Bored [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bored

BikerRN
11-09-2005, 11:13
I have a new Ducati Multistrada that I'm bored on. With the speed limits what they are I can in no way push the bike to it's potential. I'm thinking of going to the track, but knowing me I'll start racing if I do that and blow all our extra money.

I've been on some roads that used to be a thrill when I was on my Harley, now they don't even raise the pulse or blood pressure. Oh what am I to do? I wish Montana still had the no speed limit rule, I could be safe at 100+. :)

DaisyCutter
11-09-2005, 12:54
I had the same issue with my ZRX. In the end I couldn't risk serious injury or legal problems resulting from going triple-digit speeds... so I sold it.

I still ride & race my CR500. It's ironic that I can legally pass people going 90mph down a rocky dirt road, but would get cited doing it on an empty stretch of highway.

fnfalman
11-09-2005, 16:03
BikerRN,

There are no twisties where you're at? That's a bummer.

BikerRN
11-09-2005, 17:56
We have plenty of twisties here, but with the speed limit it's too slow. :(

I just did a real nice ride through a bunch of twisties at 50 in a 35 zone. I know the area and I'm lucky I didn't meet a Deputy, they like to patrol the area. I wasn't even looking at my speedometer, just riding. I was holding back because I didn't want a ticket, and when I checked the speedo I saw what I was doing. I would've gotten a ticket anyway.

Oh poor poor pitiful me.

epsylum
11-09-2005, 18:13
Yeah most modern sportbikes, it's stupid easy to go fast by car standards and Harley standards. Tripling the speed limit is quite easy. If I decide to get my GPz back running (instead of just selling it), I am just going to leave it stock and use it as a cruiser/commuter bike. It's just too damn easy to get yourself seriously screwed up when trying to go fast, even on a track.

After my Dad and one of his riding buddies (they have about 70 years of riding experience between them), geting seriously messed up in wrecks that should not have happened (slight lapses in judgement) is making me second guess my ability. Wrecks happen on bikes, that fact is unavoidable. I just can't afford the aftermath if one does happen to me. At least with guns ADs aren't part of the sport, if they were we would all be wearing ballistic vests when we shoot like bike riders wear helmets.

fnfalman
11-09-2005, 18:37
There is no way that the DOT or the state highway department will ever make a twisty with high enough speed limits to make it exciting for sporty bikes.

When I ride the canyons, I can double the speed limit with ease and I ain't that hot of a rider.

But then the canyons that I ride usually have posted speed limits of 15-35 MPHs.:)

The Angeles Crest Highway (Hwy 2) has some roads that have speed limits up to 50 or 55-MPH but boocoo charlies out there patrolling and I don't feel getting a ticket or some squid trying to take the fast sweeper at 100+MPH and take me out because they run wide.