The official "Gainesville GlockTalkers Group" thread [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The official "Gainesville GlockTalkers Group" thread

Norman
11-28-2005, 13:19
As those of you who have received emails already know, we're trying to organize the Gainesville area GlockTalkers (as there seems to be quite a few of us) for the purposes of getting together for some shooting, perhaps grabbing a bite to eat occasionally, making some new friends, lending a hand with firearm related stuff whenever necessary, and even having a group of people to contact first when buying, selling, or trading a firearm for a nice easy local deal without the hassles of shipping or FFL's.

Thus far, this is the list of people who have responded saying they would like to be a part of this and be notified whenever we plan to organize an event of any kind or just plan on buying or selling a firearm and want to see if any of the group members would like to buy, sell, or trade also.

Member List

Norman [Email/Phone]
El Duderino
Historian
Krom
CYoung [Email]
EZFly80 [Phone]
NJL
GunnyBob
Dave1899 [Email]
Glockmeister40
orangedawg19
Dalton Wayne [Phone/Email]

Later this week, I will be sending PM's to everyone requesting the best email and/or phone number at which to be reached. You can send me both, one or the other, or none and just keep tabs on this thread, as this will be the place to post anything related with the aforementioned purposes of the group.

As for organizing events, that will likely happen through PM's, phone calls, and this thread. But if you're looking for a local deal on a firearm and want to see if others in the group have or want that firearm, you can notify me and I will PM the group for you. I'm not sure as of right now if posting an ad for a firearm on the Florida Glockers Club will be permitted by the moderators, so to play it safe we can go the PM route. I will always forward the info to the group; believe me I do NOT have the budget to snatch up any firearms, and even if I did and am personally interested in something, I will still notify everyone of the deal first. It's just the right thing to do and that's what shall be done.

If you know of other GlockTalkers who live in or right around the Gainesville area, or you came upon this thread and would also like to be a part of the group, please PM me and I will update the member list and this thread as I receive that information. I will also list by your name on the member list whether I have your Email and/or Phone, such as I have done with my name.

Looking forward to meeting all of the Gainesville GlockTalkers Group.

Norman
12-09-2005, 20:17
PM updates were sent today (12/9/05) requesting phone and/or email contact info to the member list above plus one more who may be a Gainesville resident. NJL's mailbox was full, but I posted in General Glocking (which worked last time) letting him know.

I will update the member list saying I have phone and/or email (not the actual contact info out there for all to see) for each specific member as I hear back from everyone.

If you have any questions, comments, good news, good jokes, stuff to sell, etc for the group... let me know or just post in this thread. Let's keep the local firearms deals to PM's just in case moderators would rather we not post on that here in the State Clubs.

Norman

Edited to add: NJL has also been updated now.

EZFLY80
12-09-2005, 21:15
About that gun show you mentioned in your PM, I went last year and it wasnt very good. Pretty small room with not necessarily the best of prices either. I'll probably skip it.

Cyoung
12-12-2005, 06:23
Hi all!

Norman - I could not respond to your PM because your box is full. You can e-mail me at caloos2000 at yahoo.com.

EZFLY80 - I agree, the gun show is not real big, but I am just happy to have any gun shows in town again! I am working with the gun show folks to find a bigger and cheaper place to hold the shows. Any suggestions? The Fairgrounds are pretty much out thanks to the Alachua County Commision folks. Grr.

EZFLY80
12-15-2005, 17:51
I thought I would mention, im sure most of you already have your carry permits but if you need to get yours or you know someone who needs to, let me know. I try to teach a class as often as possible so let me know. Ken 561-262-7682

njl
12-18-2005, 10:17
Other than myself, Historian, and CYoung, are any of you GTRI members? If not, where and how often do you shoot?

I like to shoot every weekend, but I don't always get to. When my schedule allows, I also do the Wednesday night matches at Beckwiths, but I'm probably about to take an extended break from those due to scheduling issues.

I'm hoping to get out to GTRI this afternoon if its not entirely under water. After about 24h of rain, the water retention pond near me is up about 18".

krom
12-19-2005, 22:03
I'm a GTRI member too and Iíve been going out to the range at least once a week as well since I took a class with Det. Alan Gray (http://www.alangraytraining.com/) in July.
I participated in the Bill Jeans (http://www.morrigan-consulting.com/) defensive handgun (I & II) classes recently and I look forward to the next time Bill comes to town. I plan to be out at the range as much as my schedule permits practicing what I learned in those classes.
At least till I get my 2,500 repetitions in ;g

Dave1899
12-21-2005, 22:45
I'd like to get together with some locals for what ever... Drop me a line...

Norman
01-04-2006, 20:48
David, I added you to our list. When we decide to work the details up and get together for a shoot at GTRI, I'll make sure everyone on the list is informed. Thanks, and stay safe!

P.S.- I'll be at GTRI on Saturday morning taking Alan Gray's course.

Dave1899
01-04-2006, 20:54
Norman,

I've never been to GTRI. What's it like?

David

Norman
01-04-2006, 21:15
Some of the members of our group are founding members and would be better prepared to answer that question. I'll let them respond.

njl
01-04-2006, 22:09
Originally posted by Dave1899
Norman,

I've never been to GTRI. What's it like?

David

3 ranges. Range A (100yd rifle...marked off to 100yds...probably actually goes to 110 or 120). Occasionally, a steel gong is setup out at 100yds, but we broke it at the Memorial Day shoot. I haven't heard yet if it's been fixed. Other than that, A is cardboard/paper targets.

Range B (25yd handgun/rifle, cardboard/paper targets).

Range C (my favorite) is 25yd handgun calibers only. All sorts of steel (2 6-plate racks, a Texas star, 2 steel silouhettes, 2 stationary steel plates, and a dueling tree). You have to be a life member or have gone through the RSO course (or be accomanied by one of those) to shoot on C...mostly due to the added liability of shooting at steel.

We also have a large supply of bowling pins on hand that I helped procure for GTRI...but we've yet to come up with suitable tables for them, portable enough to easily setup and move out of the way, and weather proof...since they'd likely have to live outdoors.

GTRI is almost always surprisingly underutilized when I'm there. Often, I'll have range C to myself.

Edited to add: What GTRI is like depends a lot on the season. Being outdoors, in the summer, the heat can be brutal (the mosquitos and flies too), and in the winter it can be cold enough that my hands get numb. What I like about it though is it's cleaner than any indoor range I've ever seen since it's well ventilated (open air) and hosed down from time to time (rain).

Also, wear real shoes or boots...not flip flops or sandals. There are ants and I've seen scorpions twice.

GunnyBob
01-05-2006, 16:59
PM'd you, Norman.

Bob

Norman
01-28-2006, 19:10
;d

GunnyBob
01-28-2006, 20:43
Get the CWP yet, Norman?

Norman
01-29-2006, 07:10
They cashed my check two days ago. Hope to see it here sometime this week. I'm like a kid on christmas morning at the mailbox, hoping to see if Santa brought me the goodies.

Glockmeister40
01-31-2006, 21:04
I am also from the Gainesville area and a member of GTRI that place is a nice range. I just love range C :) It is loaded with steel reactive targets. Wonder if we could get a GSSF sanctioned match out there ? I believe that Gateway is not going to do it this year. and I know there are a lot of Glock shooting enthusiasts in the area.

njl
01-31-2006, 21:40
Originally posted by Glockmeister40
I am also from the Gainesville area and a member of GTRI that place is a nice range. I just love range C :) It is loaded with steel reactive targets. Wonder if we could get a GSSF sanctioned match out there ? I believe that Gateway is not going to do it this year. and I know there are a lot of Glock shooting enthusiasts in the area.

There are, and Gateway/GSSF did cancel the JAX match.

I'd LOVE to see a match in Gainesville, but I don't think it's possible. GTRI just isn't big enough. If GSSF took over the entire range for the weekend, they could fit, at most, 2 stages on C and 2 on B, and probably just 2, maybe 3 on A (more if they shot into A's side berms...but I suspect that wouldn't be permitted).

A typical Orlando or JAX GSSF match has more setups than that. Then there's the parking. GTRI just doesn't have enough to accomodate a match that could have >100 competitors. Then there are all the non-GSSF GTRI members who'd probably not be thrilled about an event occupying the entire range all weekend. At JAX and Orlando, those ranges are big enough that the GSSF match doesn't totally take the place over. At least I know it didn't at Gateway.

The old Beckwiths range (now Micanopy Shooting Sports?) has been talking about setting up a regular GSL event as soon as they get their FFL and can move forward with the paperwork. I haven't checked in with them for a few months, so I don't know if that's already happened.

orangedawg19
02-05-2006, 09:58
Im only 18 and attend UF, but I would love to maybe go to some shoots with you guys if legally possible of course, or discuss guns, be in the loop for sales and what not. Been shooting for a year, but did skeet for a while before that. Trained by an NRA certified instructor, so I've got the basics down and soon I'm going to go back to the guy and go for some advanced lessons. I'm getting my Glock soon, still up in the air between a g19 or a g38, but soon Ill be a real GTer!

Anyways, Im glad theres a Gainesville firearms club goin on, thought I was the only one around here. If anyones got a g30, maybe they could let me hold it or something? Im still thinking about a g30, but seeing if grip size will be an issue, as I forgot what it felt like the last time I held one.

Take it easy guys, glad to see Gainesville representing here. Later.

Dalton Wayne
02-09-2006, 09:39
I live in Ocala, is that close enough to Gainsville,
I would like to be part of the club
Dalton Wayne

Norman
02-09-2006, 10:03
Haven't seen anything in the way of trades or Buy/Sell stuff, but if we decide to organize a day to go shooting, everyone in the group will be contacted

BTW, I updated the group to include Glockmeister40, orangedawg19, and Dalton Wayne.

Norman :cool:

njl
02-09-2006, 13:54
Originally posted by Dalton Wayne
Ilive in Ocala, is that close enough to Gainsville,
I would like to be part of the club
Dal wayne

Is Ocala in Gainesville?

But seriously, I know GTRI has had members from Ocala. I've heard numerous stories about the ONF range that make the drive to GTRI seem well worth it.

Glockmeister40
02-09-2006, 21:09
Thanks Norman for adding me I would like to be contacted for sure if somebody wants to organize a shoot of some kind and of course if somebody is getting rid of something at a deal.

EZFLY80
02-10-2006, 06:58
Speaking of getting rid of anything, If anyone ever wants to get rid of some reloading stuff ill probly take it off your hands.^c

orangedawg19
02-10-2006, 09:33
Micanopy Shooting Center is a nice place to go shoot. Some down to earth guys there, bring your own ammo if you want, and its not far from Gainesville (like 12 miles south of Archer road on 13th st). Went there last week to shoot a G19 again, and it was such a nice drive, all flat swamp.

Justin R
02-13-2006, 00:01
I'm in and out of the area a few times a month

GumBall
02-14-2006, 21:42
You can add me to the list also.

Norman
02-14-2006, 22:05
Originally posted by GumBall
You can add me to the list also.

Would you mind providing some info about yourself, or is "You can add me to the list also" as cordial as you can muster?

njl
02-14-2006, 22:16
Anyone planning on going to the Orlando GSSF match this weekend? I'd love to go...but can't. If I'm lucky, I may get to fire a few rounds at GTRI this Saturday.

Norman
02-14-2006, 22:18
I'm getting PM's from others inquiring about a get-together at GTRI sometime in the near future. We should start to gather ideas on a date that would work for as many as possible, and then just get out there and meet up, shoot, and maybe get some lunch somewhere afterwards.

What do you think, gentlemen?

Dave1899
02-14-2006, 22:21
I'm in Norman...I'm planning on joining GTRI this Sunday...Maybe I'll run into some of the local GT guys.

njl
02-14-2006, 22:24
Originally posted by Norman
I'm getting PM's from others inquiring about a get-together at GTRI sometime in the near future. We should start to gather ideas on a date that would work for as many as possible, and then just get out there and meet up, shoot, and maybe get some lunch somewhere afterwards.

What do you think, gentlemen?

How many of the people interested are GTRI members? There are some complexities in taking non-members to GTRI, though it can be done ($10 guest passes, paperwork, and a suitable member "chaperone").

Norman
02-14-2006, 22:30
Good, we've got some complexities. It wouldn't be fun without them. Let's see over the next few days who is interested, and hopefully we can attract as many members as possible to go around as suitable "chaperones" on a date agreed upon by the majority of our group.

I'll do my best to organize those PM's and requests here, and we'll take it from there.

GumBall
02-15-2006, 04:44
Would you mind providing some info about yourself, or is "You can add me to the list also" as cordial as you can muster?

It was as cordial as I could muster at the time. ;f

My name is George and I am a state LEO living in Gainesville. I like long walks on the beach and pina coladas. (Forget that, that was for another website) :)

Just looking to meet new people with similar interests.

George

Glockmeister40
02-16-2006, 17:43
Good, we've got some complexities. It wouldn't be fun without them. Let's see over the next few days who is interested, and hopefully we can attract as many members as possible to go around as suitable "chaperones" on a date agreed upon by the majority of our group.

I'll do my best to organize those PM's and requests here, and we'll take it from there.
I may be able to make some of those complexities a little easier. I am a GTRI member and an RSO I also think I have 2 guest passes sitting in my glove box of my car. But I will have to look for them. Wonder if they have an experiation date? So when yall get the day"s figured out when you want to have a shoot just holler. I will see if it works with my schedule.

Dalton Wayne
02-16-2006, 18:13
Looking for someone to instruct me on detail striping my Glock 30, no big hurry as it's new, maybee sometime when we can all get togather at a shoot, like I said no hurry,
I live in Ocala
Doug

krom
02-16-2006, 19:04
This has been posted elsewhere on Glocktalk, it's a good tutorial on detail stripping a Glock.

http://www.alpharubicon.com/mrpoyz/glock/

GunnyBob
02-16-2006, 19:15
There's always a certain level of trepidation when disassembling what would appear to be an intricate piece of machinery, but let me add my voice to the many who've professed that taking a Glock apart becomes childsplay after a few times doing so.

Nice link, Krom. One of the very first I found when learning to shoot little springs across the floor of the den. Get's easier after you personally identify which of the buggers wants it's freedom, and I've even taken the G-27 apart with one hand while the other was in a cast. Wouldn't recommend it, only state it to amplify the piece of cake this effort becomes after a few tries.

Dalton Wayne
02-17-2006, 08:38
I detail striped the slide last night with the instructions it was pretty easy.
Thanks

Norman
03-10-2006, 11:35
Dalton Wayne: Nice job on the Shotgun forum, DW. ;)

isis07734
03-17-2006, 18:38
Hey guys/gals,

I'm interested in joining this group/ getting the emails etc.
I've lived in Gville for about 6 yrs. Have roots here though, been visiting since childhood. I'm 26 and own only a G19. Feel free to ask any Qs.

isaac

njl
03-17-2006, 18:56
Originally posted by isis07734
Hey guys/gals,

I'm interested in joining this group/ getting the emails etc.
I've lived in Gville for about 6 yrs. Have roots here though, been visiting since childhood. I'm 26 and own only a G19. Feel free to ask any Qs.

isaac

Are you a GTRI member? If not, where do you shoot?

Anyone know how Micanopy Shooting Sports (the old Beckwiths range) FFL application is going? They were talking about indoor GSSF GSL, but couldn't proceed with that until they got their FFL. I haven't been by there since late last year.

Glockmeister40
03-17-2006, 20:18
I know for a fact that they do have the FFL but I have not asked about the GSSF match thing in a while I will have to check on that . I keep forgetting to ask them .

isis07734
03-17-2006, 22:07
Not a member. I shoot at beckwiths. Havent been in a while though. They are now ran by Picketts right? Im kinda sick of shooting into paper at the same stance though, been looking for a friend with lots of land, or maybe ill just join the outdoor range. Somebody told me they were gonna sell it, hear anythign like that? the website looks healthy and updated so it could be bad info.

njl
03-19-2006, 20:23
Originally posted by isis07734
Not a member. I shoot at beckwiths. Havent been in a while though. They are now ran by Picketts right? Im kinda sick of shooting into paper at the same stance though, been looking for a friend with lots of land, or maybe ill just join the outdoor range. Somebody told me they were gonna sell it, hear anythign like that? the website looks healthy and updated so it could be bad info.

What was the Beckwiths range is now run and or owned by one or more former Picketts employees.

If you're tired of shooting paper at Beckwiths, try their Wednesday night matches. It's usually some combination of bowling pins and steel.

Or join GTRI and sit through the RSO course, which enables you to use range C, which is full of steel targets.

AFAIK, GTRI has been for sale for a while. The guy who owns it wasn't really looking to own a range. He just really wanted there to be a nice one in Gainesville, saw the opportunity to make it happen and did it.

isis07734
03-19-2006, 22:30
Cool, so even if its sold, it will remain open under a new owner? I'll look into wed nights, thanks for the tip.

Dave1899
03-25-2006, 14:44
Well...we did it. My better half and I joined the GTRI. It sure is a nice range. Hope we can get a Glock shoot some time.:rollsmiley:

Cyoung
03-25-2006, 22:16
A big +1 on recommending the Micanopy Shooting Sports facility. Clint and Jeff(?) formerly of Pickett's own and run the place.

I know we have a sign advertising their facility on the board at GTRI. They send us members and we send them members, it helps us both.

The Wednesday night stuff is really fun.

njl
03-26-2006, 08:03
I'm hoping to get out to GTRI later this morning and probably just do some pistol practice on C. Anyone else thinking about going today?

Dave1899
03-26-2006, 08:06
Originally posted by njl
I'm hoping to get out to GTRI later this morning and probably just do some pistol practice on C. Anyone else thinking about going today? The Mrs and I are planning on going out there today but it would be later in the day.

Dave1899
05-31-2006, 19:51
OK...It's almost June and we haven't got together yet...where are the Gainesville shooters?:alien:

njl
05-31-2006, 20:08
I've snuck out to GTRI as early as I could manage the past two weekends. Shooting's not much fun when it's 90+F. Monday, at 8:45am, it was mid 70s.

Glockmeister40
06-01-2006, 10:04
I am out at GTRI quite frequently myself. Good Lord willing I will be there Sat. morning as well. You could probably find me on range C as that is the only range that I can draw from a holster on and still abide by range rules. Anyway See Y"all at the range Roy:supergrin:

njl
06-14-2006, 09:48
Anyone been to the Beckwiths/(Micanopy Shooting Sports?) Wednesday night matches recently?

Do they still open the range for practice at 5pm and start the match at 6:30pm?

Did they ever get anywhere with a indoor Glock Shooting League?

Glockmeister40
06-15-2006, 07:36
I was there last night and it still starts practice around 5:00 pm and the match starts at 6:30. As far as the Glock league matches it is still up in the air I guess they are still working on it. We were discussing it and did not get a definate answer as to when or if it will actually happen. Anyway as always the Wed. night match was fun and then we went to Sonny"s resturant and ate and did some Bench shooting :)

Glockmeister40
08-15-2006, 17:18
Where is everybody at? The range maybe? :)

Ice_Man1
08-15-2006, 18:19
where if any place do you all meet

Glockmeister40
08-15-2006, 19:27
There has not been a meeting that I was aware of. Maybe there was but I was not invited LOL. Anyway I do believe we have a couple of gainesville Target Range members here.

Ice_Man1
08-15-2006, 19:32
one more ? do i need to have a glock to be a member of this club i got a ruger for now if i dont need a glock i would like to join i live 20 miles s.w. of Gainesville

njl
08-15-2006, 20:10
Where is everybody at? The range maybe? :)

Too hot. I haven't been to the range for a few weeks.

Anyone know how the new building is coming? I suspect it must be done by now.

Glockmeister40
08-15-2006, 20:22
it has been more than a few weeks since I have been out to GTRI . as was proved by my missrebale performance at the last USPSA match I shot at. I really should have practiced more but like you said it has been hot. I do not know how the clubhouse is coming along but I imagine it should be about done as well

Ice_Man1
08-16-2006, 17:53
one more ? do i need to have a glock to be a member of this club i got a ruger for now if i dont need a glock i would like to join i live 20 miles s.w. of Gainesville and also i would like to meet up to shoot so i can pick up some pointers

njl
08-16-2006, 18:04
Originally posted by Ice_Man1
one more ? do i need to have a glock to be a member of this club i got a ruger for now if i dont need a glock i would like to join i live 20 miles s.w. of Gainesville and also i would like to meet up to shoot so i can pick up some pointers

If you're looking to improve and get pointers from pros, I highly recommend the Wednesday night matches at Beckwiths (now called Micanopy Shooting Sports, I think). They meet every Wednesday night at 6:30 (range opens for match practice/socializing at 5:30).

It's more of a friendly get together and shoot than a match...so don't be intimidated by the word "match".

Glockmeister40
08-16-2006, 20:43
I just got back from Micanopy shooting sports and as usual it was fun. As njl said it is an excellent place to pick up some tips from some very experienced shooters some of those guys have been shooting for many many years. But do not be intimitated by them being that good they are all real good guys and will help ya out in just about any way you can think of. and as always we have a blast. (pun intended) one more thing though on the 4th wed. of every month it is designated .22 handgun night and we use smaller more .22 friendly targets. I do believe next week will be the 4th wed. too well anyway see at the range

Ice_Man1
08-17-2006, 20:04
what time does it end at nightOriginally posted by Glockmeister40
I just got back from Micanopy shooting sports and as usual it was fun. As njl said it is an excellent place to pick up some tips from some very experienced shooters some of those guys have been shooting for many many years. But do not be intimitated by them being that good they are all real good guys and will help ya out in just about any way you can think of. and as always we have a blast. (pun intended) one more thing though on the 4th wed. of every month it is designated .22 handgun night and we use smaller more .22 friendly targets. I do believe next week will be the 4th wed. too well anyway see at the range :2gun: :2gun: :2gun:

Glockmeister40
08-18-2006, 18:06
Ice Man it usually ends about 8:00pm or somewhere around there depending on how many shooters show up. after the shoot a group of us usually go to Sonny"s restaurant and eat and sit around and swap stories and such.

Glockmeister40
09-04-2006, 20:19
I was out there today. And yes it was raining but sometimes ya gotta do what you gotta do, And the clubhouse was coming along pretty good but there was still a lot to be done inside. Guess they won"t make the labor day opening they had talked about LOL but on the upside my shotgun patterned great with the 18.5 inch barrel :)

Ice_Man1
09-05-2006, 07:14
the Wednesday night matches at Beckwiths (now called Micanopy Shooting Sports). They meet every Wednesday night at 6:30 (range opens for match practice/socializing at 5:30). I might be able to show up but not to shoot
:sad: due to a surgury I had last week, do any of you know if they have a gunsmith there

Thanks
Ice_Man1

njl
09-05-2006, 08:37
I believe the shop does offer gunsmithing services.

njl
10-14-2006, 09:07
Weather's supposed to be excellent this weekend. Anyone (else) planning to go shoot at GTRI this weekend?

isis07734
10-14-2006, 09:09
Sapps gota like new 17 for 450, worht checking out

Glockmeister40
10-19-2006, 20:22
At that price I would go ahead and spend the other $50 and just get a new one myself and my past experience at Sapps has been that he does not like to negotiate price it is as marked. But that is just my .02 cents worth

njl
10-19-2006, 20:58
Actually, can't you get a brand new one direct from Glock via GSSF for less than that?

Glockmeister40
10-20-2006, 18:26
I heard something about GSSF having some kind of promotion where thier members could purchase a Glock through them at a discount but I am not sure of the price. Also to be considered is the transfer fee that may be incurred. Although Jeff or Dan up at Micanopy Shooting Sports could help out with the transfer I am sure.

GunnyBob
10-20-2006, 18:46
I've been looking at a used G-21 at Picketts in Newberry, and since you gentlemen have far more of a handle on what's appropropriate for this neck of the woods than I,give me a clue if this is a decent enough deal for the Gainesville area, in your opinion, of course.

Picketts used G-21, in excellent condition. 2 magazines, no original box.

A G-27 of mine, 3rd generation, also excellent, plus 5 extra mags for a total of 7 (all magazines have Pierce and/or Scherer extensions), original box and paperwork.

They say for $200 and my gun and mags, it's a done deal.

I demured, believing this to be too pricey, and they won't budge.

Thanks.

njl
10-20-2006, 19:40
Originally posted by GunnyBob
I've been looking at a used G-21 at Picketts in Newberry, and since you gentlemen have far more of a handle on what's appropropriate for this neck of the woods than I,give me a clue if this is a decent enough deal for the Gainesville area, in your opinion, of course.

Picketts used G-21, in excellent condition. 2 magazines, no original box.

A G-27 of mine, 3rd generation, also excellent, plus 5 extra mags for a total of 7 (all magazines have Pierce and/or Scherer extensions), original box and paperwork.

They say for $200 and my gun and mags, it's a done deal.

I demured, believing this to be too pricey, and they own't budge.

Thanks.

G27 + $250 (figure $10 each for the extra mags if they're in great shape) for a USED 21? Were they at least going to give you some KY to smooth the deal?

You'd do better privately selling your G27 and mags to someone who doesn't know about the Glock/GSSF deal for $400 and buying the G21 from Glock for $464 plus shipping, tax, and transfer fee. That's probably a total of about $540.

http://www.gssfonline.com/GSSFMemberGunBuy-2b.pdf

GunnyBob
10-20-2006, 21:21
Thank you, njl. As I figured. And yes, the mags are in good shape, and should have had some bearing on the deal. Suppose I should indeed look into the GSSF scenario.

all the best

njl
12-09-2006, 09:27
Anyone planning to shoot this weekend? Last I looked, it's supposed to be a bit warmer (high of about 70F) Sunday. I haven't been for a few weeks and am going to try to get out to GTRI Sunday, probably sometime in the late morning.

isis07734
12-13-2006, 16:04
2 GAP plates for the Sub models for sale. Had em for a week, tried em once at the range- not for me. 15$ takes em both. Or trade for DRFML G19 full cap mag.

Glockmeister40
02-04-2007, 18:45
Nice avatar Isis :)

Norman
02-05-2007, 17:57
Nice avatar Isis :)

No doubt. Is she in Gainesville? :supergrin:

isis07734
02-05-2007, 18:00
Haha, yea, as soon as Traders South reopens ;)

Dave1899
02-05-2007, 18:17
Any one got a G26 fs?

njl
02-05-2007, 18:31
Anyone planning to do the GSSF Orlando match this coming weekend?

Glockmeister40
02-05-2007, 19:58
Nope I have a USPSA match to go to they are more fun anyway to me.

Although we do not have a Glock armorer right there to rebuild my Glock"s for me either :)

dip128
02-07-2007, 12:46
Im in Gville

J.J. Weist glockdoc23@yahoo.com.

njl
02-16-2007, 22:18
So other than me and dip128, nobody else went to the Orlando match? If you haven't noticed, preliminary scores are up on the gssfonline web site.

Glockmeister40
02-17-2007, 18:56
How did the GSSF match scores turn out for yall? And welcome to our little thread JJ. (Glockmeister40)= Roy Spaulding

njl
02-17-2007, 20:51
I did much better than I'd expected.

Dalton Wayne
02-18-2007, 19:00
Hello all fellow Gainesville Glockers I need your help!
In two weeks I am looking to buy an AK under-folder if you know of any shops in the Ocala Gainesville area that has them in stock or know of a nice used or new one someone has for sale please let me know.
Regards
Doug

Glockmeister40
02-18-2007, 19:30
Micanopy Shooting Sports has a couple I think . I know at least of one in stock right now Doug you can reach them after 10:00 AM on tuesday at 352-466-0320 They also had the best price on them I have seen in a long time although I forget what the actual price is right now. But if you call they can tell ya what it is

Dalton Wayne
02-18-2007, 19:36
I was thinking about them but could not remember their name thanks will check with them tuesday
Doug

Glockmeister40
02-18-2007, 20:19
I just read your Signature line Doug and busted out laughing :) that is very funny about the 72 virgins

Dalton Wayne
02-20-2007, 12:17
Drove up there today and bought the last one they had, they said they are getting hard to get with all the news of gun bans and the Zumbo bs everyone wants to get one before they are banned
Thanks for the tip
Doug

njl
02-24-2007, 09:00
So, who's shooting this weekend?

Today is looking beautiful. Weather.com says tomorrow is going to suck (rain, large hail!).

Dave1899
02-24-2007, 09:10
Anyone want to shoot at GTR today?

njl
02-24-2007, 09:39
Originally posted by Dave1899
Anyone want to shoot at GTR today?

That is the question. Are you a member too? I've just got to work out the family schedule and see if I'm going real soon or later this afternoon.

Dave1899
02-24-2007, 10:58
Yes I'm a member. I'll try to get out there around 3pm.

njl
02-24-2007, 11:02
I'll see if I can meet you out there. I typically shoot on range C (not sure if you do or can).

Dave1899
02-24-2007, 11:25
Yep, I'm RSO trained too. See you there if nothing else comes up.

njl
02-24-2007, 12:42
Looks like it may be closer to 4pm for me. Gotta go run an errand with my family first.

Dave1899
02-24-2007, 19:30
Guess you got hung up...I was there 'till about 4:40. Had a great time, it was a perfect day to shoot. Catch you next time.

njl
02-24-2007, 19:49
Going to see the butterflies took about twice as long as I'd expected. I missed you by about 10 minutes and was there until dark.

isis07734
02-27-2007, 19:55
got a High Noon Bare Asset for J frames for sale 20$. Got it today- dont like it.

isis07734
02-27-2007, 19:56
got a High Noon Bare Asset for J frames for sale 20$. Got it today- dont like it.

Ice_Man1
02-28-2007, 05:48
Can you post a pic.

Thanks
Ice_Man1

Disintegr8or
03-06-2007, 11:14
Hey guys, I am just west of Gainesville myself. Who wants to go shooting? Anywhere that we can just "go" that isn't at a range?

Ice_Man1
03-07-2007, 15:42
Originally posted by Disintegr8or
Hey guys, I am just west of Gainesville myself.

how far west
im im bronson

njl
03-07-2007, 16:05
Hey guys, I am just west of Gainesville myself. Who wants to go shooting? Anywhere that we can just "go" that isn't at a range?

To just "go somewhere and shoot" you'll need to know someone with sufficient property to do so safely outside of Gainesville city limits.

Gainesville has a really nice (though small) outdoor range, and if you take the regularly offered NRA rage safety officer course, you can shoot on Range C, which has lots of reactive steel (2 plate racks, texas star, dueling tree, and more). Once you get used to shooting reactive targets, paper's boring.

http://www.gainesvilletargetrange.com/

Glockmeister40
03-08-2007, 19:43
I agree 100% with Njl. With having access to a place like GTRI and range C. I do not want to go any place else that you can "just go to" as far as that goes I like the fact that I know that things will be done safely at a proper range facility. A lot of people get lax with safety measures when they are just plinking somewhere and I take firearms safety very seriously myself. The indoor range in Micanopy is a good place to go as well. I sometimes prefer it to GTRI especially when shooting a .22 as picking up all that brass off of the grass is a real pain to me.

Disintegr8or
03-08-2007, 21:37
Originally posted by Ice_Man1
how far west
im im bronson Hey, just noticed your post. I am between Trenton and Fanning. My brother has 20 acres on the river he hunts on, I am going to talk him into letting me setup a little range out there during the off season. :supergrin:

Ice_Man1
03-09-2007, 15:07
Hey, just noticed your post. I am between Trenton and Fanning. My brother has 20 acres on the river he hunts on, I am going to talk him into letting me setup a little range out there during the off season. :supergrin:

Thats cool I work in Trenton and im willing to help him hunt there just let me know :thumbsup:

njl
03-16-2007, 22:33
Looks like cool weather this weekend. Anyone planning to do some shooting?

njl
03-18-2007, 14:25
Looks like I'll be heading to GTRI in a few minutes. Anyone else?

njl
03-18-2007, 14:55
Originally posted by njl
Looks like I'll be heading to GTRI in a few minutes. Anyone else?

Or maybe more like 5:45-6pm.

njl
03-18-2007, 19:34
Another peaceful night at the range. There was a couple shooting some kind of high power rifle on range A, and nobody else out there. I did some .22lr and 9mm on range C (shooting the steel) until it started getting dark.

If you live in Gainesville and want a great place to shoot, you owe it to yourself to check out GTRI. The place is so underutilized, it's often like my own private range when I'm out there. They have an open house every Sunday from 4:30 to 5:30 followed by new-member orientation.

Glockmeister40
03-19-2007, 15:51
SHHHHHHH Njl lets not get too many people out there LOL I kinda like having my own private little range :) and I absolutely love range C I was out there Sat. morning getting ready for the upcoming pistol class Bill Jeans is going to be teaching out there.

Jalopee
03-28-2007, 10:14
Hello, this is my first post here. I was wondering if Wal-Mart sells buckshot or slugs, or if I need to go to a gunshop for that. If I need to go to a gunshop, what do you guys recommend? The Army Surplus store or Sapps would be great just because they are closer.

Thanks in advance.

P.S., I just joined GTRI Sunday and went to shoot Tuesday and it was a lot of fun.

Glockmeister40
03-31-2007, 19:09
Welcome to our group Jalopee. I would think you could find slugs and buckshot at wal-mart. I always have been able to. Unless you are looking for some odd size like 28 gauge or something. Anyway have fun out at GTRI I know I always do I may even go out there tomorrow if I can get Dip128 to join me.

rmc85
04-03-2007, 23:01
here in Gainesville as well....I go out to micanopy shooting sports when I can...but being a poor broke ass college student doest help....whats the price for joining GTR?

Disintegr8or
04-06-2007, 06:01
Originally posted by njl
Another peaceful night at the range. There was a couple shooting some kind of high power rifle on range A, and nobody else out there. I did some .22lr and 9mm on range C (shooting the steel) until it started getting dark.

If you live in Gainesville and want a great place to shoot, you owe it to yourself to check out GTRI. The place is so underutilized, it's often like my own private range when I'm out there. They have an open house every Sunday from 4:30 to 5:30 followed by new-member orientation. Well, I finally got my NRA package, so I am ready to go out there for orientation.

Jalopee
04-11-2007, 11:12
RMC85:

It costs 250 for a years membership and I think 35 to join the NRA if you are not a member. It is quite a bit (another poor college student - although I'm now getting paid in grad school), but for me its worth it being a short drive, safe, and having multiple ranges. Another bonus is each time I've been out there its usually just me or maybe one other person, but I go early in the morning before I have to get to my lab.

rmc85
04-11-2007, 17:40
someone told me GTR is going to be changing ownership this summer and there are going to be some changes....do any of yall know about this?

njl
04-11-2007, 17:56
Originally posted by rmc85
someone told me GTR is going to be changing ownership this summer and there are going to be some changes....do any of yall know about this?

I know the range has been up for sale for years. Last time I talked to him, Ron had a new prospect from out of town that he thought might end up buying the range and moving to Gainesville to run it. I have no idea if that's actually happening, or if this is just a rumor started by someone who only recently noticed the range being for sale.

njl
04-22-2007, 08:23
Anyone up for shooting today? I'm hoping to get out there (GTRI) in the next couple hours to fire a few more break-in/sight-in shots from my new AR upper with its just replaced carry handle.

Keep in mind, Range B is closed due to a Morrigan class. So only A and C are usable today.

njl
04-22-2007, 17:10
I had the rifle range to myself again. I saw Glockmeister40 taking a class and one or two other GT'rs there.

BTW, I also ran into Ron, and though the range is still for sale (as it has been for years), there is no buyer lined up. The range changing hands this summer is either rumor or wild speculation.

Glockmeister40
04-30-2007, 18:57
And a great class it was!!! Bill Jeans is one good instructor for sure and he surrounds himself with good people to help out .I learned a lot as I did in the tactical shotgun class I took in the fall. I am hoping to be able to take the Carbine class this fall :)

isis07734
05-02-2007, 11:34
anyone have know where to look?

Ron3
05-03-2007, 19:34
And a great class it was!!! Bill Jeans is one good instructor for sure and he surrounds himself with good people to help out .I learned a lot as I did in the tactical shotgun class I took in the fall. I am hoping to be able to take the Carbine class this fall :)

Where did you see he was doing a carbine class this fall?

I'm interested!

Ron3

Glockmeister40
05-06-2007, 19:54
Bill has not commited to doing the carbine class as of yet as far as I know at least. But he did ask what class we would like to have and it seemed very likely that there will be a carbine class. When I know for sure what classes will be taught I will let ya know for sure. But in the meantime if you are interested in a particular class being taught go to Morrigan Consulting"s website and send them an e-mail asking for it.

Hope that cleared up any miscommunication I may have expressed in my earlier post

orangedawg19
05-09-2007, 14:01
Just wanted to tell of my recent experience at Harry Beckwith Firearms store.

A few weeks ago I purchased a shotgun from him, he was very pleasant to deal with, whomever the gentleman that ran the store that day, I think it was Harry? Well I come back today to inquire about an AK, so he shows me his selection. I look at the Romanians he has out on the floor, about 5 of them all the same, all priced $380, or $370 out the door cash he says. I've been doing my research on this AK, as I do with anything I purchase with fervid intent, and Classic Arms, a very respectable dealer among most of you kind folks at GT, had Romanians on his site for $320, with the uppity Yugos going $400 or so.

I say none of these AKs were appealing to me from what I learned and what I want in a AK47. He says well lets see what I can I do, and I suggest if he could FFL over the gun from Classic Arms. Well he walks to a phone, speed dials some one, I assumed it was Classic Arms as he said, "Sure let me see" or something to that extent. Well after some very soft talking on the phone, with me just catching him saying "Yugo" on the phone to the other person, he says, "Yeah I can do it for $520." I said thats ridiculous, its $400 off of Classic Arms. In reply , he simply said in a very strong and resounding tone, "WE dont deal with Classic Arms."

I walked out in haste, and was very confused and angry by all this. I bought from his a few times before and even said to him I recognize local shops and how they have to live too so I'll spread my firearms purchases around town. But seriously , he already overpriced me on the last weapon I purchased from him. And this Yugo was $120 over price. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me, pretty much sums up how I feel. I couldnt believe it and I can say I will never go back to purchase any firearm or equipment from Harry Beckwith if I had a choice or not.

So then I drive 30 miles in the opposite direction to Pickett only to discover theyre closed on Wednesdays. :rofl: Oh well, another day beckons me to shop firearms.:thumbsup:

njl
05-09-2007, 14:26
AFAIK, Harry died. I don't know who owns/runs Beckwith's gun shop these days. I think I heard the Picket people took it over.

Your experience there was not unusual. Most of the shops I've dealt with in town get quite offended when you ask them about transfering guns from out of town dealers.

The best I know of for this sort of service is Max Loan and Pawn just off North Main and 16th IIRC. $20 for the transfer service + $5 for the NICS check, and they'll transfer from out of state FFLs or individuals.

orangedawg19
05-09-2007, 14:37
Originally posted by njl
AFAIK, Harry died. I don't know who owns/runs Beckwith's gun shop these days. I think I heard the Picket people took it over.

Your experience there was not unusual. Most of the shops I've dealt with in town get quite offended when you ask them about transfering guns from out of town dealers.

The best I know of for this sort of service is Max Loan and Pawn just off North Main and 16th IIRC. $20 for the transfer service + $5 for the NICS check, and they'll transfer from out of state FFLs or individuals.

You sir, just made my day. I just called up Max Loan, and YES they will do the FFL transfer, and the guy is sending his license as I speak.

I looked through all the FFL locators I could find and all I got was Pickett and Harry Beckwith, much to my dismay. Now I can buy my AK!!! :banana:

GunnyBob
05-09-2007, 15:23
Yes, Harry passed a few months back, and while I enjoy window shopping in his place I won't purchase anything because the prices are ridiculously high. It's almost sacrilegious to speak of any of the local gunshops in such a manner, because they have a loyal following, and that's fine and dandy. Picketts isn't any great prize either regarding the purchase or transfer of firearms, and it was they who bought out Beckwith's after Harry's passing.

Thanks for the heads-up on Max Loan, one place I've not frequented. Sort of got a bad taste in my mouth after experiencing the highway robbery that passes for a gun business in Gainesville and it's good to know that someone is around content with an honest living. Wal-Mart has Maverick 88's for $180 out the door, and try finding one at Beckwith's or Picketts for under $240. I'd STILL give my business to a dyed in the wool gun store but refuse to be insulted in the process.

rmc85
05-09-2007, 18:01
the past 3 guns I have bought have been through Jeff at micanopy shooting sports (the range behind beckwiths) he doesnt have a problem doing transfers and loves for you to give him a chance to meet the best price you have found if he can...I've sent a few of my friends his way and they all have had a great time dealing with him....the things that kills me about picketts/beckwiths is half the time they are nice to me and half the time they are mean to me...a few weeks ago after shooting at micanopy I walked into beckwiths and the people working were yelling about a guy who had just walked in and looked at a gun and then left...they were mad becasue "he wasted their time"....I hope they were just having a bad day....I have no problems with picketts (I've bought 2 guns from them) but in the past year I havent been able to get good service from them so I've stayed away...

njl
05-09-2007, 18:16
Originally posted by rmc85
the past 3 guns I have bought have been through Jeff at micanopy shooting sports (the range behind beckwiths) he doesnt have a problem doing transfers and loves for you to give him a chance to meet the best price you have found if he can.

What's he charge for that service?

rmc85
05-10-2007, 07:15
What's he charge for that service?

25 for the transfer and then 5 for the backround check...I think theres a place that will do it for 20 but he's just been so good I dont care about a few extra bucks....when I got my springfield 1911 he got it for me cheaper than anywhere I found on the net...

Ron3
05-14-2007, 12:40
Bill has not commited to doing the carbine class as of yet as far as I know at least. But he did ask what class we would like to have and it seemed very likely that there will be a carbine class. When I know for sure what classes will be taught I will let ya know for sure. But in the meantime if you are interested in a particular class being taught go to Morrigan Consulting"s website and send them an e-mail asking for it.

Hope that cleared up any miscommunication I may have expressed in my earlier post

Okay, thanks!

Ron3

G30Love
05-21-2007, 15:34
There's a great Outdoor Range in Graham, Fl called Bradford Sportsmen Farm... On wedenesday it cost only $15.00 and on weekends $20.00. You can stay there as long as you want.... they even have rifle ranges, one that goes out 600 feet!!! They have skeet, clay and trap as well... It's by far the best in the area. From Gainesville it only takes around 20 minutes... They are also not strict and it's kind of laid back atmosphere... They even have a concealed weapons permit class the first of every Saturday for only $50.00, beats everything else in this area... You guys should definately check it out, it's worth it... i find it easier to drive through a county road in Waldo... Way faster than the direction they gave me, but i forget the County Road... heres the website....

http://www.bsfshootingsports.com/

Norman
05-21-2007, 17:11
Originally posted by G30Love
There's a great Outdoor Range in Graham, Fl called Bradford Sportsmen Farm... On wedenesday it cost only $15.00 and on weekends $20.00. You can stay there as long as you want.... they even have rifle ranges, one that goes out 600 feet!!! They have skeet, clay and trap as well... It's by far the best in the area. From Gainesville it only takes around 20 minutes... They are also not strict and it's kind of laid back atmosphere... They even have a concealed weapons permit class the first of every Saturday for only $50.00, beats everything else in this area... You guys should definately check it out, it's worth it... i find it easier to drive through a county road in Waldo... Way faster than the direction they gave me, but i forget the County Road... heres the website....

http://www.bsfshootingsports.com/

Nice ranges there, thanks for the link!

njl
05-21-2007, 21:10
Their long rifle ranges might be neat to check out, but I live close enough to GTRI to sometimes hear the bigger stuff from my yard. Being so close, it'd take something really special for me to drive out of town to shoot.

Norman
06-17-2007, 18:22
If anyone from GTRI would like to communicate with me about opening a membership, I would certainly appreciate it.

Also, do any of you fellow Gainesville residents know of a nice, upscale drinking establishment? One of those dimly-lit, almost Washingtonian in its architecture type bars that anything less than nice slacks and a golf shirt or dress shirt would be considered inadequate? The kind with wood on the walls and excellent bartenders making outstanding martinis?

Do we have something like that here in Gainesville? Any help on that would be appreciated.

njl
06-17-2007, 19:40
If anyone from GTRI would like to communicate with me about opening a membership, I would certainly appreciate it.

AFAIK, the range ownership and management doesn't frequent GT.

You can get the membership application here:

http://www.gainesvilletargetrange.com/publish/application.pdf

Or call (352) 376-8806 to talk to someone about joining the range or coming out for the open house (which AFAIK is every Sunday 4:30-5:30pm.

BTW, I'm tentatively planning an event at GTRI to sanitize a large number of hard drives.

http://www.ncfss.com/viewtopic.php?t=13&sid=b92a8277e1410d24ed2c1a182146fe2f

Norman
06-17-2007, 19:48
Originally posted by njl
AFAIK, the range ownership and management doesn't frequent GT.

You can get the membership application here:

http://www.gainesvilletargetrange.com/publish/application.pdf

Or call (352) 376-8806 to talk to someone about joining the range or coming out for the open house (which AFAIK is every Sunday 4:30-5:30pm.

BTW, I'm tentatively planning an event at GTRI to sanitize a large number of hard drives.

http://www.ncfss.com/viewtopic.php?t=13&sid=b92a8277e1410d24ed2c1a182146fe2f

Thank you, njl. :thumbsup:

FLAGLOCK19
07-01-2007, 12:30
If you would not mind I too would like to be added. I'll e-mail you some info.

Norman
07-01-2007, 16:47
Got your message, FLAGLOCK. I'll see if I can update this a bit in the near future.

BTW, for those of you who are members of GTRI, I just became a member today (7/1/07). We'll have to plan a GTRI day here in the near future for those of us who are members. And anyone here who can invite a guest, we'll try and cover a few other Gainesville GlockTalkers who are not members.

Other than that, how 'bout this rain?

FLAGLOCK19
07-19-2007, 09:41
As some of you know LT. Corey Dahlem of the Gainesville Police Department in Gainesville, Florida was hit and killed by suspected drunk driver Austin Wright the night that the University of Florida Mens Basketball team won there second National Championship Title.

LT. Dahlem was directing traffic as the cleaning crews were out cleaning the streets when a drunk driver plowed through the barriers and struck LT. Dahlem throwing him several feet away from his post. LT. Dahlem was rushed to Shands Medical Center were he later passed away from his injuries. His assailant was apprehended moments later and arrested. This weekend on "Americas Most Wanted" hosted by John Walsh they will be honoring LT. Dahlem in there segment "In The Line Of Duty" Please tune in and pay your respects to this fallen hero on Saturday July 21st @ 9pm. Thank you...

njl
07-19-2007, 19:11
Does anyone have or know someone local who has a .30 muzzle wear gauge I could meet up with to check my new CMP Inland? Due to some kind of screw-up, they seem to have sent me a Rack grade rather than Service grade carbine...and I'm curious what the muzzle measures.

Norman, any dates in mind for a GTRI meet-up? The biggest problem this time of year is the heat. You've got to get out there in the early morning or it's unbearable.

Norman
07-19-2007, 20:02
Originally posted by njl
Norman, any dates in mind for a GTRI meet-up? The biggest problem this time of year is the heat. You've got to get out there in the early morning or it's unbearable.

Well, some of the locals are doing a meet-up at Micanopy Shooting Sports the last weekend of this month.. perhaps we should try for a Saturday sometime in the next month or two. Sundays are best for me, but probably not for others here (church and all). Let's let others here throw some possible dates around for August or September, and let's make it happen.

What do you think?

FLAGLOCK19
07-20-2007, 10:11
All of you can come out on Wednesday night @ 5pm for the pin/steel shoot that we do here at Micanopy Shooting Sports. $8 a match, and we have both hardcore and fun & gun matches. 54 rounds is all you need for center fire matches. Every 4th week in the month is .22 night and you will need 90 rounds for the .22LR matches.

It is later in the day and the heat is starting to wear off from the day. You would need to show up no later than 6:15pm for the safety brief and course of fire instructions. We always encourage new shooters to come out and play. No money or trophies awarded just good old fashion fun with some really nice people. There is practice time from 5:30 till 6:15 if you are competing and that is included in your $8 match fee. So maybe this can also be something you guys can do as well.

FLAGLOCK19
07-20-2007, 10:13
Originally posted by njl
Does anyone have or know someone local who has a .30 muzzle wear gauge I could meet up with to check my new CMP Inland? Due to some kind of screw-up, they seem to have sent me a Rack grade rather than Service grade carbine...and I'm curious what the muzzle measures.

I spoke with you on the phone yesterday and when I go in today at 1:30 I'll ask Jeff if he might have one or knows where to get one.

FLAGLOCK19
07-20-2007, 12:17
[QUOTE]Originally posted by njl
[B]Does anyone have or know someone local who has a .30 muzzle wear gauge I could meet up with to check my new CMP Inland? Due to some kind of screw-up, they seem to have sent me a Rack grade rather than Service grade carbine...and I'm curious what the muzzle measures.

I spoke with Jeff at MSS when I arrived today and he suggests tring Brownells

Ron3
07-21-2007, 13:54
I'm in Jax, and I've got a Vector Uzi and Mini 14 for sale.

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=716761

Ron3

njl
08-18-2007, 19:52
Anyone up for some rifle shooting Sunday morning at GTRI? Last weekend, I worked on sighting in my Inland. I'd love to put the gong out at 100 yds and see if I can hit it.

I'm not sure I can actually get out tomorrow morning, but I figured I see if anyone else might be interested.

njl
09-22-2007, 19:47
I ended up just buying the gauge from CMP. My Inland is a 1.5. Anyone else need a muzzle measured? :)

BTW, anyone up for some shooting Sunday morning at GTRI? I'm thinking about trying to get out there early before it's unbearably hot.

njl
10-27-2007, 19:46
It looks like the weather's finally changed. I'm hoping to get out to the range sometime tomorrow.

Also, the hard drive shoot I posted about a while back...I'm still hoping to do that, probably in the next couple of weeks. Who's up for some hard drive hunting?

njl
01-27-2008, 11:08
GSSF Orlando is coming up soon (Feb 9-10). I'm hoping to go. Anyone else planning to?

I still want to have that hard drive shoot sometime...but recently its just been too cold.