Cute pics: My 5 yr.-old nephew is taking Tae Kwon Do [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cute pics: My 5 yr.-old nephew is taking Tae Kwon Do

The Pontificator
11-23-2005, 23:42
My newphew Bobby is taking Tae Kwon Do classes in AR.

His little GF there is the instructor's daughter. :)

The Pontificator
11-23-2005, 23:44
Uncle John's favorite newphew. Love cats. Kicks ass. ;f

Sanchin
11-24-2005, 01:32
Cool! Where in AR is that school? Do you think TKD is geared toward kids more than other styles?

Roundeyesamurai
11-24-2005, 11:54
Cute!

Yeah, where in Ark., if you don't mind?

planner
12-10-2005, 03:58
My oldest son started TKD at age 5. Here in So Cal, 2 brothers had started a school called "Karate For Kids", using TKD, because they felt it was more suitable for 5-12 yr olds. Now, the are several Karate For Kids-affilliated schools around, teaching various styles, not just Tae Kwon Do. The teaching is sport & discipline oriented, not combat, but its a great foundation. But, it seems that about 75% of the kids don't stick with it long enough to get theri black belts. They get theri first couple belts, their first couple local tournaments and lose interest (like they do in most subjects). But my oldest loved it, and we still see some of the families we met during those times.

sigman69
12-17-2005, 22:13
great pics....

bluemeanie
12-21-2005, 10:12
Hey, Ponti, I can understand if you wouldn't want to narow it down to the town, but can you tell us what organization the school is in?

If you said, for instance, ATA, there are over thirty of them in AR alone. Overall, not the greatest rep for teaching "combative" MA, but I doubt Bobby is real concerned with that, he seems to be working the CDI factor ;a

And, even within the framework of an MA company like ATA, there are great instructors. Our local guy here in Fort Smith, Tim Grant, is well respected among people whose opinion I trust.

I hope he keeps it up, he'll be well prepared to get serious later.

irishbum
12-26-2005, 10:45
when they get their green belt it's great that's when they get to spar,at that age it is great to watch.I also have a nephew 5yrs odl taking Tae Kwon Do as well he just got his green belt.

Halojumper
01-05-2006, 17:22
Originally posted by planner
. Now, the are several Karate For Kids-affilliated schools around, teaching various styles, not just Tae Kwon Do.

Karate For Kids is an ATA trademark, so even though they sometimes add some other stuff in, the core of their instruction is TKD.

major
01-12-2006, 06:37
I still bet that Chuck Norris could take him.