Xbox 360 anyone? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 anyone?

nikegolf13
11-13-2005, 01:25
Any of you guys had your hands on a Xbox 360 yet? I had a chance to play one at Best Buy last week. It was hooked up to a 17" LCD screen running Call of Duty 2. I WAS NOT impressed. I went back this evening, and they have it hooked up to a Samsung HDTV now. WOW!! Breathtaking graphics!

A guy I work with has one pre-ordered, along with 2 games and an extra controller. He spent over $600. I can't justify spending that much. I have an Xbox now with live and love it, $400 for the system seems like a lot.

Anyone had a chance to get near one yet?

Ender
11-13-2005, 01:32
nope, and i can certainly wait for the price to drop.

the extra month or two isn't a big deal when one is talking about a buttload of money :P

bought my original xbox with tiger woods and HALO a long time after it came out. much less money, just as much fun ;f

DreamWeaver88
11-13-2005, 19:54
Don't look for the price to drop anytime soon. Maybe the middle of next year when Revolution is released.

DW

Wulfenite
11-14-2005, 15:48
Has anybody heard if the 360 will network with the original xbox?

Bushmanfnp
11-14-2005, 15:59
High do not do a lot of video game playing, however it seems like that just about the time the price should drop on one of these items, they come out with something new to justify keeping the price up. Is that just my imagination, or do other people see this also?

Bikewer
11-14-2005, 19:20
I've never had any console whatever, but the price of keeping my computer upgraded enough to play current games is beginning to sway me.
I'm looking at 200 bucks plus to bring my old 1.9 Pent 4 up to a 3-gig model (Gateway proprietary item) wheras the better X-box will be twice that...

Still, I'm more into simulations, and I don't believe the consoles have the control hardware yet....

DreamWeaver88
11-15-2005, 16:25
Originally posted by Bushmanfnp
High do not do a lot of video game playing, however it seems like that just about the time the price should drop on one of these items, they come out with something new to justify keeping the price up. Is that just my imagination, or do other people see this also?

Nah, hardware is almost always a losing proposition (or very, very little profit) for the game companies. They make up for it by selling games. The reason you see price drops as the system gets older is because they find cheaper ways to manufacture the consoles.

Consoles usually have a life span of about 5 years, then the next generation of consoles come out.

DW

funbob
11-15-2005, 19:39
I'm not impressed with what I've seen so far. CoD2 looks much better on my computer. Though I've never really been much of a console gamer.

MNNICK21
11-15-2005, 19:57
I got the first X-box the night it was released. Halo was the major selling point. I will get the x-box 360 at some point. But so far there is no game that jumps out at me. I just got a new Alienware PC. So until Halo 3 comes out, I will be getting all the big tittles for the PC.

archeryislife
11-16-2005, 06:33
I'm a PC gamer from way back, but the cost has been astounding. I made the jump last year when I bought a PS2, so far I have liked it and probably saved money. I'm currently considering buying the xbox 360 next week when it comes out, I can't wait to hook up a system that will look good on my HDTV.