Hardly Doeseverun [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hardly Doeseverun

NMGlocker
11-17-2005, 13:20
You guys think I'm a Harley basher, check this guy out.
http://www.goingfaster.com/angst/main.htm
;n

mmsig229
11-17-2005, 13:50
Ouch!!!!!That guy has some anger management issues. Oh well, doesn't bother me too much, I have a Softail and a 929RR.....

epsylum
11-17-2005, 17:48
Check out this spy shot fo the new 07 Harley Davidson offering!

http://www.cycletownusa.com/dmroadog.jpg

;N

Sorry I couldn't resist

;f

NMGlocker
11-17-2005, 18:04
I'm all for riding whatever you want to ride.
I just think it's funny (and a little bit sad) when people take a H-D cruiser and make a wanna-be hot rod out of it.
Just think of the jeers I'd get if I chopped and lowered my ZX-10R, maybe added a sissy bar and some ape hangers.

fnfalman
11-17-2005, 18:18
There's a picture of some dude on a Speed Triple (05 model) with ape hanger. It's in one of the motorcycle magazines, but I don't remember which one.

People chop, stretch, channel, lower Hayabusas all the time.

NMGlocker
11-17-2005, 18:41
Originally posted by fnfalman
And they are squidly retards as well.
;)
btw: I am NOT going the PJ's this weekend. A Triumph Speed Triple would be too damn tempting (and I have just enough discretionary income to be dangerous right now).
:cool:

epsylum
11-17-2005, 18:52
Originally posted by NMGlocker
And they are squidly retards as well.
;)
btw: I am NOT going the PJ's this weekend. A Triumph Speed Triple would be too damn tempting (and I have just enough discretionary income to be dangerous right now).
:cool:

To be fair to some of the "squidly retards" with lowered and streched busas, they need to do that. The others (that is ones with less than 200rwhp) just do it for looks, so I would say that they fall under that catagory.

Now the best is seeing the occasional slammed and strecthed Katana 600 or TL-1000. There is no reason either 2 should have either mod done to them. They both make HORRIBLE drag bikes. The busa on the other hand.......

epsylum
11-17-2005, 18:55
Originally posted by fnfalman
There's a picture of some dude on a Speed Triple (05 model) with ape hanger. It's in one of the motorcycle magazines, but I don't remember which one.

The best was in the very back of a Brit bike mag about 4 years ago, they had a video review. In the couple of screenshots was a guy on a stretched fork, raked out, ape hanger equipped...

ready....

KX 125!!!

It even had the number plates and the stock front fender on it (except the fender was about 5 feet off the ground). This dude was just cheezin rollin this thing. I about fell out of my chair laughing. No one could say he didn't have a sense of humor (assuming he wasn't serious).