First time out [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : First time out

Timothy658
10-31-2005, 10:30
Two days ago was my first time riding my bike (or any bike for that matter) and I am hooked for life. The bike is a 75 Honda MT250 Elsinore. Its a dual sport. I practiced my shifting, braking, taking turns in a local park with little to no traffic, and got very comfortable with it. I never layed on the throttle, but it does have good power. My clutch hand is pretty sore even today, because of all the shifting. Definately not a highway bike, but great for around town, and at 260 pounds wet, its a great bike to learn on. I felt comfortable on it from the start. Never even stalled it out. Cant wait to take it out again....the msf course is in my future as well, probably after winter is gone. Just thought Id share my great first time riding!

BikerRN
10-31-2005, 10:57
;F

Now go take the MSF course.

Since you are in snow country you can spend your time reading some good books before you take the course. Proficient Motorcycling and Kieth Code's books are a place to start.

Welcome to the mc fraternity. We all share the same road, enjoy it and ride safe.

fnfalman
10-31-2005, 11:29
[$

Timothy658
10-31-2005, 15:39
Sorry, heres a picture of it. Only one I have.

BikerRN
11-01-2005, 07:58
That's a great starter bike, thanks for the PIC. You will be miles ahead of others in ability by riding that for a season before moving up to something else.

fnfalman
11-01-2005, 08:32
That's a serious tail light, isn't it?:cool:

Timothy658
11-01-2005, 17:28
When I ride this around town, I'll be wearing my blaze orange jacket, that I used for hunting last year. Its big enough for me to wear something underneath it. I figure this should be nice and visible for others, along with a white helmet. I'll probably pick up the Z1R ZRP-1 helmet, if I can find one to try on for fit.

Good suggestion on reading material...I read Proficient Motorcycling before I started riding, and its an excellent read. Learned quite a bit in it.

fnfalman
11-01-2005, 18:50
Those safety vests may not be "cool" but they work quite well in day time and especially at night time.

whogasak47
11-02-2005, 18:40
Originally posted by Timothy658
Sorry, heres a picture of it. Only one I have.
Nice Bike.
Have fun , Bikeriding is a great sport, Ditto on Riders ed class
Good luck and ride safe.^5

Rosey
11-03-2005, 00:28
That bike is WAY retro-cool. Me likes.