notebook [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : notebook

gunfool
12-08-2005, 04:12
Guys,

Planning to buy a new laptop as a gift to my 15 year daughter this christmas. Any brand you guys can recommend? Actually, I have a brand new HP Pavilion ze2000 which is only 5 days old but sure di nya to gusto kasi malaki screen. To be honest, I have no idea when it comes to the latest laptops and all. In fact, I bought mine just because the saleslady was cute and can speak good english.;f
Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Jun

Django
12-08-2005, 06:10
You never could go wrong with IBM. Price on the high side but tops in quality.:)

calcite
12-08-2005, 06:20
Toshiba matibay. And get one with wireless LAN.

i_am_infinity
12-08-2005, 08:19
Sir gunfool...adopt mo na lang ako....akin na lang ung HP mo ;)

jundeleon
12-08-2005, 09:21
gunfool

Here are some of the models that I am looking at to replace my aging asus L35 series (pentium 4 2.4ghz)

1. acer tm3002 WTCi at 99,000
2. fujitsu s 7021 at 119,000
3. compaq presario b1821 at 89,950
4. benq (forgot the model) at 89,900
5. asus W5n at 120,000

All are mid range (in price) ultraportables powered by pentium m or centrino with at least 1.8ghz, 512mb memory, at least 60gb hard disk, dvd drive, wifi and the latest connectivity devices and portability at just over 1kg in weight.

If budget permits, i think maganda sony vaio (the new slim line models), toshiba, or apple i book.

cnet and zdnet websties have ratings for laptops which may interest you.

mc_oliver
12-08-2005, 21:09
My wife uses a Sony VAIO VGN-FS28GP. At the price she got it, kahit sa Singapore mo bilhin dre, mag tour ka sa Sentosa, mag midnight Safari at pumuntang Juron Bird Park, mey tira ka pa pang KTV compared to the local price dito sa Pinas. ;)

revo
12-08-2005, 21:22
I have five laptops at home - Toshiba, Acer, Compaq, IBM, Dell and HP.

Here is how I rank them -

1) IBM
2) HP
3) Dell
4) Toshiba
5) Acer

gunfool
12-08-2005, 21:49
Keep 'em coming guys!

Actually she phoned me last night. She is dropping her nokia n70 request just to make sure she have her laptop this christmas. What she want actually is small one and light. Mas mahal ba mga sir pag mas maliit? I just hope it won't cost me $2,000 or more. Yari lahat kupit ko sa travel allowance.;f The reason actually am giving her all these, is para di nya ako kontrahin sa new project ko. ;a ;a ;a

bikethief
12-08-2005, 22:37
Get a mac! ibook or powerbook, you can't go wrong. Tapos with matching iPod Video.

jundeleon
12-08-2005, 23:37
Suggestion lang if I may.

Why not a pda-phone like an Ipaq 6500, Ipaq 6365, or Treo 650? Its much more portable, basic functions of a laptop are provided (word processing, excel, powerpoint, video, and audio playing, and can be had at one third or half the price of a notebook. Plus, netsurfing and email anywhere through wifi or gprs. Mas madali pa i gift wrap.
Of course, the screen is much smaller.

With about $1,000 in savings, you can start another open gun. Or better yet, you may want to share the savings with the rest of BoGs in any KTV of your choice in the spirit of the Christmas season. Sama natin yan saleslady na yan.

Teka, para sa daughter ba talaga?

mc_oliver
12-08-2005, 23:37
Originally posted by gunfool
The reason actually am giving her all these, is para di nya ako kontrahin sa new project ko. ;a ;a ;a
Ano yan dre, improvement dun sa "spa" ni neighbor? Nyehehehe!!!;f;f;f

gunfool
12-09-2005, 03:10
Good suggestion jun and bikethief. I will call my daughter tonight and will ask if she will consider these gadgets and all. (and yes sir sa daughter talaga) To be honest am no longer updated with the new gadgets. Lagi kasing baril ina-atupag. ;f Regarding the KTV, call ako dyan pagbalik ko. Am still in Xiamen by the way. Bwesit daming pinagagawa na di kasama sa sched ko dito.

Oliver: Good boy na ako pare! ;P ;P ;P

Can some please translate in chinese, ang ganda mo, gusto kita, magkano? Wala lang baka sakaling magamit ko dito.;f ;f ;f

antediluvianist
12-09-2005, 08:55
Originally posted by bikethief
Get a mac! ibook or powerbook, you can't go wrong. Tapos with matching iPod Video.

Bought a Mac Ibook for my daughter. Was P65,000 on promo about 6 months ago. The graphics are really good , and as a Mac it's very user-friendly. You can set it up to understand voice commands from across the room .

Mang Danny
12-09-2005, 13:09
Get the Sony S series. Wireless Lan, long battery life and lightweight. Perfect for a young lady.