Cars [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cars

jerrytrini
12-07-2005, 19:02
Who among you sells cars for a living? I am in the market for one. Preciong BOGs dapat.

gundog
12-07-2005, 19:11
Originally posted by jerrytrini
Who among you sells cars for a living? I am in the market for one. Preciong BOGs dapat.

there is a group here in my village "vista real" selling hot suv's, talagang HOT!!! very cheap sana except they got busted a week or so ago. nissan patrol almost new 800kphp, volvo and bmw suv's 2.5m lg....;P

kiddding aside, dami shooters selling cars. will ask around kg presyong kapatid!!!

jerrytrini
12-07-2005, 20:13
Maraming salamat Gundog. I am looking forward shooting with you next year. I just have to get me a pistol.

PMMA97
12-08-2005, 01:40
PM me your requirements.

Chie
01-02-2006, 21:37

JT,

What type of cars are you looking for? My dad is disposing 3 units :)

jerrytrini
01-03-2006, 05:55
I am open to any car within my budget of course.

isuzu
01-03-2006, 17:44
JT,

If there's a Toyota Corolla available, get one. They last!

jerrytrini
01-03-2006, 18:19
When I was stationed in Okinawa, Japan, I had a Toyota Corolla that never stalled, failed etc on me. It was 1969 model, I bought it in 1976 for $500.00 then I sold in 1979 again for $500.00. This is not product plug in but I would buy a Saturn instead. I have a 1997 Saturn with over 130,000 miles in it. The engine purrs like it is new, the AC is a cold as ever and body wouldn't rust.

ppts799
01-03-2006, 19:31
my boss is selling her Toyota Fortuner 4X2 silver. it hasn't left the Toyota Makati Store so it is brand new. she changed her mind and got an isuzu(?) instead. so she is selling it at the same price she bought it, no waiting for unit anymore because it is already available.

isuzu
01-03-2006, 19:52
When I was stationed in Okinawa, Japan, I had a Toyota Corolla that never stalled, failed etc on me. It was 1969 model, I bought it in 1976 for $500.00 then I sold in 1979 again for $500.00. This is not product plug in but I would buy a Saturn instead. I have a 1997 Saturn with over 130,000 miles in it. The engine purrs like it is new, the AC is a cold as ever and body wouldn't rust.

The engines on Saturns are good. A friend of mine serviced a Saturn that the lady owner forgot to change the oil for 15,000 kms. He changed the oil twice before the oil became decently clear.

The only complaint I have on the Saturn is that their door handles and lock are somehow easily break. Saturns now have plastic fenders so they don't rust.:) They're phasing out the ION for a better model.

jbuisan
01-03-2006, 20:01
im selling mine. 1998 nissan terrano all power executive series...

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b203/jnusmib/003.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b203/jnusmib/002.jpg

jasonub
01-04-2006, 05:04
i have a 96 mazda sedan with about 130t kms. its yours for 120t.

kcboy
01-04-2006, 07:14
im selling my 00 trooper 4jx1 engine 777 plate. 70k kms. 670,000.

mikey177
01-04-2006, 17:59
Originally posted by ppts799
my boss is selling her Toyota Fortuner 4X2 silver. it hasn't left the Toyota Makati Store so it is brand new.

Pio, is your boss selling a gas or diesel variant Fortuner?

Check out this thread on Tsikot.com about Toyota D4D engine woes (http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23197) as some members there have reported problems with their diesel Innovas, which share the same D4D engine as the Fortuner and Hilux. These problems include hard starting and choking/konking out while running.

AFAIK, the problem is related to the D4Ds fuel pump which, it seems, has a hard time coping with the quality of our diesel fuel.

isuzu
01-04-2006, 23:48
Originally posted by mikey177
Pio, is your boss selling a gas or diesel variant Fortuner?

Check out this thread on Tsikot.com about Toyota D4D engine woes (http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23197) as some members there have reported problems with their diesel Innovas, which share the same D4D engine as the Fortuner and Hilux. These problems include hard starting and choking/konking out while running.

AFAIK, the problem is related to the D4Ds fuel pump which, it seems, has a hard time coping with the quality of our diesel fuel.

My parents bought a Toyota Hi-Lux in the Philippines with a 1KD-FTV 3.0 engine. They use it everyday, and there's no fuel-related problem with the Hi-Lux. I don't know if the UN Hi-Luxes have the same diesel engine as the Hi-Luxes in the Philippines.

Where I presently live, the sulfur content of diesel fuel is much higher compared to diesel fuel in the Philippines. IMHO, diesel fuel there is much better.

Before I left, here were also a lot of Nissan Patrols that had fuel injection pump problems.

mikey177
01-05-2006, 00:34
Hi isuzu. I wasn't referring to the older Toyota diesel engines, but to the new D4-D diesel engine that powers their latest generation IMV Project vehicles.

In any event, I have no firsthand experience with Toyota diesels. I'm just passing on the firsthand experiences that other drivers have had with their new Toyotas since a new car represents a big monetary investment and as such, it shouldn't give you any major headaches, especially in its first years of operation.

ppts799
01-05-2006, 23:07
mikey : yup, it's diesel. thanks for the heads up.

isuzu
01-05-2006, 23:09
Originally posted by mikey177
Hi isuzu. I wasn't referring to the older Toyota diesel engines, but to the new D4-D diesel engine that powers their latest generation IMV Project vehicles.

In any event, I have no firsthand experience with Toyota diesels. I'm just passing on the firsthand experiences that other drivers have had with their new Toyotas since a new car represents a big monetary investment and as such, it shouldn't give you any major headaches, especially in its first years of operation.

Hi Mikey! Not a problem at all. I've seen the link. The older Toyota diesel engines such as the 3L and 3L-T are okay with "dirty" diesel. They have the "old" combustion chamber type design, which can tolerate "dirty" diesel fuel.

The 1KD-FTV 3.0 engine is the same engine used in both the Hi-Lux and Fortuner diesels. It's a new generation diesel engine with common rail, etc. They bought the Hi-Lux last year, and so far it hasn't choked. ;f My brother's Trooper with the new generation engine had its fuel injectors changed by the dealer under warranty because it couldn't handle "dirty" diesel fuel. Otherwise, it could have cost him P25,000.00 A friend also had his Nissan Patrol's injection pump replaced under warranty due to the same reason.

From my experience with diesel engines and fuel: if you gas up at a gasoline station that becomes flooded when it rains, chances are that the fuel can be contaminated by water because of old underground tanks, old pipes and loose seals. That could cause the engine to skip when the water separator in the fuel line is already full of water.

Hope Toyota rectfies their problem if more cases come up. Thanks for the heads up. At least I could inform my parents if ever the Hi-Lux encounters such problems.

mikey177
01-06-2006, 01:10
You're welcome, isuzu. Like your borther, some posters over at Tsikot have been having problems with their new Troopers also. Mahirap talaga maging test subjects pagdating sa pagbili ng bagong modelo ng sasakyan :)

isuzu
01-06-2006, 08:10
Just like Nokia cellphones, Mikey. The Philippines always get the new models. Why? Because I suspect they test their new models there, knowing that Filipinos are heavy cellphone users, and would likely to modify the software/hardware of their cellphones.

When Nokia encounters a problem with a new model, it's back to the drawing board. Then an "i" model comes out.

I think it's much cheaper to release a model and sort out the problems later (even if they have to declare a recall) than perfecting a product before releasing it for sale.

I think the Filipino has learned to wait for a while to buy a new product before problems with it are identified and corrected. We somehow manage to beat them.

Have a great weekend!;Y