Cadillac Cts/dts????? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cadillac Cts/dts?????

WEATHERBY460
10-20-2005, 13:44
I am shopping for a new car......has anyone have any experience with the cts or the dts? Please share your thoughts....gas milage also...thanks.

method
10-20-2005, 19:37
Well, for starters they're two totally different cars. In short, the CTS is a rear wheel drive sports sedan, with rather edgy styling inside and out. The DTS is a front wheel drive luxo barge, with rather conservative styling. The DTS is just a bit quicker in a straight line than the V6 CTS, and while a competent handler for a very big car, the DTS is no match for a CTS on a winding road. The CTS is not as luxurious or as roomy as a DTS, there are features that come standard on a DTS that are not available at all on a CTS. Then again, for people who LOVE to drive, the fact that a CTS comes standard with a 6-speed manual transmission while the DTS is slushbox only..... Comes down to your taste and wants in a car. Edited to add, I have lots of experience with both, I strongly favor the CTS. Gas mileage is gonna be high teens/mid twenties (city/highway) for the DTS, low twenties/high twenties for the CTS.

AirCav
10-24-2005, 09:59
CTS-V

Glock-Man-Man
10-31-2005, 15:56
I used to work on both at the dealer....What do you want to know?

WEATHERBY460
11-03-2005, 18:59
Basically I plan on buying next september when I turn 30, I was wondering what the gas miliage will be, insurance costs, and if there is a big luxury difference between the two, I read that the cts will be new in 07, so I will most likely lean towards a left over 06'dts.

WDavis
11-04-2005, 18:40
A good friend of mine has a 2003. I like it. He had interior trim pieces replaced multiple times due to wear on some rubber coated surfaces. I dont know if he drives it hard, but it goes through tires pretty quickly. His looks great in black.

11-28-2005, 03:50
I saw one of 2 caddy XLR's (supposedly) in Seffner,Fl.The other 1 was supposedly owned by Wade Boggs.Pretty neat, a caddy on a vette frame.