I think my 21 has proven its durability [Archive] - Page 2 - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I think my 21 has proven its durability

Pages : 1 [2]

Wvladimire
10-05-2007, 21:07
Yes the video shows him pick it up out of the mud and look down the barrel. What I find unbelievable and laughable is that the bore was not filled with mud, especially when it landed muzzle first. Despite all you hard core Glock fans, this does go against the laws of physics, and would be impossible to happen. Numerical chances of this happening are astronomical.

I have experience of belly crawling through mud and having a sidearm fill with mud in every little nook and cranny, even the bore. And the pistol was going grip first through the mud.

Again films can be edited to suit the tester's or filmer's needs.

bigbore
10-10-2007, 17:32
Originally posted by Wvladimire

Again films can be edited to suit the tester's or filmer's needs. [/B]

Thanks for the laugh:laughabove:

Wvladimire
10-10-2007, 18:07
No thank you for the belly laugh you gave me for showing your ignorance. I dropped a 1911 from waist height into a muddy field and guess what. When I pulled it out, there is no way I would fire it. Why you ask, because the barrel and bore were filled with mud.

So the testers video, is subject to skepticism.

Don't believe me, then try it yourself sometime, and tell me the barrel and bore didn't fill with mud.

zach2430
10-21-2007, 12:08
No thank you for the belly laugh you gave me for showing your ignorance. I dropped a 1911 from waist height into a muddy field and guess what. When I pulled it out, there is no way I would fire it. Why you ask, because the barrel and bore were filled with mud.

So the testers video, is subject to skepticism.

Don't believe me, then try it yourself sometime, and tell me the barrel and bore didn't fill with mud.

As a current LEO I can safely say you sound like an idiot. Why do people always brag about being a LEO and assuming they are experts in everything. It makes us all look like idiots. And where in your carreer did you become a physics expert?

Wvladimire
10-22-2007, 10:39
Dear Zach 2430,

When I first read your post I was angry. So I did not reply right away, so that I could make a logical and intelligent argument. In response to your reply, I believe that I am showing that I have common sense, as well as a brain, and that I am using it. I have tried to be nice, amicable, and polite on this forum. While you, without any basis or facts to support your arguement attack me and my credibility.

First point, anyone who has a degree in Criminal Justice has to take Physics to earn that degree. *At least in my state.* And that course is not an elective course, one has to take it, in order to get the degree.

Also anyone who has taken a basic hunter safety course, firearm safety course, and has attended a Police Academy should know that one of the first things they teach you if you drop your duty weapon, "unless it's a dire situation, and your life is endanger, do not just fire your weapon without first field stripping it, checking to see if the bore is clear, and clean it if possible before firing that weapon." That quote is from any of the three classes listed above.

Also to those of you who are die hard fans of this particular thread, and are fool hardy enough to believe everything you read without questioning it. I've attached a pic of a Remington 870 barrel that came into my shop two weeks ago. To make a long story short, a son and his father were out hunting, the son dropped his shotgun in the mud, picked it up and asked his father if it was okay to shoot. The father responded, yeah go ahead and shoot it, it'll be ok. The son complied, and what you see is what happens when a bore is clogged with just a little bit of mud.

The shotgun wasn't dropped out of an airplane, where it landed muzzle end first in the mud and buried itself up to the grip. No it was just dropped from waist height into a muddy field by accident. Proof that what the tester claims he did is up to scrutinization.

And Zack, you're a moron, who should not own any firearms what so ever. I believe that you are a danger to yourself and your fellow co-workers if you do not know this little bit of firearm safety. Do us, meaning all GOOD LEO's, a favor and take a firearm safety course before you shoot your mouth off again without any facts to support your argument.

Major Danger
10-23-2007, 10:44
Dear Zach 2430,

And Zack, you're a moron, who should not own any firearms what so ever. I believe that you are a danger to yourself and your fellow co-workers if you do not know this little bit of firearm safety. Do us, meaning all GOOD LEO's, a favor and take a firearm safety course before you shoot your mouth off again without any facts to support your argument.

Wow, and I thought my thread about my dislike of the Glock 36 was met with a rabbid frenzy of frothy-mouthed fanboys!

Godspeed.

Wvladimire
10-23-2007, 23:31
Dear Major Danger,

The quote from me regarding Zack, is not about my dislike for the Glock 21. I said what I did because Zack attacked my credibility without any facts to support his arguement. Just ruthless name calling, because I questioned the fact the tester who posted this thread, claimed with accompaning video, to have dropped his Glock 21 out of an airplane into a muddy field. Where his Glock landed muzzle end first and buried itself up to the grip in the mud. The tester then pulled his Glock out of the mud, jacked a round into the chamber, and fired it.

I have said that that part of the test is skeptical at best. For the simple fact that if the gun landed muzzle first in the field and buried itself up to the grip in mud. Then the gun would not have fired without blowing up in his hand, due to the fact that the barrel would be caked with mud. This simple fact that escapes everyone's attention, goes against the laws of Physics, and is a safety hazard that any basic firearm safety course will teach you. Zack as well as a few others seem to think it's not a safety concern. That is why I stated he take a basic safety course before he owns, shoots, or handles any firearm.

Also the only other thing I will say is this. To you die hard fans of this test, if you do not believe me, then I make the following suggestion:

Take your Glock into a muddy field. Shove your Glock muzzle end first into the mud up to the grip. Pull your Glock out of the mud and then try to work the slide back to chamber a round. If you can do that, and actually chamber a bullet, without the barrel being caked with mud, then please by all means go ahead and fire your weapon. I take no responsibility or liability on your actions with this. And when you write me back with your new hook and eye patch to tell me how your test reults ended, I will gladly say I told you so.

PS. I do not hate Glocks, they are a reliable firearm, however they do not fit my hand or taste. This is a personal matter not reflecting on how well or not well the firearm is made. I am only trying to point out that the test is flawed for several reasons. Please use your head people and be safe with your firearms.

THEPOPE
10-25-2007, 21:39
Wow, an "almost 40 year-old" , seemingly able to form a full sentence with common sense, resorting to name-calling, like "ignorant", and "moron", aimed at other posters here, including the O.P., .....priceless.

Please don't attack ,me, I'm simply pointing out an obviously deranged and charactor-flawed thread-killer. :devilish:

I'm out :strong:

Kadetklapp
10-26-2007, 11:18
Yes the video shows him pick it up out of the mud and look down the barrel. What I find unbelievable and laughable is that the bore was not filled with mud, especially when it landed muzzle first. Despite all you hard core Glock fans, this does go against the laws of physics, and would be impossible to happen. Numerical chances of this happening are astronomical.

I have experience of belly crawling through mud and having a sidearm fill with mud in every little nook and cranny, even the bore. And the pistol was going grip first through the mud.

Again films can be edited to suit the tester's or filmer's needs.

I consider myself to be a reasonable man, such as when some guy with ten posts gets on a forum claiming to be retired LE, military, and a mud-crawler, I don't dispute this even though his own claims sound like complete BS, but because one can't prove his own employment status on the internet any better than he can, but I will make an observation:

I take an annual firearms course with one of the most renouned firearms instructors in the United States. Perhaps some of you have heard of him, Sheriff Ken Campbell. Mr. Campbell is not what I would call, a Glock fan. However he is an expert on the 1911 pistol. My last class with him someone mentioned this G21 torture test. He himself noted that it was indeed possible for the barrel to be unobstructed and even if there was a smallish amount of mud debris inside, it would be entirely possible to shoot the gun without a problem. He also allowed that the Glock would probably be able to handle this better than a 1911 simply because the tighter tolerances of most hi-dollar 1911s would become compromised.

I have dropped my Ruger 9mm directly into muddy water muzzle-down and upon field strip and inspection, there was NO blockage whatsoever in the bore itself.

Get a grip Captain America.

Wvladimire
10-26-2007, 19:54
You can think what you want Memorial9c1. Just as I could do the same with your course and instructor. But please, go ahead and test this theory yourself. Go into a muddy field and simulate what the tester did. Shove your gun muzzle first into the mud up to the grip. Pull it out and then proceed to try and chamber a round. If you can, with the barrel being caked with mud, then by all means go ahead and fire it. Then enjoy your new hook and eye patch.

Being a reasonable man, I have tested this claim over and over again with just a piece of pipe. And you know what, the pipe fills with mud EVERY time. Must be those unbreakable laws of gravity, physics, and common sense coming into play. You just can't escape them. Well maybe one can in their fantasies.

Don't believe me, then view pic I've attached, or try shoving a piece of pipe into mud, and then tell me every time you pull it out it's not filled with mud. This is an udisputable fact. No matter how often you try to blur the issue, dance around facts, or claim to have been instructed by proficient people.

Wvladimire
10-26-2007, 20:07
PS. Sorry if my facts ruin your fantasy of how great and indestructable the Glock is. But everything I have said, pointed out, and claimed is true for ANY firearm. Any sensible person would agree and acknowledge this. Or can over 200 years of written firearm history, care, and maintenance be wrong???

Texas357
10-28-2007, 01:18
Perhaps there are different types and consitancies of mud? Perhaps you should all put them back in your pants and make your own videos, if you think you could do a better job?

chiefkc2002
11-11-2007, 20:02
This test is one of the main reasons I will never get rid of my G21. That and the fact I shoot it so damn well.

I agree after reading this I picked up a g21 sf

2ndamd
11-13-2007, 03:48
I do not know how this thread got off track.
OT Thanks for the tests. That is testament to what a fine peice of weaponery the Glock has turned out to be.
Thanks for sharing your results.

cmp944
11-20-2007, 12:03
I remember when someone posted a link to this torture test on AR15, its around the same time I started to get rather interested in Glocks.

americanmadeGI
01-27-2008, 14:44
This is the sole reason i decided to buy a glock.

Wetterman
03-14-2008, 12:59
bigbore
what's that guide rod assembly on your gun?

brawnless
04-17-2008, 05:10
For the Glock 21, what is the documented round count without parts replacement?

GMAN40
06-07-2008, 08:04
G21 my favorite GLOCK!:supergrin:

Wetterman
06-19-2008, 14:09
bigbore

I guess Bigbore isn't reading these threads anymore...

Maddcat1
08-09-2008, 12:29
Im sold on the 21 :whistling: although I like my 22C way better :rofl:

zachattack38
08-20-2008, 11:08
this makes me proud to own and carry a glock

Apocalypse_Now
09-08-2008, 11:48
I guess Bigbore isn't reading these threads anymore...

Maybe he's tired of omnipotent "gun experts" hassling him over his fun project that he shared with us :whistling:

Furyataurus
09-30-2008, 15:40
I'd like to see a continuous firing test between Bigbore's G21 and an HK USP 45, not the compact but the direct competitor to the G21. Let's say 1000 rounds each as fast as they can shoot. Like Para did with their 1911.

SW342
10-01-2008, 17:09
G21 is hard to beat.....of coarse I love all the glock models. :-)

Graves
10-02-2008, 08:55
I humped a 16 for 91/2 months in the bush @ the Battle of Vietnam. My ass depended on this weapon working %100 of the time, it was kept clean and well maintained. So the point of abuseing this Glock is WAHT?

Grow up KIDS!

I'm guessing word never got to you about all the fire fights and lives lost in nam as a result of the reliability of the early m16 :faint:

Awesome thread btw

Graves
10-02-2008, 08:57
dbl post sry

Rob_0811
10-31-2008, 10:27
@ the Battle of Vietnam.

Last I checked, Vietnam was a War, not a battle, there, stud.

bigbore
11-03-2008, 16:49
Its been a couple years since I did anything with it because its been buried in my back yard. I dug it up today, and other than the spots where the Tennifer was ground off it seems pretty good.

http://www.adcofirearms.com/glock/buried1.jpg

It doesnt look like the trigger spring did too well.
http://www.adcofirearms.com/glock/buried2.jpg

It seems to only rust where the tennifer was removed. It doesnt look good in the barrel. Maybe it was a thin spot in the tenifer and a hundred thousand rounds wore through?
http://www.adcofirearms.com/glock/buried3.jpg

The top of the barrel wasnt eroded along the edge when I buried it. I dont know what happened there?
http://www.adcofirearms.com/glock/buried5.jpg

I'll let it soak for a day in EvapoRust and see if I still have a functional weapon.
http://www.adcofirearms.com/glock/buried7.jpg

video will be here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWQOoYFT2-4

boonyrat
11-05-2008, 12:20
and i worried when i dropped my 20 out of the tree stand while bow hunting the other day!:whistling:

sigpro-fessor
11-05-2008, 18:47
Cool, I didnt know you were a fellow Ohioan by the way. :wavey:

Berettaboiseboy
11-05-2008, 19:03
this is a fantastic thread and a great test. I bought my 3rd gen. g21 this last summer. I always new glocks are absolute tools that are built for simplicity and reliability, but this thread really makes me feel that much better about owning a 21. thank you again for the testing.

blackbirdzach
11-05-2008, 19:10
Welcome back! I wondered where you went!

mike_purdue
11-05-2008, 23:24
No you are incorrect. The facts are the LAWS OF PHYSICS. You cannot go against the laws of physics, because the laws of physics govern the universe. If the tester dropped his Glock out of an airplane into a muddy field where it buried itself up to the grip in mud. Mind you the muzzle end landed first, meaning point down, then the barrel would have to be obstructed with mud. He claims he just pulled it out of the mud and fired it. No checking the bore. This goes against the laws of physics and gravity, because the barrel/bore would have filled with mud. Don't try to argue this because you think your Glock is indestructible. And if this is true and your glock does go against the laws of physics, which is totally impossible, then it would not fire. Due to the fact that everything in the universe has gone caput.

Simple fact of life, you cannot argue the laws of mathematics.

As a mechanical engineer that actually uses math and the laws of physics can I ask you to stop using these words?

You don't know what you're talking about. The laws of physics have names, there are a lot of them. If you are a physicist be specific, if you're not then stop referring to sciences you do not understand.

If the fact that you cannot argue that laws of mathematics is a fact, then why do mathematicians and physicists and engineers constantly CONSTANTLY argue these things?

Further, the modern understanding of basic (Newtonian) mechanics that govern things like dropping guns out of planes after they take off from treadmills has been pretty well understood for only about 300 years (he was born in 1643). The universe has been around for somewhere between 2200 and infinity years depending on your religious beliefs, so we haven't really had the time to "iron everything out" yet.

Anyways, you don't think this guy really did this stuff, or you think that he exaggerated his results. Please leave it at that, and qualify your opinions in a reasonable way, but don't just say "I'm right because of science".

Stop being a troll.

Boondock Saint
11-05-2008, 23:49
YES! The 21 has returned!

B.Mauser
11-06-2008, 02:29
Thank you bigbore. For coming back and keeping in touch here and for doing this test in the first place.:wavey:

My 17 year old G21 is still going strong.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/exhume1/G21.jpg

IV Troop
11-07-2008, 19:05
Keep up the good work, er goofing off, er "scientific" tests.

It has been entertaining to follow.

Disregard the clowns.

Carry on! :)

BlindBoyJoe
11-24-2008, 23:39
Any updates? Any new Videos coming our way?

ruthlessFF
12-14-2008, 12:56
thanks for all the info!

DonGlock26
12-14-2008, 14:09
Its been a couple years since I did anything with it because its been buried in my back yard. I dug it up today, and other than the spots where the Tennifer was ground off it seems pretty good.

Wow, that G-21 belongs in a Glock, Inc. display case.

Zapfenstreich
12-19-2008, 09:46
Epic thread. Boosts my confidence in Glocks sky-high.

Apocalypse_Now
12-22-2008, 14:11
Best of Glocktalk. This is why I joined, the tech, links and tests :rock:

eddief4
12-22-2008, 20:35
AWESOME!!!

did it ever fire?

bigbore
01-04-2009, 17:02
AWESOME!!!

did it ever fire?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbv89YFkAq4

blackbirdzach
01-04-2009, 22:53
Yay!!! It's back! Nice to see it's still running just fine!

2006HighSierra
01-05-2009, 20:33
I know it must be hard finding more things to subject it too but I have an idea. I say get a Mack gravel bucket w/ about 20 ton of rock and dump on it. then recover and continue to embarrass other manufacturers.

Apocalypse_Now
01-05-2009, 20:35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbv89YFkAq4

You're the man. I would buy you a drink, anytime :cool:

dne752
01-23-2009, 18:53
For sale: One "slightly" used Glock. Shows signs of some very minor wear. Pistol has ALWAYS seen the best of care. Trades welcome... must be another Glock!!!!

douggmc
01-23-2009, 20:36
For sale: One "slightly" used Glock. Shows signs of some very minor wear. Pistol has ALWAYS seen the best of care. Trades welcome... must be another Glock!!!!

:rofl: .... hilarious. Bigbore ... you should seriously put that 21 up for sale here on the GT "want ads". You could probably name your price and have people jumping at the chance to buy it ... its like a piece that should be in a museum some day!

ruthlessFF
02-02-2009, 14:09
some of those shooters scare me, I think a basics refresher is in order for some...

Kyle E. Coyote
02-02-2009, 14:24
Unreal... maybe I should sell that unfired backup G30 collecting dust in the sock drawer. Seeing this I know I'll obviously never need it, AWB 2.0 won't affect it... don't really know what it's there for anymore.

SAG
02-13-2009, 20:38
Wow.
What else do you say after reading/watching this?
My pampered Glocks should be good until about 3009. :wow:

MSW
02-14-2009, 20:12
As a mechanical engineer that actually uses math and the laws of physics can I ask you to stop using these words?

You don't know what you're talking about. The laws of physics have names, there are a lot of them. If you are a physicist be specific, if you're not then stop referring to sciences you do not understand.

If the fact that you cannot argue that laws of mathematics is a fact, then why do mathematicians and physicists and engineers constantly CONSTANTLY argue these things?

Further, the modern understanding of basic (Newtonian) mechanics that govern things like dropping guns out of planes after they take off from treadmills has been pretty well understood for only about 300 years (he was born in 1643). The universe has been around for somewhere between 2200 and infinity years depending on your religious beliefs, so we haven't really had the time to "iron everything out" yet.

Anyways, you don't think this guy really did this stuff, or you think that he exaggerated his results. Please leave it at that, and qualify your opinions in a reasonable way, but don't just say "I'm right because of science".

Stop being a troll.

Mike Purdue -

Great post.

I enjoy reading the thread and I just sort of assume the poster knows enough not to fire a weapon with a muzzle pluged with mud. He seems to have an approach to this and I've enjoyed reading it. This guy looks like he knows what he is doing.

I've got a physics question or two that I should know the answer to but I just can't remember. Maybe you can help.

Take the drop from the airplane example in the thread. Interesting but here are my questions (and, while you answer them, maybe the original poster can come up with some other test)

1. If pistol is dropped from airplane at 500' or 5000', won't it hit ground at same speed? (won't the pistol reach terminal velocity?) Also, how about a quick explination of what terminal velocity is. Don't objects of the same weight hit the ground at the same speed once they reach terminal velocity?

1A. How long or from what height would it be before a G21 reached terminal velocity?

1B. If so, what is the terminal velocity of a G21 when it hits the ground in MPH or FPS.

1C. If dropped from 500' - how long will it take for pistol to hit the ground?

2. What effect does the speed of the plane have on the velocity of the pistol hitting the ground? Does the forward air speed have any effect on how "hard" the pistol hits the ground?

3. I seem to remember that there was a "streamer/marker" attached to the pistol. What effect does this have on slowing the pistol? I seem to remember as a kid shooting Estes rockets that we either used a streamer or a parachute. Any effect having the streamer?

4. Since you're an ME (I'm not) - why do you think some of the parts of the glock (let's say they are all finished the same) are rusting faster than others? I think I know why the spring rusts but why do spots on the pistol rust faster than others?

Hope you can answer some of these. Thanks.

JoshuaC
02-21-2009, 14:13
Good lord man that pistol has been put through it's paces and it's still comes back for more.

techno97
03-01-2009, 15:57
This is the dumbest kind of thinking. I swear, some people dislike glocks, simply because they are not a 1911. Ill be honest, i think a 1911 is antiquated! But it remains because somwhere, there is a guy sitting in a room reading a book about the 1911 and openly weaping thinking about pappy and his colt 45. This is such crap!!! Honestly, im a young shooter at 23 so i dont understand it, but give me a freakin brake....the future is now!

I CONCUR WITH TRICK PONY! Though I started shooting approximately half-a-year ago, I've already placed in almost all shoots/competitions I participate in with my Glock 21SF. In fact, I shoot better with the same than my Glock 35 due to various reasons related primarily with gripping. Though I still have to actually win a match and emerge as its champion, contrary to being told that I am at a disadvantage against the 1911s at standard level - the fact that I usually rank amongst the top five and given the fact that I'm but a more-or-less 6 month proves otherwise.

vigalass
04-29-2009, 19:32
amazing. i feel even safer than before. wish i didn't live in the city limits.

NH Trucker
05-06-2009, 21:48
I've been having some issues with my 21sf releasing a full mag with the slide closed, which I hear is a common annoyance. I'm still happy with my purchase and after seeing this, I'll never get rid of it! This was amazing. I can't wait to show my girlfriend this post to show her exactly why I choose to carry Glock! However, does anyone know how to fix the mag release problem?

bigbore
05-11-2009, 12:05
why do you think some of the parts of the glock (let's say they are all finished the same) are rusting faster than others? I think I know why the spring rusts but why do spots on the pistol rust faster than others?

The spots on the slide/barrel that are rusting are the areas that were damaged deep enough to remove the tennifer. The rust inside of the barrel is not rust on the barrel/bore itself - but rust on the build up/fouling.

MADnMO
05-13-2009, 11:39
I guess I made a good choice in picking my G21.

Brockmant
06-09-2009, 20:38
I am new to Glocks and this is 100% absolutely, unbelievably, AWESOME! Wow.

S. Kelly
06-11-2009, 14:50
I've always had fights with friends about Glocks, so I sent them this link. The G21 is an awesome weapon, I just wish my Dept would go with it in the G21 SF/G30SF combo.

sourdough44
06-26-2009, 12:05
That is pretty crazy, and interesting.

Wetterman
07-06-2009, 11:24
Bigbore any pics of it after the evapo-rust treatment? The youtube videos seem to have been removed.

Jordan81
10-26-2009, 09:17
About the only thing left to do is field strip it and have Rosie O eat it. I'm not sure if you want to break protocol and clean it before firing it afterwards.

proraptor
11-11-2009, 16:47
The G21 is my favorite out of any glock Ive owned. Love reading these torture tests

Apocalypse_Now
11-11-2009, 22:25
I CONCUR WITH TRICK PONY! Though I started shooting approximately half-a-year ago, I've already placed in almost all shoots/competitions I participate in with my Glock 21SF. In fact, I shoot better with the same than my Glock 35 due to various reasons related primarily with gripping. Though I still have to actually win a match and emerge as its champion, contrary to being told that I am at a disadvantage against the 1911s at standard level - the fact that I usually rank amongst the top five and given the fact that I'm but a more-or-less 6 month proves otherwise.

Look here, pup.. I own both Glocks and 1911s. I like both of them. Both are excellent weapons for any real world use.. I prefer the Glock for survival use but I doubt you would want to go toe to toe with a 1911 in an expert's hands :whistling:

Brucev
12-05-2009, 11:48
I have just now finished reading all 13 pages of comments on this thread. I am amazed at the Glock design. Regardless of caliber it seems to be the gun to which all others are compared. I have used 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 ACP Glocks. Without exception all ran perfectly. I have never had a single failure with a Glock pistol. My current Glock is a G-22 which from the first round fired has run flawlessly. With 180 gr. ammo POI has always been POA. It is a superlative pistol. If limited to only one handgun, it would be a Glock. I very much appreciate these series to test. I very much appreciate the video provided. My hat is off to Bigbore of Adco Firearms who conducted the time consuming and expensive testing that made this thread possible. Sincerely. Bruce.

MrOldLude
01-19-2010, 21:56
Pretty macho, though I really can't stomach abusing mine. My brain tells me, "Hey, that's not a fantastic idea. You spent good money on it. be nice."

Rick50
01-19-2010, 23:48
wow, they have always claimed to be durable, like a timex take a licken and keep on ticken.
Some of those photos almost made me cry

thanks
R

Rick50
01-25-2010, 23:56
glock should send you a new one for all your consumer testing.
thanks for using yours

Wetterman
01-31-2010, 14:58
BIGBORE mind answering these questions I've asked earlier on this thread?

bigbore

Bigbore any pics of it after the evapo-rust treatment? The youtube videos seem to have been removed.

CELT
01-31-2010, 23:51
Great thread.

I have a HK45 but really don't take it out too much due to the cost of ammo and the fact that it's a $900-$1000 gun and don't want to get it nicked in any way shape or form.

I'm looking at a G21SF and the FN FNP hard as a primary .45ACP pistol. I already have a G19 so the G21SF is in the lead, plus it's less expensive.

Staberinde
05-31-2010, 00:22
This thread among the others convinced me to go for Glock. Now few thousand rounds trough it it never let me down.

elLOCOmutha
06-03-2010, 04:44
Yea all these tests are well and good but the real question is....

Will Dry firing hurt it?!?!:crying:

Amazing torture tests, can't wait to get my new G30SF and start pampering it.:cool: Thanks to people like you I will never have to do these grueling tests.
Thanks!

W4CNG
07-11-2010, 21:07
I have one of the first series of Glock G21's into the US with an XL serial number. The only issue I had with it was chipping extractors in 1992 (FTE). Got that fixed and have only cleaned it 5 times since then with more than 20,000 rounds thru it mostly lead reloads (yes it will shoot hard lead 200Gr SWC's at 190PF) with no issues and no warranty issues. I am now abusing my G-35 with an after market fully supported chamber barrel at 170PF with 200Gr bullits in USPSA competetion. The reason for the G35 is 19+1 in the gun, the G21 is 15+1. More is better in competetion. I only clean a gun and then take it to the range to shoot it. How do you know your really clean gun will go BANG when you need it after cleaning it and not test firing it???

04LS1GTO
07-13-2010, 21:24
Curious if there are any recent photos of this gun. This was one of the first tests that inspired me to get a Glock. I would love to see pictures of this thing today.

Dewberry
09-01-2010, 17:34
any recent photos or info?

bigbore
09-01-2010, 19:21
any recent photos or info?

nothing new, I've been out of ideas for a while.....

DogRomeo
09-02-2010, 03:43
I wish I could rate this thread so I could give it a 5 star. Some of the stuff you did made me laugh & shake my head. On a personal note, 1 of my brothers is all about how Glocks aren't all that & he wants a USP, fine, they're great guns & 1 day I actually want 1 myself. I sent him an email saying to take a look at page 1, about half way down when you did the comparison though. lol

04LS1GTO
09-06-2010, 19:36
I know you haven't done any new tests Big Bore, but could you maybe post a few pictures of the gun as it is today? I have always been intrigued by this.

Dewberry
09-12-2010, 20:11
do you still use the gun?

BOOSTED12A
11-19-2010, 00:56
nothing new, I've been out of ideas for a while.....
let it soak in a river for a few months during the summer, get some barnicles get growing on it.....

bophi
12-01-2010, 18:38
glock's are tuffer than rocks. this is proof:wavey:

dgbee456
12-22-2010, 19:24
I just bought a 21SF With TrijiconS! this gives me hope that larry vickers was wrong about the Glock21SF

Timbonez
01-08-2011, 23:43
I just bought a 21SF With TrijiconS! this gives me hope that larry vickers was wrong about the Glock21SF

What did he say about the 21SF?

Clint-M
01-09-2011, 07:17
My understanding is that this is touchy information so take what you will from it and hopefully I won't get in forum trouble for posting it for you. :faint:

"Sand Test

Just had a chance to do a harsh sand test on few different handguns. This test was not scientific but was very enlightening.

Pistols tested were; HK USP Tactical
Customized 1911
rack grade GI 1911
Glock 21

Test consisted of placing each pistol loaded in a Bianchi GI field holster inside a plastic bag with approx 2 cups of fine/medium grit sand ( North Carolina type). Then the bag was shaken vigorously for 10 seconds while holding onto the pistol butt for safety. The pistol was then taken out and 3 mags were fired through the 1911 and 2 fully loaded mags were fired through the HK and Glock - roughly the same amount of ammo. The sand coverage was very good and uniformly covered the pistols. The pistols were loaded in the mode you would expect in a field environment - condition 3 for the 1911, loaded for the Glock and loaded in DA mode for the USP.A test was done dry and lubed with TW 25B. This test represented EXTREME sand conditions - not normal field use, even in sandy conditions.A brief rundown of the results follow;

1)Carrying your gun dry in this environment is a NO GO despite what some will say. All pistols performed worse dry than lubed.

2)All pistols required some manipulation in order to fire - none would function normally straight out of the holster.

3)Overall the HK USP performed the best - the performance of it dry was roughly the same as the customized 1911 but was definately the best lubed. Overall it performed well.

4)The custom 1911 was second - interestingly enough the trigger track was not a real problem - the sand that went in through the ejection port to the bottom lugs area caused the most problems. Once the sand shifted in this area the pistol functioned better.

5)The rack grade GI 1911 was a distant third - the custom 1911 had an 18 pound recoil spring and that helped with feeding greatly vs the rack grade gun. Swap out the recoil spring and it probably would have done better.

6)The shocker of the day - the Glock 21 FAILED terribly. The big problem was failure of the trigger to reset. Also at times the pistol would not fire due to sand in the trigger mechanism. The dry test could not even be completed with the Glock due to this.This surprised all of us as we expected the Glock to do quite well.

Moral of the story; The 1911, even in its customized mode, can get the job done if you set it up to succeed. Lube it right, carry it in the right holster and in the proper mode, and it won't let you down - just like it hasn't for nearly a 100 years.

The HK USP series are good guns - well designed and well made - for service pistols. The ergonomics hurt the pistol dramatically but for an out of the box service pistol/field gun, they get my endorsement.

The Glock 21 is a dog - always has been. It has the rep of being the worst gun Glock makes. I have a Glock 17 and 19 and like them for what they are - but don't get sucked into the Glock hype - they are not magical guns. Remember what your dad said when you were in 3rd grade; don't believe everything you read.

Hope you guys got something out of this - I did." Larry Vickers

Timbonez
01-09-2011, 09:16
Thanks for the info, Clint. It seems he never liked the 21 to begin with. Anyway that's not the point of this thread. Bigbore brutalized his G21sf and it kept running, and that's great.

Wetterman
01-11-2011, 13:04
The Glock 21 is a dog - always has been. It has the rep of being the worst gun Glock makes.
Reputation? Does reputation mean Larry's opinion. I've never heard of that kind of reputation.. stupid as I am..

Is it a big surprise that HK performed the best?

"Larry Vickers has worked with several companies, including Heckler and Koch"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Vickers

bamarammin87
01-20-2011, 19:56
Awesome.

governor410
07-04-2011, 21:01
Awesome tests done... only reassures me of my G19 and the next purchase of a G21

Wvladimire
07-05-2011, 07:34
Glock's are fugly weapons that go bang when the trigger is pulled. A fact that cannot be argued. However there are also some other facts: there have been more AD's accidental discharges with Glock then there ever has been with a 1911. Even the Austrian military for whom the pistol was designed for does not carry a Glock, they use a Sig. The new Homeland security firearm tests which Sig and S&W were a part of, found malfunctions of the Glock pistol in their testing. And a man who fired his Glock 17 underwater in his swimming pool has gone deaf in one ear and lost sight in one eye because of the gun blowing up form water obstructing the bore. Don't believe me, then do a Google search.

Also any Glock that is subjected to a constant firing of 500 rounds or more in a short period of time, will have to have the trigger mechanism, trigger reset spring, and disconnector replaced as these and other parts will melt and warp due to the extreme heat inside the pistol while firing.

JBnTX
07-05-2011, 17:32

Also any Glock that is subjected to a constant firing of 500 rounds or more in a short period of time, will have to have the trigger mechanism, trigger reset spring, and disconnector replaced as these and other parts will melt and warp due to the extreme heat inside the pistol while firing.

That statement is simply NOT true!

I've fired my Glock 17 more than 500 rounds in a short period of time and
nothing melted.

What do you have against Glocks?

I've checked your previous posts and most are in this thread and most
spout stupid nonsense about Glock pistols that's just not true.

La26
07-05-2011, 17:42
YEA ! ! ! WHAT HE SAID ^^^ :agree::agree:

Wvladimire
07-05-2011, 19:48
That's funny, watch the you tube videos of the 1,000 round torture testing and you will see that the guide rod melts and flies out of the pistol at or around 500 rounds. After 1,000 rounds are fired, even the person testing the firearm says that some internal parts will need to be replaced because of the mushy, gritty, and sticking feeling when pulling the trigger. But what do I know I'm only a nobody on here with common sense, and not a fairy tale believer that the Glock is the end all be all of firearms design.

Yes, it is a simple design. But it has FAILED under extreme circumstances for testing by S.O.C.O.M., S.E.A.L.S., and other special forces units for the military. For example S.E.A.L. Team #6 has just adopted the HK 45C as their sidearm. The Marines for some of their special ops use a 1911, frame made by Caspian, and the F.B.I. H.R.T. uses the Springfield Professional 1911. I don't know of any elite unit in either the military or law enforcement that uses a Glock. Although the Ohio DR&C has just upgraded their sidearms from S&W 38's to either the Glock 20 or 22 in 40 S&W but the DR&C are about 15 years behind the times equipment wise.

What I have against Glock's is this. They are a simple design for a firearm that is ugly, but in normal situations is reliable. They are not however, in my eyes perfection. I will take metal, forged, or machined internal parts over polymer, glass filled nylon, or plastic for to hell and back reliability in adverse conditions. Face facts, poly, nylon, and plastic will melt before a metal part will.

The only internal parts I like about the Glock are the firing pin, made of tool steel and cast, you can see the cast marks. However the firing pin spring is made out of a lower grade of metal compared to other brands. The disconnector is also tool steel, but stamped, and inserts into a polymer holder.
The flat wound recoil spring is cheap and other companies who have tried using it, have found too many failures with it. The trigger return spring is also of lower quality when compared to some other brands. The barrel is hammer forged, with poly rifling, which is a good thing. But Glock was not the first to adopt this nor to use plastics. H&K were the first to do so during WWII. And when you compare the bore of an H&K USP, P2000 to that of a Glock, both are hammer forged, and both have poly rifling, but the H&K bore looks smoother. And you can shoot lead bullets out of theirs while you cannot with Glock.

And rapid fire sessions with a Glock of 500 rounds or more within a short time period have melted the firing pin channel liner which had to be replaced. Melted and deformed the NY trigger assembly which had to be replaced. Along with melting the guide rod, and trigger spring, spring cups, trigger mechanism housing with ejector, and spacer sleeve, which all had to be replaced. But to each their own, it is personal preference. What feels good to you and shoots well for you, may not do the same for another. But in my professional opinion, Glock's are nothing more than a Hi-Point on steroids.

JBnTX
07-05-2011, 20:19

Yes, it is a simple design. But it has FAILED under extreme circumstances for testing by S.O.C.O.M., S.E.A.L.S., and other special forces units for the military. For example S.E.A.L. Team #6 has just adopted the HK 45C as their sidearm. The Marines for some of their special ops use a 1911, frame made by Caspian, and the F.B.I. H.R.T. uses the Springfield Professional 1911....

...And there it is!

A Spec Ops Special Forces Operator that has inside information that the
rest of us don't have.

Can you "source" some of these failures?
Especially the melting after 500 rounds part?

9mm +p+
07-05-2011, 21:24
Ummm genius, there is NO SEAL team 6...

DogRomeo
07-05-2011, 22:56
Guess I'm the only 1 here who is laughing when people are comparing the parts of a $4-500 gun with ones TWICEthat. Oh, I also laughed at the comment about the Austrians not carrying glocks. Perhaps Wvladimire doesn't realize that our gov't & military are equipped with guns by pretty much everybody out there that makes something that suits their needs from Glock to FNH. Don't bother trying to convince Wvladimire gentlemen, haters gon' hate & trolls gon' troll.
Is Glock the best gun ever made? Nope. Is the OP's Glock an exceptional firearm that I admire? Yup.

Wvladimire
07-06-2011, 11:10
Source, youtube video of Glock 1,000 round torture test, search it or are you too lazy?
No S.E.A.L. team six, the news said they were the ones who took out Bin Laden. Also article in Blue Press magazine June edition and public record search.
Failures for Glock from Homeland Security testing, public document # B-402339.3

But it doesn't matter what I source to the failures of this pistol, because you will believe what you want to believe and not believe the shortcomings of this pistol.

DogRomeo
07-07-2011, 10:15
However there are also some other facts: there have been more AD's accidental discharges with Glock then there ever has been with a 1911.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYvAxLX6OzE&feature=player_embedded

Wvladimire
07-07-2011, 10:26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YqcvuRRggM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDfNV9bJoSg

And your point? I can dig up two to three AD for Glock for every one on a 1911.

SCSU74
07-07-2011, 19:27
But it has FAILED under extreme circumstances for testing by S.O.C.O.M., S.E.A.L.S.,

False. Glock had never failed military testing. The youtube video does not follow military testing guidelines. The video shows an idiot firing 1,000 rds non-stop w/ people handing him loaded mags. In military testing you shoot 200 rds., break the gun down clean it, lube it and continue on.

For example S.E.A.L. Team #6 has just adopted the HK 45C as their sidearm.

False again. They carry Sig P226R's. Good try though.

And you can shoot lead bullets out of theirs while you cannot with Glock.

Because the barrels are rifled differently...

And rapid fire sessions with a Glock of 500 rounds or more within a short time period have melted the firing pin channel liner which had to be replaced.

Yet another false statement. Glock responded to this video by adding a chemical to all non-metal parts so that this video can never be duplicated. all new guide rods are stamped with an "I"

Maybe if you make your post longer next time there will actually be some truth to what you are saying. But until then....

JBnTX
07-07-2011, 21:01
Wvladimire, my friend!

Are you by chance a former poster using the name of kygunsmith or something
like that?

Your "approach" at finding fault with any certain firearm sounds strangely
familiar from other websites?

If I'm right, You've taken potshots at HK pistols recently and was banned
for it?

Who are you?

SCSU74
07-07-2011, 22:38
Probably just a troll that enjoys starting arguments and posting information he read elsewhere on the internet

DogRomeo
07-08-2011, 00:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YqcvuRRggM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDfNV9bJoSg

And your point? I can dig up two to three AD for Glock for every one on a 1911.

My point? You didn't say ***** about my entire 1st post, then when I threw that link up after you used that as an escape to not address a thing I pointed out. I did so with respect the 1st time, even though you didn't deserve it.
Oh, by the way, I certainly did NOT "dig it up". It was right on my facebook homepage! I laughed then c&p it since it was obviously appropriate. If you can't make your point, take constructive criticism, accept when others have a point while still holding onto yours, then this site isn't for you. Troll elsewhere.

DogRomeo
07-08-2011, 01:35
https://www.facebook.com/TGSCOM

Wvladimire
07-15-2011, 08:31
I was in error, the Israeli Commando's carry a glock pistol, but not the 21.

KevinFACE
07-16-2011, 19:30
For the average day to day person, a Glock or any other gun is going to suit them just fine. I don't know too many of us in civilization that are gonna get caught in extreme sand conditions and need to fire 200 rounds or more.

Exceptions are the military and police (but besides extreme situations, how man police have had to fire 200 rounds)

Wvladimire
07-16-2011, 19:59
No I have not been banned from the H&K forum.
Nor have I taken potshots at the H&K pistol.
H&K make the finest handguns on the planet.
Sig follows second.

As far as the S.E.A.Ls, you are wrong, just announced
To the public in Tactical Life, is the whole
story about them adopting the H&K 45C with
threaded barrel.

The you tube video was the 1,000 round torture
Test, which showed the guide rod melt & fly out
the front of the gun. And it shows how the
Trigger gets mushy and gritty after firing
more than 200 rounds rapidly.

The public document I listed sows the recent
tests from Homeland security, that sowed
the failures of all pistols tested. Flock, was one
of those pistols with failures.

But as I said, I can list all sorts of sources
to the shortcomings of Glock and other pistols.
But the fanatics will only believe what they
want to believe, despite the facts.
Glock is simple design, built on the cheap, and
marketed very well. Metal, machined parts are
more durable than plastic or polymer.

RedRyder21
07-17-2011, 04:23
This thread is not about S.E.A.L.S. of HK's or any of that non-sense. Its about one man trying to see how much abuse his Glock can take.

Its pretty sad someone's life is so pathetic they have to come to a Glock forum and tell a bunch of Glock fans how much Glock sucks!

Lets try and not get this thread locked!

ArizonaPhil
07-17-2011, 07:50
I don't know of any elite unit in either the military or law enforcement that uses a Glock. Although the Ohio DR&C has just upgraded their sidearms from S&W 38's to either the Glock 20 or 22 in 40 S&W but the DR&C are about 15 years behind the times equipment wise.

Delta is using the Glock 22 with 165 gr. ammo.

Triple Canopy, a private security company founded by former Delta guys use the Glock 19.

The majority of law enforcement organizations use Glocks.

IT0
07-17-2011, 09:07
bigbore (http://glocktalk.com/forums/member.php?u=5203),

Thanks for the post and pictures, it was a very enjoyable read. I have to say those details and pictures say more than anything else I have read here today.

If you come up with more, please share.

Wvladimire
07-19-2011, 08:34
No, it's pretty pathetic that fanatics have no common sense. Cannot look at this test cynically and see that some parts are clearly nonsense and unbelievable. I sourced public documents and videos that can bee seen by anyone, and even one of the public documents is not mainly about glock, but lists the failures of glock pistols during testing against S&W and Sig. Yet the fanatics cannot be reasoned with and won't believe the evidence right before their eyes.

Glock is not the be all end all of pistol designs. It has it's shortcomings and weaknesses just like others. It has a major marketing campaign that says they are the best, when they are not. The main selling feature of the Glock to police departments was, that it was cheaper than the Sig and better, because it did not have the weakness of the mainspring or hammer spring being covered by a screwed on polymer grip. If that grip chipped or cracked, departments were told, even though the pistol could be fired, albeit a little difficult to not pinch your hand when doing so. It was marketed that the Glock with it's solid polymer grip frame was better. After years of use in my state, the departments are switching back to Sigs and Smith & Wesson, because of too many so called, "user error misfires."

The facts are there, ignore them if you wish, but there are better pistols out there. I was a huge Glock fan at one time, but when I actually detailed stripped the pistol, and saw how cheaply it was made on the inside, my rose colored glasses were lifted. I have named the cheaply made parts earlier that melt. How do I know this, from experience. Why do I question the test, and take some things about it with a grain of salt, because I was not there, and know that all surveys and tests are curved to support the facts. The biggest red flag for me, was the drop test from the airplane. The pistol was buried up to the grip in mud. And the tester simply pulled the gun out, made sure the chamber was clear, and fired it. Now gravity is gravity, and mud is mud, it was not dry dirt, and you want me to believe that the bore was not filled with debris??? No way, I don't believe it, and will not believe it, because that goes completely against reality and real life experience. Those who do not question that, are just plain zombies. Continue to drink your government Kool-Aid, be good little zombies, and do not question authority.

***Or better yet, try the test yourself, from a step ladder, and drop your unloaded pistol in the mud. Do it 10 times, a 100 times, a 1,000 times or less, and tell me that you got no debris in the bore with any of the drops.*** Simple as that, do the test before you attack, demean, and ridicule me. If not, then you show that you do not think on your own, and are a good little zombie.

BOOSTED12A
07-21-2011, 09:26
that dose it. mythbusters needs to step in right now!

whiskerz
08-09-2011, 06:34
Source, youtube video of Glock 1,000 round torture test, search it or are you too lazy?
No S.E.A.L. team six, the news said they were the ones who took out Bin Laden. Also article in Blue Press magazine June edition and public record search.
Failures for Glock from Homeland Security testing, public document # B-402339.3

But it doesn't matter what I source to the failures of this pistol, because you will believe what you want to believe and not believe the shortcomings of this pistol.

Please provide a link to this document an internet search finds the only place it exsist is in this thread. I searched and could not locate this on the Homeland security website as well. I realize it may be secret squirrel secret but I have a acorn clearance

which issue of Blue press ?

I could not find the troll icon to post for you but let me call you one now.

also in another post you mentioned a Glock 20 in .40s&w . a 20 is 10mm

MaximG23
08-26-2011, 12:10
No, it's pretty pathetic that fanatics have no common sense. Cannot look at this test cynically and see that some parts are clearly nonsense and unbelievable. I sourced public documents and videos that can bee seen by anyone, and even one of the public documents is not mainly about glock, but lists the failures of glock pistols during testing against S&W and Sig. Yet the fanatics cannot be reasoned with and won't believe the evidence right before their eyes.

Glock is not the be all end all of pistol designs. It has it's shortcomings and weaknesses just like others. It has a major marketing campaign that says they are the best, when they are not. The main selling feature of the Glock to police departments was, that it was cheaper than the Sig and better, because it did not have the weakness of the mainspring or hammer spring being covered by a screwed on polymer grip. If that grip chipped or cracked, departments were told, even though the pistol could be fired, albeit a little difficult to not pinch your hand when doing so. It was marketed that the Glock with it's solid polymer grip frame was better. After years of use in my state, the departments are switching back to Sigs and Smith & Wesson, because of too many so called, "user error misfires."

The facts are there, ignore them if you wish, but there are better pistols out there. I was a huge Glock fan at one time, but when I actually detailed stripped the pistol, and saw how cheaply it was made on the inside, my rose colored glasses were lifted. I have named the cheaply made parts earlier that melt. How do I know this, from experience. Why do I question the test, and take some things about it with a grain of salt, because I was not there, and know that all surveys and tests are curved to support the facts. The biggest red flag for me, was the drop test from the airplane. The pistol was buried up to the grip in mud. And the tester simply pulled the gun out, made sure the chamber was clear, and fired it. Now gravity is gravity, and mud is mud, it was not dry dirt, and you want me to believe that the bore was not filled with debris??? No way, I don't believe it, and will not believe it, because that goes completely against reality and real life experience. Those who do not question that, are just plain zombies. Continue to drink your government Kool-Aid, be good little zombies, and do not question authority.

***Or better yet, try the test yourself, from a step ladder, and drop your unloaded pistol in the mud. Do it 10 times, a 100 times, a 1,000 times or less, and tell me that you got no debris in the bore with any of the drops.*** Simple as that, do the test before you attack, demean, and ridicule me. If not, then you show that you do not think on your own, and are a good little zombie.

What I find pathetic is you, on the other hand after all of this, I still went ahead and bought me a G23.

bigbore
10-02-2011, 17:16
I haven't posted any updates in a long time, because I don't have much to say. I still shoot this 21 on a regular basis, and it just keep going. I ended up throwing away a couple warn out magazines, but the 21 is still performing like day one; had a good day at the range with it today.
http://www.adcofirearms.com/random/212011.jpg

DonM
11-23-2011, 17:25
So what's the point? Been done many times before.

ruthlessFF
11-23-2011, 20:19
thanks for all the updates BigBore. It really is amazing all the things it went through. I hope you continue to post about this from time to time. At the very least it's a good link I can send when someone tells me how much superior a different manufacturer is. :cool:

Varn
01-23-2012, 05:11
This confirms that i have made a good decision in getting a glock as my first gun!

kevin 45
06-10-2012, 10:49
Seems to be almost as reliable as an anvil. Good work bigbore !

Rancho_Nirvana
06-27-2012, 02:44
I luv my G21, I luv my G21, I luv my G21, I luv my G21, I luv my G21, I luv my G21...

Thx Big Bore, use your thread as a reference tool frequently, ended a lot of what otherwise would have been long winded nonsense... lol ;-)

Facts are stubborn things indeed!

CR500
07-11-2012, 23:20
I also have a G21. never ONCE had a problem! awesome thread.

JBelew
08-25-2013, 18:08
Any news? I loved the 21sf I carried on duty. This 21 got to be used exactly what it was made for and then some. Awesome

MSW
12-25-2013, 12:37
[QUOTE=Wvladimire;17586731]Even the Austrian military for whom the pistol was designed for does not carry a Glock, they use a Sig.

WHOA! - that's not true. I just got back Austria (2 weeks ago) and the Austrian Military all were carrying the military version of the large frame 9mm's. I talked to the soldiers and they seemed happy with them.

"a man who fired his Glock 17 underwater in his swimming pool has gone deaf in one ear and lost sight in one eye because of the gun blowing up form water obstructing the bore."

WHOA! - I'm sure someone has used a Glock to blow his brains out and kill someone but this is reason (like firing a Glock underwater) to not carry one?

WHOA! - not sure what you mean by "constant" firing of 500 rounds or more - but I took my son's Boy Scout troop out (with about 20 extra mags that were loaned by other folks on my department) and these young men fired my Glock 22 about 1500 rounds+ One Glock, 10 boys (2 mags each- shoot your two mags, go the back of the line, reload, and shoot them when you're turn came up). I had two NRA range instructors with me to supervise the shooting part, I supervised the reloading.

We had multiple target stations so we only changed targets 1/2 through.

I'm also afraid to admit that about 1/2 of the rounds were lead reloads (oh, no! - loaded on a Dillion) and we had no issues or problems. So we'd fired about 750 rounds almost non stop with no issues. We then fired another 750 rounds with no issues.

After the session, I showed the guys how to clean the pistol.

So, while I have a couple of SIGS, a whole bunch of Colt .45 - I'm not buying that Glocks fall apart when someone shoots 500 rounds through one.

Fuzzyhead
12-29-2013, 21:30
I haven't posted any updates in a long time, because I don't have much to say. I still shoot this 21 on a regular basis, and it just keep going. I ended up throwing away a couple warn out magazines, but the 21 is still performing like day one; had a good day at the range with it today.
http://www.adcofirearms.com/random/212011.jpg

Very cool tests. Thanks for sharing with us. It was pretty fun reading all the stuff yout threw at the gun. I bet Gaston Glock had no idea how good his product was/would become.

Pretty cool.

r3dot
12-30-2013, 12:35
I can't believe I never saw this thread. Epic.

Angel King
01-30-2014, 02:18
I keep coming back to this thread about once every year and it always makes me feel good. As a matter of fact, I'm going to switch to the Glock 21 gen4 for work.

And what will it replace?

A Glock 22 gen4.:crazy::thumbsup:

IMPD2079
02-24-2014, 15:04
When my Department switched to Glocks they had a representative from Glock come to our Department. They showed video from the Glock factory. They disassembled 1,000 Glocks all of the same caliber and threw all the parts in a pile. Reassembled them and everyone fired. They put one in sand and salt water for a year and took it out and it fired. Dropped one from a helicopter and it fired. Great reliable gun. We were issued Glock22 and I carried a Glock 21 as my backup.

Desert Duck
03-23-2014, 06:57
Thanks big bore!

Saw this few years ago on line and it influenced my buying a G 21sf as first handgun.
I've since bought, sold and traded over 15 Glocks and kept three with 100% confidence and satisfaction that they'll go "bang" when needed and "click," when thy should.

Appreciate your efforts on this projects!

-CoolBreeze-
07-11-2014, 21:32
Excellent thread!

cubanchurchill
07-16-2014, 11:26
Cool test and thanks !!!!!!

Davers
07-29-2014, 10:22
AHHH, Feel,s good to be a G 21 Owner..

Thanks For the Thread.

I wonder if its still Running.-Seems Likely.

attrapereves
07-29-2014, 18:55
This is an oldie, but goodie.

GregP220
08-06-2014, 20:09
My G21 is a gen 2 but it is still my bedside gun.

May just have to get another for my birthday.

naughtymoose
08-06-2014, 20:14
Feels good to be a gangsta...

Neck Beard
08-18-2014, 05:17
Cool test!