Crotch rocket gear 4 sale [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Crotch rocket gear 4 sale

tyesai
12-09-2005, 15:36
I am not in a big rush to get rid of this stuff although it has been sittng around for awhile, just when I think of it I like to throw it out there for someone, maybe someday I'll get off my but and do the e=bay thing but I just assume not to. I have pics if you anyone is interested, I would like to sell the whole lot for $425 not including shipping but I am getting kind of tired looking at it so I would piece it out. Here is what I got.

Sidi Vertebrae boots, 10 and 1/2. Few scuff marks still smell new, only rode about 2000 miles in them. paid $250

AlpineStar GP plus gloves, black/carbon fiber, look cool, a worn a little more than the boots but still in good shape. Reg size, paid $225

Shoei Large helmet with American flag graphics, excellent condition, paid $400

Joe Rocket Ballistics Jacket XL excellent codition with removalable liner, black and blue. Paid $150

Pit Bull rear stand, good condition, paid, I don't remember but it was more than $100.

If someone could use this stuff I would really really like to get rid of the whole lot, would make a perfect setup for a newer rider without all the proper gear just yet. Like I said I have pics, if you are interested PM me or post and as soon as I see it I will get the pics to you. As far as price, make a reasonable offer, or take it all for $425, I think it is a good deal.

BikerRN
12-09-2005, 22:46
I wish the boot were my size. :(

As far as the helmet, I won't buy a used helmet, but I do have one on my Christmas List for the wife to suprise me with on Christmas morning.

Take care and happy holidays.

tyesai
12-10-2005, 09:31
What kind of bike ya got?

phool
12-11-2005, 21:38
Why wouldn't you buy a used helmet?

BikerRN
12-15-2005, 07:07
I wouldn't buy a used helmet because I don't know if it has been dropped or stored in the garage.

Dropping a helmet ruins it, they are designed to be used one time only and a drop is the same as a crash as far as a helmet is concerned. Storing a helmet in the garage allows the fumes from paint, gas, and whatever else is in the garage to deterioate the liner of the helmet.

No thanks, my head is worth more. I buy a new helmet every two years, and that's if it hasn't been dropped, crashed, or seen solvents/gas.

fnfalman
12-15-2005, 09:07
The manufacturers usually advise changing the helmet every five years barring any major damages like dropping or in an accident because they take into account the average usage of the helmet and its exposure to the sun (degrading the shell) and its exposure to sweat (degrading the liner and the foam protection layer).

I'm with BikerRn. I'm switching mine out every two years because I ride a lot.

XxMerlinxX
12-17-2005, 04:54
How much for just the rear stand?

tyesai
12-18-2005, 13:25
So you know it is the spool type stand, I used it when I had my Busa, I just looked they are $126 new, I'll sell it for $75, plus shipping.

tyesai
01-31-2006, 17:22
Bump

I still have this stuff, although I did get a few beers in me two days ago and opened an e-bay account. Now if I can just get the time without the wife and kid around I will put it up there.

Takers? Just make an offer on something. I have figured out to post pics so here is all the stuff together.

http://img378.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img01564qv.jpg

fnfalman
01-31-2006, 17:36
I'd love to help out but none of those gears fit me and my needs.

tyesai
01-31-2006, 18:46
Originally posted by fnfalman
I'd love to help out but none of those gears fit me and my needs.

It's cool, thanks, I would like to find the average sized guy that really needs everything all at once, but maybe it is just a pipe dream. I am a little fat now but one time I was the epitome of average. 5'10" 185lbs size 10 and 1/2 shoes, regular gloves, large helmet, large jacket. Just throwing it out there for some people here at this site.