Stag Arms for lefty [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Stag Arms for lefty

tgrim
10-28-2005, 12:32
Anyone try their product? Is the left hand layout really worth it? I haven't tried left or right handed AR-15.
thanks

tgrim
11-08-2005, 18:56
I guess I can assume from all the responses that this product is either inferior or nobody has tried it. Thanks for the input.

Bubbamedic
11-10-2005, 04:36
I have not tried the Stag AR but I have shot a Bushmaster and while it does have a deflector for the ejected cartridge if it ever missed that deflector it would be right in your eyes.

tgrim
11-10-2005, 17:25
I assume your a lefty. What about mag. change, charging etc. Is it easy to adapt.

Sambolijah
12-06-2005, 20:34
I'm lefty, and recently shot an m16 for the first time. I didn't have too much of a problem with it.

I got the Stag arms flyers in the mail a couple weeks ago and it looks neat. Only thing is, some parts are gonna be proprietary to Stag Arms, and that will be the ONLY place you can get them.

If you can afford both, go for it. I'll probably stick with the right handed, mostly because of the parts reason.

Rob1035
12-15-2005, 15:36
stag arms makes pretty high quality stuff, so I'm sure the lefty upper is good. That being said, I dont have any problem running a standard AR lefty. A lefty safety would be nice, but not entirely necessary.

bdavis
12-23-2005, 12:30
I have shot a number of AR-15 left handed. It is one of the better semi auto rifles for left handers. I have yet to be hit by a shell. SKS hits me in the center of the forehead. AK sends the hot brass down the back of my shirt if in a range booth.

The only addition I make to any of mine is a left or ambi safety. (Easy to do and not very expensive) All other controls are easily done left handed.

macjoc
12-31-2005, 10:29
Stag uppers and lowers are made by CMT, the same company Colt contracts there uppers and lowers out to.With the brass deflector on the upper you dont have to worry about the brass.Instead of spending the the extra money for a L/H set up, get a R/H upper and install a Norgon ambi- mag. catch, and a ambi saftey.Check-out my post. This rifle was built using Stag upper,lower and barrell.
http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=479948

rangerruck
01-03-2006, 21:48
i also understand that stag makes the uppers for rock river arms, and a few other top flight ar co's.