4. Six days and counting until I can get my hands on it and then I'll probably lock myself away for a couple of days playing it. I've been a Civ fan since the beginning (still have my 5 1/4" disks and manual) and they just keep getting better and better and still just as addicting. It's the only game I've ever played where I can just lose all sense of time. In my younger days, there were more than a few occasions where I'd start playing in the morning and then I'd look out a window and it would be dark and I'd sit there dumbfounded wondering where the day went because it felt like I had just sat down to play.

don51181
10-22-2005, 08:01
I have never played the civ games. Empire Earth 2 is a really great game. Of course Battlefield 2 has been sucking away all of my free time lately.

Godfather
10-22-2005, 10:18
I didn't realize Q4 was already out. I guess that's another one to add to my shopping list. The other game I am waiting for is Age of Empires III. I have been playing this series from the start and have a bit of an addiction for it.

arrowdriver
10-24-2005, 12:29
Original Civ almost killed my college career. Ugh. Time to go buy Civ4 I guess. MBA studies can wait another semester.