Second Amendment Sisters [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Second Amendment Sisters

reinbeau
11-17-2005, 18:30
Anyone here belong? I joined the Mass chapter a couple months ago, they have ladies practices the third Saturday of every month, they're pretty well attended by both experienced shooters through women who have never handled a gun before. It's all done with instruction. December 3 they're holding a certificate course for people who are going to try for their carry licenses (remember, we're in Mass!! ;Q ). Just wondered if anyone else belonged :)

Gary F
11-18-2005, 16:41
I am a SAS member in PA. Good organization, but they need a lot more activism from my perspective. Washington DC rallies were not particularly well - attended, and local (Phila) events that were to include presentations by Massad Ayoob were cancelled due to lack of # people signing-up for same.

Sounds SAS could be a great organization to help Mass citizen's regain their rights! Keep getting the word out & best of "luck"!

peace, gary

Jaegergirl
11-18-2005, 19:08
I joined them several years ago and even considered being a state coordinator at one point. problem was there was no one in the group here in northeastern ohio and i just didn't have the time to try and build something up locally. i would love if there was an active group around here, though.

reinbeau
11-19-2005, 09:07
Well, our coordinator is trying really hard, now we've got established practices every third Saturday at a local pistol club, they hold practices in Dorchester on the fourth Friday night, and December 3 they're offering a basic pistol course that'll get you a certificate to bring to your police chief if you're applying for a LTC (believe it or not, some of us live in gun friendly towns where the police chief actually understand what the right to bear arms means ;) ) and they hook up with various target shooting events. I think we're on a roll here in southeastern Mass up through Boston.

I also have a home in southern Maine, and they're trying to get something started up there, also. That may be a bit of a tougher sell, as laws aren't as strict up there (although give the immigrant M*******s time and they'll drag the Mass laws up there, if they give them the chance); you can find lots of places to shoot. The chapter happens to be forming in South Berwick, close to me, so I can attend their shoots when they have them, too.

Today we have a volunteer gun instructor coming to give some basic instruction and lessons on gun cleaning, which is good, as my G23 hasn't been really cleaned yet.

Vic303
11-20-2005, 06:56
Sadly, it looks like there are very few SASers in TX too. The yahoo list only has 17 subscribers. I've given a lot of thought to joining the DIVAS though, as they are quite active here in DFW.

Kolchak
11-26-2005, 17:16
I've been a member for a number of years, although I am not active in the MA activities, mostly due to the fact that they are farther away from me than I can get to conveniently. I am on the email list, though, and follow the activities and developments with interest.

Lord knows, we need all the help and support for gun ownership that we beleagured MA residents can get. The ladies here are doing a great job in trying to get the word out, and presenting a good image to the public.