flashlights/taclights [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : flashlights/taclights

Benj
12-06-2005, 03:07
Who is familiar with flashlights and tactical lights here? Which is generally brighter, xenon or LED?

cebuboy
12-06-2005, 03:51
xenon is nice for use outdoors. it has longer range and will cut through rain and fog. downside is heat and shorter run time. LED is nice for close up work to medium ranges. nice white beam but not so good during rain and fog. as for brightness, LED is more blinding to look at. a nice example is the gladius at urban, its got a strobe mode which could make your target epileptic:). also check out www.flashlightreviews.com

bikethief
12-06-2005, 06:02
Can't go wrong with a surefire! The surefire gladius is an amazing flashlight. It has a programmable dimmer and strobe function as cebuboy said. Check out SOE in Makati Cinema for the complete surefire line.

MR_BIG
12-06-2005, 08:09
Originally posted by bikethief
Can't go wrong with a surefire! The surefire gladius is an amazing flashlight. It has a programmable dimmer and strobe function as BENJ said. Check out SOE in Makati Cinema for the complete surefire line.

surefire 6p for me, but im planning to give it to my wife, im thinking bout getting me a e2d and a steel baton for xmas, may times na using a light+baton is better than a gun, example road rage. ;Q

bikethief
12-06-2005, 08:28
E2D + ASP baton = perfect combo. Add a good knife and your all set! Set for what, you say? Who knows... No such thing as over prepared.

MR_BIG: I don't claim to be immune to roadrage but I strongly suggest you stay in your car when tempers flare up. Too many horror stories about roadrage turning deadly and family members getting hurt. Besides, even a sub-compact car has more stopping power than a .45 cal. slug. ;f

edit: I didn't mean to preach. I'm just afraid I might be driving the same roads you are too! Shoot and drive safe bro. PM me if you want an ASP.

Peace!

atmarcella
12-06-2005, 09:39
hi benj,
i have a glock tactical light that i'd like to sell, pm me if you're intrested:)

cznayr
12-06-2005, 22:55
bike_thief,

I did just that but the guy punched the door of my car because I wouldn't go out. my car has a dimple now because of that (Saw it after the incident). I had my .40 at that time. After contemplating on it, I was glad that I didn't confront the guy. But I was really tempted to go out and punch him but the thing is I only had a PTT and if the police gets involve after I will be their milking cow.

Allegra
12-06-2005, 23:17
Here's a thought:

Are skilled shooters or martial artists still prone to violence dahil sa road rage?

I find it amusing na when I got good w/ a gun, tinamad nako mag carry . Daanin nalang sa lamig ng ulo

cebuboy
12-07-2005, 04:50
a can of bronco is good against a door punching thug:) guaranteed to make the attacker cry.

MR_BIG
12-07-2005, 06:43
E2D + ASP baton = perfect combo. Add a good knife and your all set! Set for what, you say? Who knows... No such thing as over prepared.

MR_BIG: I don't claim to be immune to roadrage but I strongly suggest you stay in your car when tempers flare up. Too many horror stories about roadrage turning deadly and family members getting hurt. Besides, even a sub-compact car has more stopping power than a .45 cal. slug. ;f

edit: I didn't mean to preach. I'm just afraid I might be driving the same roads you are too! Shoot and drive safe bro. PM me if you want an ASP.

Peace!

Sorry for making road rage an example, ill give another one, doggie attack:)

Django
12-07-2005, 17:48
Hi bikethief,

Sent you a PM.:)

bikethief
12-07-2005, 19:12
cznayr:
Ok na yun. Better the car than you. But if he goes for something more destructive like breaking your window or windshield ibang usapan na yun. If he just punched the side of your car hindi rin buo loob nun to confront you. Your decision NOT to pull out your .40 was wise and potentially lifesaving. Get a baton and/or a good pocket knife para more options ka in an SD situation.

cebuboy:
Teargas is ok if your upwind and in open air. If you spray it from inside your car baka tamaan ka rin. If you get down from your car naman then you've just escalated the situation. You leave the protection of your car as well as exposed whatever weapon you have. Kita alas kung baga.

Allegra:
My temper is still the same but mixed martial arts training has given me better decision making skills. Tactics parin nasa isip ko even when I'm raving mad. Sharper mental trigger.

Benj:
Sorry for derailing your thread a bit ha! I have a surefire xenon (G2) for self defense and for checking outside the house at night. I also have a 300 peso LED flashlight if I just need to look for something at night or, for example, fix my car in the middle of the night. Lakas sa battery ng xenon and the beam is too concentrated.

Benj
12-07-2005, 22:36
bikethief, no problem, in fact I really enjoyed reading about the things you guys posted. I just got a cheap china made xenon flashlight, am really disappointed in the brightness, I guess I just got what I paid for. So I'm getting opinions on what to get next time, definitely it won't be cheap china immitations any more hehe

akula
12-08-2005, 03:17
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/
This is where most of the 'flashaholics' converge. Check out the forums. Chinese LED (or Luxeon) lights are getting better, however Surefire is still the king for Tactical lights -- either gun mounted or hand carried. Weapons lights market is exploding with lots of new comers such as Gladius, LaRue, Pentagon, Laser Devices and others. Luxeon -- which comes in 1- or 5-watt LEDs are also progressing forward. Some output have already crossed the old xenon boundaries. The classic Surefire 6P (Xenon) is rated at around 60Lumens, while some new Chinese Luxeon 1-Watt LEDs are around 30Lumes. 5-Watt Luxeon would give you around 90-100 Lumens.

9MX
12-08-2005, 03:49
i'm happy with my E2D:cool:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/9MX/My%20Mazda%203/e2d3.jpg

akula
12-08-2005, 04:23
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/1491/mycollection200501285ra.th.jpg (http://img197.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mycollection200501285ra.jpg)
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/6554/20050515all32ye.th.jpg (http://img69.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20050515all32ye.jpg)
These was my collection at its peak. Most of these lights have been sold, retaining only the more used ones...;Q

...Yes, it was addictive in a sense.

Allegra
12-08-2005, 06:19
Originally posted by akula
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/1491/mycollection200501285ra.th.jpg (http://img197.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mycollection200501285ra.jpg)
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/6554/20050515all32ye.th.jpg (http://img69.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20050515all32ye.jpg)
These was my collection at its peak. Most of these lights have been sold, retaining only the more used ones...;Q

...Yes, it was addictive in a sense.

Many Jedi's have died for that collection

LexaDoig
12-08-2005, 08:49
Britelite Impact, rechargeable, uses 5 half-D cells but I converted it to use 3 D cells. Aluminum with a heavy head, great for bashing ;Q

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/8616/pict5707medium2ej.jpg

LexaDoig
12-08-2005, 08:56
But this is the light that I carry with me always. It's a 1W Luxeon with a collimator lens (so no bulky reflector). This is probably the world's smallest Luxeon flashlight (not including the phone of course):

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/2120/pict4016medium1qb.jpg

doctabako
12-08-2005, 09:37
The LED of the SE K700i also makes for a good emergency flashlight and I always have it with me. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/doctabako/_MG_5185.jpg

Any feedback on those "battery-less" LED flashlights that you shake to charge?. They're selling for 250 pesos each in the tiangge in front of true value and looks like a good thing to put in the car without worrying if the battery's dead or not. Do you think they're durable?

batangueno
12-08-2005, 09:55
Very nice collection akula.

I have the china xenon flashlights that we got from a group buy, courtesy of ppts. One in the car and one next to the gun inside the house. I also have an LED microlight attached to my keychain.

DocT, parang mas maganda yung AC Delco brand that they are selling in National Bookstore. I always try to ask the saleslady to demo it for me, galing nya mag-shake. ;f

doctabako
12-08-2005, 10:17
`l Nice one. What else shakes when she does that ;f

Thanks, I'll check it out.. the flashlight, I mean ;f

darwin25
12-08-2005, 19:29
cznayr:
Ok na yun. Better the car than you. But if he goes for something more destructive like breaking your window or windshield ibang usapan na yun. If he just punched the side of your car hindi rin buo loob nun to confront you. Your decision NOT to pull out your .40 was wise and potentially lifesaving. Get a baton and/or a good pocket knife para more options ka in an SD situation.

cznayr,

I bet the guy who punched your car has this false sense that he won that incident when the truth is, all you got to do is to lose your temper that day and he's maggot feed. Siguro if he'll realize what he'd gotten himself into that day and the grave risk he doesn't know he's taking by punching your car baka matauhan yung kumag na yun.

Something the other way around happend to me in Monumento about 7 years ago. There was this speeding car that almost hit me. Buti na lang nakaatras ako pero bigla din sila napapreno and the car stopped where I was. Naturally minura ko sila ng "PI". The driver and his passenger are both my age. Then the passenger said "PI mo din" and nagkaroon ng madaming pang exchange ng "PI" and other expletives. Then the passenger opened the passenger side door. Upon seeing that he will confront me. Just when he stepped his right foot out of the car, I kicked the door and it slammed on his foot. Then may napulot ako na malaking bato, yun bang pangkalang sa gulong ng kariton ng mga ambulant vendors. Binato ko yung passenger side window ng kotse, syempre basag, sabay takbo pauwi.;f

cznayr
12-08-2005, 19:46
quote:

Darwin,

That was one hell of a throw and a rock ;f

Actually kaya ako nagpigil na during that time eh i was involved in a fist fight with a barangay kagawad who was driving his jeep na munitk na akong banggain habang papark ako, siya pa nagconfront at sinampal ako.. To make the long story short eh nagulpe siya after niyang gawin yun pero yung mga kamag-anak eh rumesbak at muntik ko nang gawing mga steel plates sila... Naayos din naman after umamin yung kagawad na siya ng may kasalanan at may kasultan na wala nang gulo afterwards... After that I learned to control my temper and if confronted by agressive thugs like that i make it a point na wag na babain sa kotse.. Madali bumili ng away mahirap lumabas...

Sorry ulit sa thread hi-jack ;f

MR_BIG
12-08-2005, 20:36
guys, subukan nyo magpa-super dark tint, pag may nag cut sa inyo, kahit murahin nyo pa ng murahin at i-bad finger nyo pa di kayo makikita, at least na mailabas nyo lang, after nun, ok na uli. :)

mc_oliver
12-08-2005, 20:50
Originally posted by LexaDoig
But this is the light that I carry with me always. It's a 1W Luxeon with a collimator lens (so no bulky reflector). This is probably the world's smallest Luxeon flashlight (not including the phone of course):

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/2120/pict4016medium1qb.jpg
Uy ok yan dre ah. Does that plug into the normal cell charger socket? Saan makabili nyan and how much? Thanks.

Any feedback on those "battery-less" LED flashlights that you shake to charge?. They're selling for 250 pesos each in the tiangge in front of true value and looks like a good thing to put in the car without worrying if the battery's dead or not. Do you think they're durable?
Yan ba yung Jakolite docT? ;f Mas malakas pa yata ilaw ng screen ng cellphone ko nyan eh. ;f

Benj
12-08-2005, 22:25
Hehe, the Jakolite. A few years ago when AC Delco first released the product, they asked us to sell it in a car show. Dami tao bumili, we had some friends buy also and up to now so far so good, they haven't conked out yet. Don't know about the China made ones though.

On a side note, sarap magbenta nun, and we had some of our lady friends demo it for the people, needless to say mas madami bumili because of seeing the stroking motion being done by the ladies hahaha!

doctabako
12-09-2005, 03:30
Originally posted by mc_oliver
Uy ok yan dre ah. Does that plug into the normal cell charger socket? Saan makabili nyan and how much? Thanks.

Yan ba yung Jakolite docT? ;f Mas malakas pa yata ilaw ng screen ng cellphone ko nyan eh. ;f

Bagay na bagay nga yung pangalang iyon ;f Okay naman yung ilaw, magnetic body pa kaya pwedeng nakakapit sa metal sides ng glove compartment.

On a side note, sarap magbenta nun, and we had some of our lady friends demo it for the people, needless to say mas madami bumili because of seeing the stroking motion being done by the ladies hahaha!

The reason it caught my eye at parksquare was because I saw a nubile young lass demonstrating the product and vigorously shaking it, so I guess that promo style is really effective. ;f

LexaDoig
12-09-2005, 05:33
Originally posted by mc_oliver

It's DIY, you can't buy it anywhere, but if you're so inclined you can buy a Luxeon from RS Components, costs 900 each.

royal glockster
12-09-2005, 06:56
Originally posted by doctabako
The LED of the SE K700i also makes for a good emergency flashlight and I always have it with me. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/doctabako/_MG_5185.jpg

YEs Dok, nakabili ako nyan ok naman sya. No worry sa battery discharge, good for the car. I bought two for my two vehicles pero P100 lang isa, lako lang sa office namin.

doctabako
12-09-2005, 09:16
Originally posted by royal glockster
YEs Dok, nakabili ako nyan ok naman sya. No worry sa battery discharge, good for the car. I bought two for my two vehicles pero P100 lang isa, lako lang sa office namin.

Thanks, mas mura pa pala dapat ;f
There were 2 kinds being sold, one was priced at 150 and the other class A, according to her, for 250. Mura pa rin ang bili mo :)

Ersatz0906
12-11-2005, 09:09
Originally posted by darwin25
Something the other way around happend to me in Monumento about 7 years ago. There was this speeding car that almost hit me. Buti na lang nakaatras ako pero bigla din sila napapreno and the car stopped where I was. Naturally minura ko sila ng "PI". The driver and his passenger are both my age. Then the passenger said "PI mo din" and nagkaroon ng madaming pang exchange ng "PI" and other expletives. Then the passenger opened the passenger side door. Upon seeing that he will confront me. Just when he stepped his right foot out of the car, I kicked the door and it slammed on his foot. Then may napulot ako na malaking bato, yun bang pangkalang sa gulong ng kariton ng mga ambulant vendors. Binato ko yung passenger side window ng kotse, syempre basag, sabay takbo pauwi.;f

ahh ikaw pala yun matagal na kitang hinahanap ;f

guys is there a flashlight that could be attach on Glock Subcompact?

Benj
12-11-2005, 19:24
Additional question, what light would be appropriate to attach to an M3 rail? Nakikita ko lagi is for 1913 rail.