Got My Bike! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Got My Bike!

g_man500a
11-21-2005, 09:08
Hey Guys,

I picked up my bike this weekend and spent a good portion of yesterday riding with a good friend of mine. It was a blast. I thuroughly enjoyed it:) Anyways, just figured I'd share.

xrmattaz
11-21-2005, 09:18
[$ Congrats! Please share the details, I always enjoy reading a good "new bike" thread!

fnfalman
11-21-2005, 10:08
We wanna see some road dirt on it!!!

whogasak47
11-21-2005, 15:05
Originally posted by g_man500a
Hey Guys,

I picked up my bike this weekend and spent a good portion of yesterday riding with a good friend of mine. It was a blast. I thuroughly enjoyed it:) Anyways, just figured I'd share.

I am also awaiting photo, and or description of scooter you have.
Good Luck and Ride Safe.

klmmicro
11-21-2005, 15:15
What did you get?

wolfy692005
11-21-2005, 17:07
congrates on the new scooter..

g_man500a
11-23-2005, 09:35
Hey Guys,

It's a 2001 Katana 750 with Yoshimura RS-3 exhaust, -1 front sprocket and stage 1 jet kit. It has a real neat paint job on it that looks like a cherry red in bright sunlight, like a deep purpleish color in the shade and black at night. That exhaust really screams..I love it :)

I've enjoyed the hell out of it so far. I rode it for about 3 hours on sunday with a friend of mine that went with me to pick it up. We just kind of took some back roads to different places that were cool to see. Had a blast.

I had it loaded in the back of my truck, but then got nervous about unloading it(didn't want to drop it), so I took it to a shop that a friend of mine knows the owner of and the guy unloaded it for me. I then had to ride it on the interstate to get it to the house, so that was a first but not bad.

I won't be able to ride it today cause i have to work all day and it will be dark and cold when I get off, but my 4 day weekend starts tomorrow, so I'll definately be putting some miles on it over the weekend. I have a lot of nice curvy country roads out my way that I need to cruise.

Here's some pictures...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v696/g_man500a/Augusta3.jpg Here's a picture my friend took. Mine is in the back

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v696/g_man500a/Augusta1.jpg
When I was first sitting on it and trying deciding wether or not to buy it

I had some more, but I can't find them right now :)

klmmicro
11-23-2005, 09:59
Sweeeeeet ride! Perfect timing on the buy too...right before the long weekend. ;f

fnfalman
11-23-2005, 11:02
Four-days weekend = half of the rubber on the rear tire gone.;f

g_man500a
11-23-2005, 11:40
Thanks guys :)

I won't be able to ride consistantly because my mom came in from Orlando last night and I can't just abandon her, but I will most definately put at least 200 or so on it this weekend. My girlfriend teaches riding lessons to this wealthy family about 40 minutes from here, and the drive out there consists of the most beautiful windy country roads. I've already told the women that they're going to be riding together in the car while I lead on the bike.

I almost forgot how nice it is to get on the road with a bike. I'm really loving it so far. Now I just need to get my friend that has a GS500F to go riding with me, lol.

g_man500a
11-23-2005, 11:53
Hey, I found one of the better pictures of the bike in which you can really see the color..here it is :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v696/g_man500a/kat1.jpg

BikerRN
11-23-2005, 13:03
Enjoy and CONGRATS on the new scoot!

I'm off to put some miles on my Ducati now that the mountain has warmed up a bit. It's 1:00 in the afternoon and it should be good until about 5 for riding.

wvwayne
11-24-2005, 02:29
You guys from the sun belt always make me want to cry,IT'S FREAKIN SNOWING HERE!;0

BikerRN
11-24-2005, 04:05
SNOW = Why I live in the Sunbelt. :)

g_man500a
11-24-2005, 13:33
Yeah..I love living where it doesn't snow :) I think maybe like a week of snow a year would be kind of fun, but that's all I would want.

It's in the mid 60s here today. I actually wore a short sleeve shirt and took the liner out of my riding jacket and opened up the bicep vents when I went on my ride today :) Whereas on my previous rides on the bike, I had a long sleeve shirt on, with a sweatshirt over that, with my jacket with liner installed over that..Beautiful day today. I'm gonna go riding here again in just a little bit :)