Just got a 360, need help (general questions...) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Just got a 360, need help (general questions...)

I See Antis
11-22-2005, 23:32
Ok so my gf calls me earlier today, very, very, excited that she got me a 360 for Christmas. Now, I just bought a PSP a few weeks ago, so I'm thinking I dont need both of them. I m thinking about returning the PSP (got it from Wally World). But, then she told me someone offered her $1,000.00 cash at the store today ;P . I was shocked that she didnt accept, becuz I wud have ;Q. I hate the fact that MS charges for EVERYTHING! I can play online for free with my PSP. Plus, the games are $60 bucks, I can get some new PSP releases for $40. I degress... Where can I find a really good message board for the 360? MS's sucks!
Oh yeah, how much u guys think i can get for it if i put it on ebay, its the premium system.

gh0st614
11-23-2005, 05:32
I've been using xbox360forums.com

I got mine after waiting outside best buy for 20 hours. Some guy showed up in the morning and paid a guy $540 for his core voucher. Ive seen premium systems selling for 1k+ pretty constantly. My buddy got a bundle from sams club with 2 wireless controllers and the plug and play charger and sold it for $1500 and his auction wasnt even up for 12 hours yet.

MNNICK21
11-23-2005, 07:20
I have a friend who now has 6 Xbox 360 premiums. He had 7 but sold one for $1500 cash. He is going to wait a week then put ads in the paper and EBay. The demand is only going to grow as Christmas approaches and thousands of soccer moms prepare to shell out top dollar for this year must have item.

OXEN
11-23-2005, 11:59
Xbox 360 = Tickle me Elmo

DreamWeaver88
11-23-2005, 18:16
I'll give you $400 for it plus tax and shipping (if it's the Premium bundle). I didn't get one (sold out everywhere) because of all the bloodsucking eBay sellers.

There were 29,000 360's on eBay earlier today.

DW

Tvov
11-23-2005, 20:03
Gotta love the USA!

In two months they'll probably be discounted at the big stores.

(Well, okay, maybe a little longer, but you get my point!)

I See Antis
11-23-2005, 22:09
Originally posted by DreamWeaver88
I'll give you $400 for it plus tax and shipping (if it's the Premium bundle).
;z ;z ;z ;z ;z ;z
I didn't get one (sold out everywhere) because of all the bloodsucking eBay sellers.

There were 29,000 360's on eBay earlier today.

DW
yeah, I couldnt believe there were so many on ebay.

jason10mm
11-24-2005, 17:24
Holy cow, 29 THOUSAND on ebay? Makes me glad I have mine! Actually, the lack of any unique games (aside from Perfect Dark, IIRC) makes it tough to avoid sellng mine, but I think I'll hold out 'cause high def is soooooo nice looking :)

gh0st614
11-26-2005, 06:22
hey man, check out saints row. there are gonna be plenty of games on the 360 worthy...i personally cant wait for Turok. dont forget ghost recon is ftw.

Nicky D
11-26-2005, 08:52
Originally posted by I See Antis
Ok so my gf calls me earlier today, very, very, excited that she got me a 360 for Christmas. Now, I just bought a PSP a few weeks ago, so I'm thinking I dont need both of them. I m thinking about returning the PSP (got it from Wally World). But, then she told me someone offered her $1,000.00 cash at the store today ;P . I was shocked that she didnt accept, becuz I wud have ;Q. I hate the fact that MS charges for EVERYTHING! I can play online for free with my PSP. Plus, the games are $60 bucks, I can get some new PSP releases for $40. I degress... Where can I find a really good message board for the 360? MS's sucks!
Oh yeah, how much u guys think i can get for it if i put it on ebay, its the premium system.

I can't tell if you want the system or if you hate the system???? Which one is it??? As far as it goes with selling it, that is up to you. I'll offer 450 plus shipping;f I am waiting for my preordered one to come in any day now, I am looking forward to it.

Playing online is only $50 for the year with no limits. If and I mean if you have to pay anything extra beyond that fee, it is either for downloadable content or a specific game company may charge a fee, but that is not the norm. I think there was only one game that was like that, I can't remember what it was called.

Yea the games are more expensive but that was bound to happen with the next gen systems. If price bothers you for purchasing you can always either rent the games or buy used games and save some money. So far not all games are $60, there are a couple that are going for less like Perfect Dark Zero and PGR3.

As far as it goes with the forums check out XBOX 360 Forums (http://forums.xbox.com/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=11) . You will find alot here.

If you decide to keep your 360 I hope you enoy and maybe I'll catch up with you on Live when I get my 360.

gh0st614
11-27-2005, 00:29
Yea Halo2 sold map packs but they are all free now. Its really neat since you can buy "points" for xbox live which allows you to purchase additional content such as wallpapers and arcade game favorites like joust which are all in HD