Project NP-44 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Project NP-44

bikethief
12-09-2005, 11:45
I'm set on getting me one of these as soon as trustrade's stocks arrive. It's the Norinco NP-44. It's a ParaOrd Hi-cap clone. Any reviews and/or other recommendations? This will be my first 1911 and I want to make sure I get a keeper! Thanks!

Allegra
12-09-2005, 11:54
start asking around for a good gunsmith :) you will need it

isuzu
12-09-2005, 18:12
Hi bikethief!

Do you have the website of Norinco Sports? I tried looking for it, but I couldn't find it.

Thanks!

isuzu
12-09-2005, 18:42
Originally posted by isuzu
Hi Bikethief!

Do you have the website of Norinco Sports? I tried looking for it, but I couldn't find it.

Thanks!

Found it, Bikethief. The website had a .cn instead of a .com.

i_am_infinity
12-09-2005, 21:09
bikethief,

any idea as to how much it is?

bikethief
12-09-2005, 21:36
Trustrade is saying it will go for around 22 thou.I'm guessing kaunting dehorning lang and some fit and finish work ok na. My glock 19 will still be my primary carry gun. I just feel that I need a 1911 to be called a true PISTOLERO!

atmarcella
12-09-2005, 22:26
is norinco steel better than armscor? if not, why get a norinco?:)

Valor1
12-10-2005, 00:07
Got no idea on this one. It's not yet available in the market so I guess no one can comment. Having owned a Norinco, the steel is good but machining marks is always the norm. The only reason I chose it is because of the reputation of the steel's strength and my gunsmith has proven it to be so.

At the price they are offering it (around P22thou), I guess Ill take the Armscor (I'm a bit of patriotic)high cap.:) The Armscor's are good out of the box. If you shoot about 10,000 rounds in one year (P5.00 reloads x 10,000 rds = P 50,000), sulit ka na. He he he

mc_oliver
12-11-2005, 21:21
bikethief, did they confirm that you can use Para-compatible mags for these? Last I know, the widebody Norcs used proprietary mags, kaya di nag-click dati.

Available kaya to sa 9 o super? ;);f hehehehe

mtho
12-20-2005, 10:26
mco,
pareho daw yung mag ng bagong hicap na norinco sa para.
siguro mas matibay ito kasi forge frames yung mga norinco, pero yung mga bagong hicap na armscor wala nang butas yung ilalim ng grips pag tanggal mo ng grips and grip screw bushing pwede nang lagyang ng skateboard tape di na kelangan ibuildup at medyo pabilog na yung front strap kopyangkopya nang paraord. tapos pansinin nyo yung mga hammer ng arms corp parang pareho na sa kimber at chipmccormick. nakasubukan ko magdrop in ng hammer and sear ng chip mccormick around 2.5lbs yung trigger pull at malutong pa lang creep drop in lang ha di na kinalikot ng gunsmith ko sinalpak lang. pero di kolang sure yung sa arms corp kung binili nila sa supplier ng mccormick yung hammer o kinopya nila yun.

Django
12-20-2005, 18:59
Originally posted by bikethief
I'm set on getting me one of these as soon as trustrade's stocks arrive. It's the Norinco NP-44. It's a ParaOrd Hi-cap clone. Any reviews and/or other recommendations? This will be my first 1911 and I want to make sure I get a keeper! Thanks!

There is already a demo unit in 9mm (assuming they're one and the same model)at the Federal Gun Exchange. You can check it out for size. I find it too blocky though, and as usual, the finish of Norinco leaves much to be desired. IMO Armscor Hicap still looks and feels better.