GTA: Liberty City Stories [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GTA: Liberty City Stories

Cmoosh
10-26-2005, 18:53
Just got it and i have to say i am amazed at what they did. Pretty much all of GTA:3 stuck in a psp game with a new story.

Now on the controls, at first i had to get used to them (the nub is great but driving a car or a motorcycle at full speed in the opposing lane of traffic takes some getting used to and since it happens alot in any GTA series it is something you want to get used to fast), althoguh if you wish you can change the driving controls and wlaking controls over to the dpad.

Graphics wise, the character models are better then in GTA:3, but due to the psp's 11mb ram, it seems that currently they have not reached the point of getting higher resolution city textures (such as in san andreas). But believe me it is still very good all things considered especially for their first GTA entry, it can only get better from this one (hopefully) and so far it has kept me more then entertained giving the complete GTA experience in your pocket.

All in all Rockstar has opened the floodgates for many much larger games to be created then anyone could have thought possible on a handheld system.

Graphics:4/5 better then gta:3 and especially good for a 1st generation psp game

Controls:3/5 they take some getting used to but after a while they become pretty natural, weapon selection requires you to hit the dpad and taking your hand off the nub, although i am sure i will figure out some contortion to get it right (kind of tough at first) and targeting also takes some getting used to

Fun Factor:4/5 Same dificulty of GTA:3 which in my opinion is a good thing, the missions force you to think a little bit about your approaches and how you shoudl fight or if you should just run like a little pansy girl (i have ran a few times already).

GTA:LCS also has game sharing if i read correctly, so if i am not mistaken you can play multiplayer with anyone who has a psp who also has their wi-fi turned on, no need for them to actually have the game (talk about coolness). Sadly it is restricted to ad hoc only so no multiplayer online yet :"\

Well that is my 2 cents on this game

Arguments, agreements, all are welcome in this thread as well as your in game experiences, just do not include character names/mission names/ or essential parts of the stories (keep it spoiler free).

BLiTzNicK
10-29-2005, 10:04
You can also now add your own music tracks to the game, making it probably the absolute best game thus far for PSP.

JesseCuster
11-11-2005, 18:54
Originally posted by BLiTzNicK
You can also now add your own music tracks to the game, making it probably the absolute best game thus far for PSP.

More like the only game worth buying so far for the PSP.

I think it's a great piece of hardware. It just doesn't have the software library it deserves.

Jtemple
11-17-2005, 11:49
Originally posted by JesseCuster
More like the only game worth buying so far for the PSP.

I think it's a great piece of hardware. It just doesn't have the software library it deserves. I agree. I have 5 PSP games, the only two I play are Lumines and GTA.

Here's what IGN had to say about GTA: Liberty City Stories.

9.0 Presentation
Awesome production values. Great art, voice work, graphics, load times.

9.0 Graphics
It's GTA III on a handheld, only now with more graphical effects. Pretty snazzy.

9.5 Sound
Incredible tunes, voice talent and sound effects.

8.5 Gameplay
Definitely feels less refined than console versions, but the experience is engaging and satisfying nonetheless.

9.5 Lasting Appeal
Tons of extras, hidden bonuses and seven very fun multiplayer modes.

9.0 Overall

pitbull1
11-30-2005, 02:19
i 2nd that, thats one of the reasons y i held off from getting one this fall, that and beacuse of the 360 i had to choose witch one i really wanted...but im still open to get it! i also, cant get enuf of gta

sigpro-fessor
12-22-2005, 07:30
yup great game