A-grip and tenifer questions [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : A-grip and tenifer questions

bikethief
12-04-2005, 08:39
1. Where can i get an a-grip for my 19 locally?
2. I want a chrome finish for my slide. Will it harm the tenifer?

Thanks ng marami BOGS!

atmarcella
12-04-2005, 09:14
i bought mine here:

APL TRADING
935-Q SALINAS DR
LAHUG, CEBUG CITY
PHILIPPINES 6000
PHONE: 231-5937 OR 337-5938

i called them up and they gave me their account no. and then they sent the product thru JRS after they confirmed payment:)

no, i dont think it will harm the tenifer:)

the tenifer is embeded/absorbed by the metal:)

bikethief
12-04-2005, 09:34
Thanks atmarcella!

Pahabol question: Where can i have my finishing done? How many days does it usually take?

atmarcella
12-04-2005, 09:37
sorry i have no idea.

isuzu
12-04-2005, 09:42
The tenifer finish on the Glock pistols are good as-is. Why mess with it (and spend on a non-existing problem)? Tenifer's appearance is like hard chrome. Glock just put a phosphate coating over it so the slide's color would be black and would match the frame (which was originally black also, but now they have the OD color which is purely cosmetic).

Gun enthusiasts later found out that nickel plated shells weaken faster than non-plated ones. The explanation to this is that the brass' integrity is weakened during the annealing process. I don't know what effect chrome plating would do to your slide. It would be wise to ask around first before doing something to your Glock.

Save your money, buy ammo and practice with your gun instead.

vega
12-04-2005, 12:17
Originally posted by isuzu
The tenifer finish on the Glock pistols are good as-is. Why mess with it (and spend on a non-existing problem)? Tenifer's appearance is like hard chrome. Glock just put a phosphate coating over it so the slide's color would be black and would match the frame (which was originally black also, but now they have the OD color which is purely cosmetic).

Save your money, buy ammo and practice with your gun instead.
+ 1. The only pistol I would cosmetize is a 1911.
But if you're dead set in doing it, try Tru weight.

vega

mc_oliver
12-04-2005, 23:12
Instead of chrome, just bead blast the black finish off. Para na ring naka chrome yan. ;)

bikethief
12-05-2005, 04:13
Yes, i know messing with a glock is frowned upon by most. Just wanted to make mine a little more personalized. Sand blasting the black finish off sounds like a good idea. I'll keep researching and keep you guys updated.

Django
12-05-2005, 08:47
Originally posted by mc_oliver
Instead of chrome, just bead blast the black finish off. Para na ring naka chrome yan. ;)

Know anybody who can do a good bead blasting on a Glock Sir McO? I think my G19 needs one very badly after giving me good service for quite a time now. :)

9MX
12-05-2005, 16:57
Originally posted by Django
Know anybody who can do a good bead blasting on a Glock Sir McO? I think my G19 needs one very badly after giving me good service for quite a time now. :)

is this your IPSC competition gun? if yes, don't bother refinishing it unless you send it to the glock factory as this is not allowed by ipsc production division rules:cool:

Django
12-05-2005, 18:02
Originally posted by 9MX
is this your IPSC competition gun? if yes, don't bother refinishing it unless you send it to the glock factory as this is not allowed by ipsc production division rules:cool:

Used to be my carry and IPSC gun. I retired it from IPSC and is now totally dedicated to being a carry gun.:)

Spends most of its time next to my skin (and appendix), hence the need to refinish it. ;f

But in fairness to the Tenifer finish of Glock, there's still no sign of rust in it. ~2

Would want something (or someone) spending a lot of time next to me to be aesthetically pleasant to the eye though, hence the plan to have it bead blasted. ;f ;f

9MX
12-05-2005, 18:25
django,

if thats the case, then blast away!!!!!!!!!!!;z

Django
12-05-2005, 18:29
Hahaha. Thanks for the reminder on the refinishing of production guns. Never knew the rules were that rigid.;P

mc_oliver
12-05-2005, 19:59
For a carry gun, I've always been partial to black colors para 'di madaling makita. But if you really want to bead blast it, I think any of the known smiths can do it like Bayang, Metrillo, etc.

Teka, just make sure pala na malinis yung media na ginagamit. The problem with used media is that baka meron ng mga steel particulates. You could end up with a gun ne mey mga rust blotches later on.

Bayaan mo na lang yang G19 mo. ;)

Django
12-06-2005, 05:05
Originally posted by mc_oliver

Bayaan mo na lang yang G19 mo. ;)

Hmmm. . . ;9

OK Sir McO. You're the expert. I think you're right. Thanks. :)

bikethief
12-07-2005, 19:54
I decided to leave my G19 as is. Napamahal lang nga ako kasi i decided to get a Norinco Enhanced NP-44 hicap! Ito nalang pglalaruan ko. I'll post pics when my project gun is ready. Merry Christmas to me!