Smash My Xbox 360 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Smash My Xbox 360

OXEN
11-29-2005, 08:01
http://www.smashmyxbox.com/

After we collect $430 in donations, we will take that money to a local unspecified retailer, which opens at 12am on the launch date. We will purchase the Xbox 360, and destroy it in front of the other Xbox fanboys who are already waiting in line. We will try to be at the very front of the line. The whole thing will be shot on film, and displayed on this site. This is only a social experiment, for the entertainment of the donors, and visitors of this site.

Pictures and the video on the site.

They were the first in line, they bought it and they walked outside and smashed it!

Pretty funny.

One of the better parts of the video is the guy from Best Buy trying to convince the people in line NOT to buy one because of the "glitches" it has.

One of the "glitches" he describes is one of their demo setups destroyed a Madden '06 disc. It was scratched while inside the Xbox.

---

But I think they should have waited until Best Buy was sold out then smashed it in front of the people trying to get one later that day.

What's the good in smashing it in front of people that have their own?

Bikewer
11-29-2005, 16:34
Early adopters..... When in the history of "technology" products has a new item been totally glitch-free?

MS has a fairly good rep in regards to support, and they are heavily invested in making the 360 launch "right". If there are problems, most likely they'll be ironed out.

Blitzer
11-29-2005, 16:59
Originally posted by Bikewer
Early adopters..... When in the history of "technology" products has a new item been totally glitch-free?

MS has a fairly good rep in regards to support, and they are heavily invested in making the 360 launch "right". If there are problems, most likely they'll be ironed out.

I bet you sleep with the doors and windows unlocked and skip though the flowers in the forest barefoot too? ;g `s ~rf `l

pitbull1
11-29-2005, 18:28
what a waste :soap:

DreamWeaver88
11-29-2005, 19:07
That was lame. They should have gotten one at midnight and smashed it in front of a crowd that was waiting somewhere until 8am.

DW

gh0st614
11-30-2005, 01:41
whats even funnier is that they collected $430 then smashed a $300 core system.

my ps2 was bought the first night and it just died on my about 2 months ago after I spent a week lugging it around in my backpack.

pitbull1
11-30-2005, 02:06
Originally posted by gh0st614

yeah i know he/she made a $100.00 for smashing a 300.00 console..witch took maybe a min at the most?...

OXEN
11-30-2005, 06:33
Originally posted by gh0st614

#6 in the FAQ's (http://www.smashmyxbox.com/faq.php)

# Why are you collecting $430, when the bare bones Xbox 360 is much cheaper!

We Canadians get screwed big time, especially now that the exchange rate between USD and Cad $ is crap, but the retailers still charge $100 more for each system. Futureshop sells the bare bones system for $399.99 Cnd $ ($460 including tax), which is around $390 USD. The extra money goes to cover the paypal fees.