Gun Store, GunShow or Crame...? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gun Store, GunShow or Crame...?

Namron
10-23-2005, 03:58
To all Gun Expert!

I'm a new guy on this Forum, and really getting interested to renew my interest about guns for personal & family protection and make shooting as a hobby.
Actually, I am already decided on what caliber should I get based on opinions of others and I want to have my own 1911 .45 cal as the stopping power is concern.I like ParaOrd P14.45, any of your comments & suggestions about this gun? Another option is KIMBER (but too expensive..!) or Springfield Armory (if within my budget...!), the least option is ARMSCOR (which is better quality now..!).
I need your opinion & suggestions guys if where is the best place to buy a gun, GUN STORE,GUNSHOW or CRAME? What are the advantage & disadvantages? My original plan is, I am having my vacation next month to watch Gun Show and buy the gun.But, since the show is postponed, I try to think of another option in buying at reputable Gun Store or in Camp Crame.

Thank you all in advance..!
namron:)

batangueno
10-23-2005, 06:48
How much is your budget?

For home defense the P14-45 will serve you well. You might want to send a PM to Vault Keeper about his P14 which he is selling at the Buy and Sell thread.

Eye Cutter
10-23-2005, 06:53
If you know someone at crame who can help facilitate your license and purchase, that is the best route. Gunstore purchases will take anywhere from 2wks to forever.

Para and Armscor are good choices. Caliber is your personal preference.

I agree with batangueno, try contacting vault keeper about his P14-45. Hindi gamit yun!

Namron
10-23-2005, 06:59
Batangueno,
40-45K, Why he is selling it?

jasonub
10-23-2005, 07:03
if the competition bug will bite you in the future you might as well get a 40 cal high cap;Q

batangueno
10-23-2005, 07:13
Originally posted by Namron
Why he is selling it?
Hindi nya kasi ginagamit. :) Madaming baril yun si Vault Keeper.

Namron
10-23-2005, 07:50
batangueno,
I already sent PM to vaultkeeper, any idea how much he is selling it?

jasonub,
How much budget do you think I need for .40cal? What will be the advantage in the future compare to .45cal? Sorry for my ignorance.

:) :)

atmarcella
10-23-2005, 08:13
namron,
mag capacity, most .40 cal pistols will hold 18+1, i've heard some will hold 19, the most the .45 will hold is 16 i think w/ a mecgar mag, btw if the gun is for home defense you can buy a .40 and then use premium bullets like doubletap or corbon, doubletap has a 200gr. bullet that flies at 1100fps, thats better than some .45's:)

do you know that most cops in the US carry a g22, thats a .40 cal pistol;f

royal glockster
10-23-2005, 08:14
batangueno,
I already sent PM to vaultkeeper, any idea how much he is selling it?

jasonub,
How much budget do you think I need for .40cal? What will be the advantage in the future compare to .45cal? Sorry for my ignorance.

:) :)

Hi NAmron! Agree with jasonub, buy cal. .40 either para or armscor, depends how much is your budget. why .40? masarap iputok, lesser felt recoil as compared to .45 and more ammo capacity. You will not regret it! ;f

Namron
10-23-2005, 08:32
To those who are suggesting for .40 cal., Thank you very much for your suggestions. Is this looks like a 1911 gun? Pls.post some pics if you have available. Is this a bit lower price compare to .45?
Thanks a lot and your comments & suggestions are all welcome!

namron:)

atmarcella
10-24-2005, 03:57
.40 cal. 1911:

Namron
10-24-2005, 07:06
atmarcella,

how much budget do I need for that .40cal. 1911?

Thanks!:)

atmarcella
10-24-2005, 07:09
ballpark figure for that gun i think is 75k....but i'm not sure.

Namron
10-25-2005, 18:10
What do you mean Ballpark figure? Sorry for my ignorance!

:)

jasonub
10-25-2005, 21:10
an armscor 40 high cap is about 22t or so. you can easyly double and triple that amount when you customize it to what you want.

I suggest get the armscor high cap in 40 and slowly modify it to what you want in the future.

at least you already have the pistol.

then you can replace the internals hammer sear disconnector if you want the trigger to last a very long time and if you want a light pull.

then the bomar sights will come in, magwell, extra mags, basepads, barrel and slide to frame fit. etc etc etc etc etc. good luck

horge
10-25-2005, 21:47
What do you mean Ballpark figure? Sorry for my ignorance!

:)

It's an Americanism indicating a rough estimate.
Baseball-related.

Balls batted to within the ballpark are still playable.
(similarly, an estimate that is not too far out is still useful.)
Defending team's POV applied, of course:

If your team's at bat, you WANT to hit that ball into low earth orbit
or farther!

hth

Namron
10-27-2005, 09:14
jasonub,

yes! Now I want to have a .40 cal. Do you think FA licensing will only take 3 weeks? Or, I'll be having my vacation next month due to orig sched of Gunshow, but, since the show is postponed/moved to January.
Is it a good idea to process all the clearances on my 3 weeks vacation next month then, I will buy a gun on January Gunshow?

Thanks in advance!
namron

Namron
10-29-2005, 23:16
horge,

Thanks for your explanation about Ballpark figure.

namron

atmarcella
10-30-2005, 07:28
jasonub,

yes! Now I want to have a .40 cal. Do you think FA licensing will only take 3 weeks? Or, I'll be having my vacation next month due to orig sched of Gunshow, but, since the show is postponed/moved to January.
Is it a good idea to process all the clearances on my 3 weeks vacation next month then, I will buy a gun on January Gunshow?

Thanks in advance!
namron

if you know someone in crame 3 weeks is enough.