Target practice recording system... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Target practice recording system...

nordicglock
11-25-2005, 13:45
Howdy!

I'm on the lookout for a target practice score keeping system. I really feel the need to follow up my target practice and look for the following abilites in the program:

* Adapted to a small platform, like Palm, Windows Pocket PC or even Apple Newton
* Easy input. You get the standard 25-meter target up on the screen an simply place alle the five shots on the virtual target on the hand held computer.
* Export to known file formats like XLS for statistics
* Accumulative statistics on the handheld, like the ability to monitor progress and accuracy.

Does this program exist? If not, I see a small business opporunity for an enterprising programmer... Cheers!

Pål,
Oslo, Norway

Washington,D.C.
11-25-2005, 14:46
I was once in the far north of Norway.All I had for protection against polar bears was an 8mm Mauser.Those bears are huge!!! I'm not sure 8mm would be enough.Fortunately I didn't have to find out.8mm Mauser does do a good on moose though. :)

nordicglock
11-27-2005, 05:58
Originally posted by Washington,D.C.
I was once in the far north of Norway.All I had for protection against polar bears was an 8mm Mauser.Those bears are huge!!! I'm not sure 8mm would be enough.Fortunately I didn't have to find out.8mm Mauser does do a good on moose though. :)

Yeah, I think the rifles you are issued in the island Svalbard (where the polar bears are) will do the trick if you are halfway qualified to shoot a rifle.

A guy from the shooting sports club I am a member of went to Svalbard to do some research (geology) and had his 44 Magnum as personal polar bear protector. I think for hand guns, 44 Magnum is the smalles allowed. Quite cool, acutually, Svalbard is a bit like the Wild West. "Sorry, son! That Glock 40 S&W ain't doing the trick here. Here: have this Ruger 44 revolver to lend. It's on the hotel, but be sure to leave it at the entrance of the bar when you go in. Or take this H&K G3".