Who is buying the Xbox 360? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Who is buying the Xbox 360?

mossy500camo
11-22-2005, 19:35
?

MNNICK21
11-22-2005, 20:37
I will, the second there is a killer game. So maybe in 6 months.

gh0st614
11-23-2005, 06:33
Perfect Dark ?!

Ghost Recon is only 3 months away and there are gonna be plenty of other good titles first quarter of next year.

Jtemple
11-23-2005, 08:43
I can't afford it. I'll get one when the price comes down.

kswiss2783
11-23-2005, 15:54
preordered mine from gamestop and will be getting it around mid december they said

jason10mm
11-24-2005, 18:27
I got a core system from walmart after waiting 2 hours. My broter in law scored a core AND a premium system just by driving around at night and waiting at the right ToysRus. So it wasn't impossible to get for the dedicated folks. It will be interesting to see how more get delivered and if it is a waiting game each time. I just wish M$ had made more accessories, those wireless controllers and hard drives are impossible to get.

git_r_dun0405
11-25-2005, 16:10
Originally posted by Jtemple
I can't afford it. I'll get one when the price comes down.

I know thats right! Wooooooo!!!!!!;P What happen to the $299 - $399 price tags? No store has them in stock. Ebay lowest price that I have seen was $585. DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;P

gh0st614
11-26-2005, 07:19
my friend sold his bundle for $1200 on ebay

Nicky D
11-26-2005, 09:54
Originally posted by kswiss2783
preordered mine from gamestop and will be getting it around mid december they said

Same here, just waiting & waiting & waiting.......

Keoking
11-26-2005, 10:19
On opening night, my buddy drove between 2 Targets, 2 Walmarts, a Sears, a Best Buy, and a Toys-R-Us, and was always 2-3 back in line from the number of Xboxes that the store had. Needless to say he didn't get one. Every place he want also had 4 times as many core systems as deluxe. He things it is a Microsoft scam to force people into getting the core systems, so that they have to spend >$150 adding everything they need to jack it up to the deluxe. The funny thing is that he pre-ordered an extra wirelass handle and some other bits and pieces, and those are ready for him to pick up.

aglocker1911
11-26-2005, 19:35
Although I would like to have a 360, my Xbox works just fine and there are a lot of really good playing, great looking games that just came out, and are still coming out for it. I would NEVER even consider paying more than retail just to get one now, let alone some of the price people are reportedly paying. There's even been a few reports already of people having problems with their new system locking up or crashing. There's even a guy advertising one in the want ads section of this forum wanting to trade for a high end 1911 or AR15. If anybody wants one bad enough to trade $1000 or better worth of guns to get a $400-500 game system, I'll tell you flat out - You are nuts! In another month, two at the most, you'll find them sitting on the shelves, and the stores will want to sell them so bad they won't even try to jack you for a bundle anymore. It happened a couple of years back with the original Xbox, it'll happen that way now.

gh0st614
11-27-2005, 01:27
Well most stores wont be finishing fulfilling their preorders til Febuary so maybe they will be sitting on shelves by March. Who knows...but if you guys do want one or need to get one for the kids for christmas Best Buy is the only retailer that is gonna be getting systems dead dropped every week until Christmas. Local best buy told me anywhere from 2-50 systems.

All the Best Buys in my area had 40 premium systems and 12 cores, Walmart had more cores than premiums because Sams Club got all their premiums :p

pitbull1
11-29-2005, 04:06
Originally posted by MNNICK21
I will, the second there is a killer game. So maybe in 6 months.

dude, you have to get perfect dark zero... that game right there will please you for awhile trust me i have been only playing that game for like 8 days streight

gh0st614
11-30-2005, 02:43
been playing alot of need for speed most wanted too, so much fun.

RyanSBHF
12-21-2005, 18:52
I'll probably get one when the price drops.

JMF30
12-21-2005, 23:38
Well I wasn't going to get a 360 until I first purchased an HDTV, but my xbox1's dvd drive died last month (perhaps a planned hardware failure triggered by the release to manufacturing (RTM) of the xbox360 ;) )... so I'll probably buy a 360 in the first half of 2006.

Noir
12-22-2005, 08:51
Called Wal-Mart the night of the release(I live in the sticks...WM only store in a reasonable drive that would carry the 360), they said they had 40 units (30 Premium, 10 Core)which they would sell at midnight. I asked if they were people in line, they said yes. I hopped in my car 2 hours before midnight. Waited to find out I was 32nd in line so i bought a core system and two games.

Christmas presents likely will be a hard drive or wireless controller. The wired controller works fine but the wireless would be handy. The 360 has a power on/off button on the controller which is very handy.

Although there have been reports of some problems, it appears if you have a disk in the 360 and move it, the disk will get damaged. The other big problem is not reading or following the set up directions. This unit and its power block can generate some heat. Not following the recommendations for moving or set up can be attributed for a number of the problems.

Most of the release games are decent to ok with a few stunners but the upcoming games scheduled in the next few months will be incredible. Those on Xbox Live have only good things to say.

epsylum
12-23-2005, 21:00
After going through 3 PS2s (all broke) and my brother and a lot of his friends going through 2-3 Xboxes (again broken) I have given up on consoles for now. I still have a Genesis and SNES that work fine, but PS2's and Xboxes seem to have issues not wanting to work for any longer than about 2 years. $400?? I'll buy another PC thank you. At least I can mod it without Microsoft taking me to court

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=28481

JMF30
12-24-2005, 00:43
Originally posted by epsylum
After going through 3 PS2s (all broke) and my brother and a lot of his friends going through 2-3 Xboxes (again broken) I have given up on consoles for now.

Our PS2 has lasted about 2yrs so far. Every so often it won't recognize ps2 dvd's - but that's usually when it's been left on for a couple of days. Turning it off for a while has always fixed the problem.

kswiss2783
12-24-2005, 10:20
After going through 3 PS2s (all broke) and my brother and a lot of his friends going through 2-3 Xboxes (again broken) I have given up on consoles for now. I still have a Genesis and SNES that work fine, but PS2's and Xboxes seem to have issues not wanting to work for any longer than about 2 years. $400?? I'll buy another PC thank you. At least I can mod it without Microsoft taking me to court

I've had my xbox and ps2 since they came out and neither has broken.

epsylum
12-25-2005, 23:49
Originally posted by kswiss2783
I've had my xbox and ps2 since they came out and neither has broken.

Your lucky.

The first run pf PS2s are infamous for their lens issues. The replacement I got did the same thing, and so did the last one. Starts just having a few issuesm then won't read anything at all, ever.

The Xboxs will just quit loading. Microsoft has switched the DVD drives 3-4 times because they keep breaking.

Trust me, they do break. It's well documented. There is even a class action suit against Sony for the PS2 for basically selling a POS system and how they all but flat out refuse to fix it (costs $100 just for them to touch it, plus parts, labor, and shipping. I know, I called). It's cheaper to buy a new system, which is what they want you to do.

RyanSBHF
12-26-2005, 14:21

+1 on the PC.

I've had 2 PSX's and 1 PS2 break on me. The first PSX lasted about 3 years, the 2nd one 1.5 years and the PS2 lasted a little under 2. The durability of Sony products is ridiculous. My Nintendo, which I recieved as a gift back in Christmas 1988, is still working! So is my 12 year old SNES, my 8 year old N64 and my 4.5 year old GameCube.

gunz
01-04-2006, 22:18
Well I have to eat crow!!! On the 29th I found a premium system at Game Crazy, so I picked it up. I also got Call of Duty 2 and Perfect Dark Zero.
I must say I love the system and am very happy with my purchase. I have not had any problems with my system.
I just hope that some good games come out soon. I would recommend this system to anyone, while the price is high I am a fairly serious gamer and feel like it was well worth the price.

G8TR FAN
01-06-2006, 03:38
My wife got me one for Christmass. I love it, I was also a fan of the first XBOX. in fact my GT name is als my XBOX Live gamertag. sofar I have Call of duty 2, need 4 speed most wanted and Gun.

kswiss2783
01-06-2006, 08:52
Originally posted by G8TR FAN
My wife got me one for Christmass. I love it, I was also a fan of the first XBOX. in fact my GT name is als my XBOX Live gamertag. sofar I have Call of duty 2, need 4 speed most wanted and Gun.

How is NFS:Most Wanted? I should be getting my 360 and want that game. Are there lots of customization options? I have NFS:Underground for xbox and loved it, so I'm hoping this one is better.

G8TR FAN
01-06-2006, 18:56
NFSMW is pretty nice, alot like NFS underground2 with MUCH better graphics and police cars that chase you. Last night I was playing and it took %mins and 34 secs to get away from them, They kept calling in backup. I had to hide in a parking garage to finially get away. If you like arcade racing games you will love this one.

G-39
01-06-2006, 20:13
Wait for the 2nd Generation X-Box360. The ones for sell now are known to CPU and/or GPU over-heating problems.
They have 90nm (AMD) CPU's, I read somewhere they had planed to have 65nm which would generate less heat.
The reports of locking-up or crashing is most likely from over-heating.
You can do a google search and find lots of posts in fourms about X-box360 problems.
I prefer PC's myself, easy to build and easy to upgrade!

JMag
01-06-2006, 20:52
Waiting to check the PS3 and Nintendo Revolution...

G8TR FAN
01-06-2006, 23:46
Yes the 360 locking up problem was from heating up but not bequase of bad design, it is from the owners etting them down on carpet and that was blocking the air vent and choking the cooling fans. it is in the owners manual not to do that. ONCE AGAIN USER ERROR.

GeoJelly
01-07-2006, 12:57
Finally received my 360 this past Thursday - paid (foolishly?) 550 + shipping through Ebay. I'm very, very impressed with the graphics on PGR3, and very happy with the 360 overall. Surprised at how loud the fans/etc are on it though - mine really does sound like a small vacuum cleaner. Not an attempt to "hijack" the thread - but what's so good about Perfect Dark Zero? Textures? AI? Maps? I have COD2 on order since its not in-store at any of the PX's here. PDZ is in-stock here & I might get it depending on any more positive comments. I'm pretty spoiled by PC game map quality since I started playing SWAT 4 - although the AI is sometimes laughable.

DreamWeaver88
01-07-2006, 23:43
Originally posted by G8TR FAN
NFSMW is pretty nice, alot like NFS underground2 with MUCH better graphics and police cars that chase you. Last night I was playing and it took %mins and 34 secs to get away from them, They kept calling in backup. I had to hide in a parking garage to finially get away. If you like arcade racing games you will love this one.

I got in a LONG chase the other night and could not get away. It lasted for 23 minutes and they finally got me when I rammed their road block, flipping the police car and my car ending up on top of the flipped car.....I couldn't move. :(

DW

DreamWeaver88
01-07-2006, 23:49
Originally posted by GeoJelly
Not an attempt to "hijack" the thread - but what's so good about Perfect Dark Zero? Textures? AI? Maps? I have COD2 on order since its not in-store at any of the PX's here. PDZ is in-stock here & I might get it depending on any more positive comments. I'm pretty spoiled by PC game map quality since I started playing SWAT 4 - although the AI is sometimes laughable.

If you decide to buy PDZ, buy it used at Gamestop or EB Games (Or any place with a return policy on used games). It won't be much cheaper than new, but you can try it for 7 days and return it if you don't like it.

I didn't care for the loose controls and the texture tearing...ended up returning mine and getting Kameo. Some people love the online modes in PDZ, though.

DW

Fear762
01-20-2006, 00:25
Originally posted by aglocker1911 There's even a guy advertising one in the want ads section of this forum wanting to trade for a high end 1911 or AR15.[/B]

`l

kswiss2783
01-26-2006, 18:47
Finally got mine on Tuesday from Gamestop. I must say I am very impressed. I have PDZ, COD2 and NFS:MW and all are great.

zaggie
03-18-2006, 08:35
I've had a PS2 from Day One. Never a problem.

Would love to buy an Xbox 360, but have never seen one on the shelf. Can you believe that this product was first released in November, and there is still no inventory in stores in the middle of March? Nice job, Bill!