Taurus 1911 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Taurus 1911

jlkwison
12-04-2005, 19:05
Hi BOGs! Have you guys/gals know that Taurus already have their own 1911? The Frame and Slide are forged, they feature most features to be found in a custom 1911 and is hand fitted. Best of all, its affordable just like their PT series (this I got to see). Guns and ammo say their very accurate and reliable just like higher priced 1911 brands. Makes me wonder if Glock will soon come out with theirs...

PS

It comes in stainless and blued

Here's the website (http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?model=1911SS&category=Pistol)

Here's the pic

http://www.taurususa.com/imagesMain/H_1911SS.jpg

isuzu
12-04-2005, 23:12
Do you have an idea of prices in the Philippines? Who is their authorized dealer there? Taurus products have been reliable. Taurus have made a name in the firearms market. They have high quality products and very reasonable prices. As long as their 1911s parts are interchangeable with 1911s (unlike Llama), I'm sure it would be a success.

I gave my wife my Taurus PT 92 and she enjoys it. It "eats" anything you feed it with. I had the barrel cut to make it look like the Beretta Elite II and the crowning made it accurate.

jlkwison
12-04-2005, 23:49
[QUOTE]Originally posted by isuzu
[B]Do you have an idea of prices in the Philippines? Who is their authorized dealer there? Taurus products have been reliable. Taurus have made a name in the firearms market. They have high quality products and very reasonable prices. As long as their 1911s parts are interchangeable with 1911s (unlike Llama), I'm sure it would be a success.

Sir Isuzu,

The authorize dealer here in the Phil of Taurus products as I know of is Trust Trade. Last time I went to their store...around 2 weeks ago, they don't have the Taurus 1911 on display and since I only learned of the Taurus 1911 just yesterday, I was not able to make inquiries. But I'll ask them details about Taurus' new 1911 over the phone and I'll tell you what the details are and if possible the price here in the Phil. I sure hope that it performs like what Guns&Ammo said. If it does...I'm sure its gonna be a hit...if not to most well, to me at least. ;)

horge
12-04-2005, 23:58
I really dislike the chunky triggerguard and the corner-y rearstrap,
but hey, if it shoots accurately and reliably...

New_comer
12-05-2005, 00:39
There's a blued model also:

http://www.taurususa.com/imagesMain/H_1911B.jpg

Both priced at $600 US

They could be priced at around 40K if they do sell them here.

isuzu
12-05-2005, 17:38
Thanks Jlkwison! Keep us posted.:)

Vault Keeper
12-05-2005, 18:09
Nowadays everybody seems to be on the 1911 fever again! Almost all gun-maker will produce a 1911 sooner or later... but just like the other Taurus pistols, the serration, for me, is too distanced apart...

But hey, got no complains with the Taurus pistol, great and relaible gun. Use to have the PT145 which shoots good, even for the size ot it and a .45 ACP at that;f

Alexii
12-05-2005, 18:23
The article that I read said that the Taurus 1911 uses a firing pin safety unlike that of Colt's (Series 80 mechanism) and Kimber's II series (grip safety-activated). If that's so, the user cannot just swap aftermarket parts for this gun. But I believe it's just that part though.