anyone else a business major? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : anyone else a business major?

mrwiggins
11-15-2005, 21:12
i'm in marketing!

CollegeGlocker
11-15-2005, 22:38
Business is for engineering majors that flunked out. ;f

mrwiggins
11-15-2005, 22:42
but i love sales and management, so it's up my alley.

CollegeGlocker
11-15-2005, 22:46
Will graduate in Mechanical Engineering in the Spring, then maybe go on and get an MBA

Str8shootr
11-16-2005, 05:43
My daughter graduates a year from next month, she is trying to choose between Management or Finance.........any suggestions? What jobs can she look forward to with either degree?

glock_19_9mm
11-16-2005, 09:51
BS in Engineering and working on MA in Management and an MBA.

Could have gone back for MS in engineering but I felt that would limit my future career opportunities. With the current rage in downsizing and outsourcing I did not want to get stuck in a field with shrinking job opportunities. With the Management/Business/Engineering backgrounds, I believe I will be able to get a job in almost any field.

GixxerSixxer
11-20-2005, 13:42
I got a BS in Molecular Biology. I'm going back to get a MST degree. It's a Masters of Science and Technology. This is a Business/Management graduate degree for scientists. It is designed to teach scientists how the business world operates as well as more in depth in the science realm.

So the degree is an MBA and Masters of Science rolled into one degree. I'm looking forward to going back. I hope to get a Senior Management position in a Biotech/Pharmaceutical company with it.

SureThing
11-22-2005, 08:13
I'm have a Marketing degree also....but work in computers.

LBTRS
12-03-2005, 14:10
I'm an MBA student with a concentration in finance. Grad in Aug 06.

LBTRS

MADISON
12-12-2005, 17:26
Anyone else a business major?
I was 40 years ago. ...never used it.

norton
12-14-2005, 12:00
Originally posted by MADISON
Anyone else a business major?
I was 40 years ago. ...never used it.

yep-have worked in p/c insurance for 30 years.

bunkerbuster
12-28-2005, 13:22
I never wanted to major in Engineering nor Business, but I did want to study Science and Economics.

After I graduated I had jobs in:

Financial field
Chemical engineering field
airline industry (part time)

conclusion: study whatever you like. Also, do not forget stuff that you learned from school. If it is sci/engineering related, apply it as much as you can. If it is econ/business related, use it ONLY for "ideal/benchmark" figures.

Ribbler
01-02-2006, 10:19
Originally posted by CollegeGlocker
Business is for engineering majors that flunked out. ;f

Spoken like a man who has yet to take intermediate accounting!!

Ribbler
01-02-2006, 10:21
Originally posted by mrwiggins
i'm in marketing!

I was about 10 yars ago. B.A. in accounting and MBA. Glad I went that route. Would have liked a double major by adding a finance degree but had to get to work.

bryan cc tx
01-24-2006, 10:22
Finance

Gratiot
02-04-2006, 17:01
Currently I'm working on a dual majors; Business Management and Economics.

Originally posted by GixxerSixxer
I'm looking forward to going back.

Looking forward to this too?
http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/

GixxerSixxer
02-05-2006, 18:41
Originally posted by Gratiot
Currently I'm working on a dual majors; Business Management and Economics.

Looking forward to this too?
http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/

Oh you had better believe it. I've got a friend who's uncle is in a Porsche club here and is going to teach some of the racing classes at the track. I can't wait for the AMA race to come.

Now I'm really torn about buying another bike and having it as a track toy or just riding my regular bike on the track and take the risk of putting it down.

Gratiot
02-05-2006, 21:55
Originally posted by GixxerSixxer
Oh you had better believe it. I've got a friend who's uncle is in a Porsche club here and is going to teach some of the racing classes at the track. I can't wait for the AMA race to come.

Now I'm really torn about buying another bike and having it as a track toy or just riding my regular bike on the track and take the risk of putting it down.

Tough call, but once you start riding the track, you're probally get rid of the street bike anyways.. it'll never be the same again! Regardless though a set of aftermarket body work looks far cooler, and is far cheaper on the pocket book when you crash

What gen 600 do you have?

GixxerSixxer
02-07-2006, 17:48
Originally posted by Gratiot
Tough call, but once you start riding the track, you're probally get rid of the street bike anyways.. it'll never be the same again! Regardless though a set of aftermarket body work looks far cooler, and is far cheaper on the pocket book when you crash

What gen 600 do you have?

It's a 2001.

I've heard from a number of people that once you get on the track the street riding you used to do looks incredibly dangerous. I can believe it, Big Cottonwood Canyon has blind corners and tar snakes all over the place. My friend hit a deer up Little Cottonwood Canyon. So once you take out the risk of getting a speeding ticket and provide safe run-off room the track just appeals to more people.

I think it will come down to cost. $100/weekend at the track plus tires can get expensive real quick. If I weren't paying for Grad School I might be more inclined to take the chance up more.