Went down... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Went down...

G31Steve
11-02-2005, 23:46
Riding on some back country roads last Thursday with a buddy of mine headed home,(I ride a 2004 Honda 600rr an he rides a 2002 Yamaha R1)We had been ridding some curves now we are on a straight road headed back to my place,We are doing about 55-65mph,a farm\delivery truck pulls right out in front of us then as we try to go around he slams his breaks an begins to make a unsignaled left turn,my thoughts were to speed up to go around my buddies to try to stop(which was impossible),last minute he sees us an stops his turn half in our lane,but it was to late for us,I cliped my buddies bike an went over the bars,he fell over onto his side.I remember tumbling for what seemed like forever,when I stpoed I tried to stand but wobeled got dizzey an fell over,my friend is moving his bike an came over an got my helmet off,I was wearing helmet,leather,racing boots,an gauntlet gloves,I had no rash at all.EMS was on the scene fast an they convinced me to go to the hospital.After a few hours x-rays ect.I was fine just really really sore with a mild concusion.Bike went into grass an just got some minnor scratches an broke a mirror,actually cause more damage to my friends bike(which I plan on paying for),of course the local sheriff rulled in the truck drivers favor an I was ticketed.My gear really saved my ass,Im glad to say ive never ridden with out it,if any of yall dont please start.Ride safe.

Rosey
11-03-2005, 00:26
Glad you and your buddy are allright.

Romulas
11-03-2005, 01:02
I'm glad you are OK and you were riding with gear. I put one down back in march after a lady pulled out in front of me, she tried to run too. Putting a bike down really sucks, and it makes you sore as heck for days. You know what they say, 'you have had the accident or you are going to have the accident'. glad you got it out of the way and you are OK.

okie
11-03-2005, 02:30
Damn I am glad you are okie dokie my friend;P

VWglocker
11-03-2005, 05:10
Originally posted by G31Steve
of course the local sheriff rulled in the truck drivers favor an I was ticketed.

what were you ticketed for?

norton
11-03-2005, 05:42
I went down too when a lady pulled out in front of me and a buddy on the highway.
Broken collarbone and rash for me.
unending ride into the sky for my buddy.
helmet saved my butt.
Glad to hear you are ok.

fnfalman
11-03-2005, 08:52
Crashing at 50+ miles without gear would have been extremely unpleasant. I'm glad that the gears did you some good.

But what was the ticket for? If you guys were only doing 55-60 MPH on a highway, then that's not speeding, right?

G31Steve
11-03-2005, 12:28
Careless Driving ;Q

BikerRN
11-03-2005, 16:54
Glad you are OK. Gear works, and I won't ride without it.

As for the ticket, get a Lawyer that specializes in traffic cases, I think you may be able to beat this ticket.

Take care and good luck, glad you are OK.

scowan007
11-03-2005, 17:39

Dandapani
11-03-2005, 19:39
As the old saying goes, "Dress for the crash, not for the ride!" It amazes me the number of sportbike riders here in FL that ride in shorts, sandals, t-shirt, sans helmet. At least the HD riders ride in jeans, boots and a leather vest....

Cryptoboy
11-03-2005, 21:07
Not much different here in AZ dmobrien2001 for dress.

I've changed my riding habits on my Harley as well (admittedly, at the request of my wife), and started wearing at least a half-helmet again, especially if I'm riding to work. I think it looks goofy, but I won't think so if I ever need it! :) I need a new, good leather riding jacket (I have a Gericke black textile jacket, but armored). Tough part is finding a good year round jacket, given the heat here (115+ heat sucks even in a tshirt!)

Glad you're ok G31, take BikerRN's suggestion and see if you can beat that ticket.