SD Card Reader [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SD Card Reader

sigman69
12-01-2005, 12:51
hello,

also was wondering what is the best card reader out there for my digital camera? there are so many different brands and kinds....

sushi600
12-01-2005, 15:16
Never really had a problem with any brand of reader (have bought pretty much cheapest possible). Just make sure it's USB 2.0 and that's about it...

I do make a habit of write protecting my SD cards before putting them in when copying files though... but that's more paranoia than anything.

Glock Bob
12-01-2005, 17:05
My dad recommends this one (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2470623) from WalMart.com. It's a mutliple reader, not just for SD. However, it's only about $10 and shipping is around $5. He was blown away by the speed of the thing compared to the old Lexar JumpShot he was using for his CF cards.

pyblood
12-01-2005, 22:29
I remember seeing an article on different media card readers. They had all of the name brand ones and some off/no name brand ones. According to their benchmarks, the one of the cheap no name brand ones was one of the fastest. I would recommend getting one of those that does read CF cards, SD cards, and others.