? for the girls......... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ? for the girls.........

10-25-2005, 13:20
I went to this new nail bar today near my home. I havn't had my nails done for ages, so I thought that I would treat myself.

I asked for a french manicure and they were like, "Okay. No problem."

They did my nails without doing the white tips at the end. I was like "Er.... Hello?? Where's the white tip?"

"Oh. That's extra!!" ;P ;P

Is it just me or isn't the white tip part of the nails, like one of the most important part of it?? I paid the $4 extra for white tips as they needed to be done, but I was just wondering what you other girls thought about it.

Needless to say, I shan't be going back there again.

Louise
:cool:

moonglow
10-26-2005, 06:06
the white tip IS the french manicure!! it should've been one price, not extra. don't go back there!

SouthernGal
10-26-2005, 10:37
Originally posted by moonglow
the white tip IS the french manicure!! it should've been one price, not extra. don't go back there!

I'm sayin'!!

Find a new salon post haste!

10-26-2005, 21:59
Originally posted by SouthernGal
I'm sayin'!!

Find a new salon post haste!

I know. I did the typical British thing and paid up and kept my mouth shut. That said, I shall not be going back there again.

LC

Vic303
10-27-2005, 06:59
Sorry Louise...can't help ya! I don't think I EVER had my nails done...that said, I'd have to quit biting them first, I guess!
--Vicky

SouthernGal
10-27-2005, 09:54
Originally posted by LimeyCop
I know. I did the typical British thing and paid up and kept my mouth shut. That said, I shall not be going back there again.

LC

Louise,

Most of the time around here I find salons trying to shirk me on the "overlay" color. They'll do the tips but then don't want to cover the entire nail with a "sheer" color. My solution to this problem is to bring my own OPI French Manicure Kit with me when I go in and make them use MY polish for the job.

SG

vote Republican
10-31-2005, 13:46
Even Stan knows what a French manicure is!!!!

MrsKitty
10-31-2005, 16:19
Originally posted by Vic303
Sorry Louise...can't help ya! I don't think I EVER had my nails done...that said, I'd have to quit biting them first, I guess!
--Vicky

Then you spend the rest of your life trying not to bite them when stressed out ;Q ;g :( ;)

Bogey
11-05-2005, 15:18
Louise, there's a manicure shop right around the corner from my house. You might want to try it sometime. I hear they are great!!!;f

Mrs. VR
11-06-2005, 18:04
Originally posted by vote Republican
Even Stan knows what a French manicure is!!!! ~rf~rf~rf

Louise, I just got one done today, the white tips are ALWAYS included. That's just WEIRD. I also never get charged for the overlay color, it's just included.

hokieglock
11-06-2005, 18:05
won't that get in the way of your trigger finger?;f

11-06-2005, 19:59
Originally posted by hokieglock
won't that get in the way of your trigger finger?;f

Nope!! ;f ;f