ipod [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ipod

quichedem
11-11-2005, 02:17
I just got one of the new ipods that play video, but I don't like the idea of having to buy Quicktime Pro just to get any video on the thing. Is there any other free option to convert Windows Media files and such to Quicktime? Thanks in advance.

Soybomb
11-11-2005, 02:28
I've heard http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/ is good but I'm still on an old 3rd gen ipod..

quichedem
11-12-2005, 11:16
Thanks, Soybomb, but I am having trouble with Videora. I googled for some answers, but no one seems to be having my same problem. I have some Windows media files that I want to get on the ipod, but Videora:
1) converts files, but doesn't put them in the folder I specified-it "converts" them and puts them in the same folder they came from

2) I still cannot import the files into itunes, it doesn't even recognize the files in the folder.

I'll See if I can post somewhere else for more attention and direct to this thread.

This junk is getting on my nerves!!

nikegolf13
11-13-2005, 01:54
Quicktime is a PITA if you ask me. I hate that I even have it on my computer. Sorry I can't help.

*Hijack!
I have a 1Gb Shuffle. I think it is the most amazing thing ever. I love hearing something new everytime a song ends. I can go from some Techno song I downloaded (Oops! I mean "BOUGHT"!), to Garth Brooks to Slayer. It was truly worth the $90 to me!

epsylum
11-17-2005, 20:01
Originally posted by nikegolf13
I can go from some Techno song I downloaded (Oops! I mean "BOUGHT"!), to Garth Brooks to Slayer. It was truly worth the $90 to me!

Those truely are eclectic choices there.

I was with ya, except for the "Garth Brooks" part. Now maybe if you had said Johnny Cash..... ;)

That is one reason I will never own anything made by Apple. They force you to use thier crap adn do everything thier way.

I have been eyeballing a Zen Micro however.