Can anyone please help ?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone please help ??

12-10-2005, 21:15
I need to get a thigh holster for an operation at work that is in the pipe-line.

I need one that I can wear COVERTLY under a skirt. It also needs to fit a Glock 17.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction. I have tried 'sidearmour' and they don't do this type of holster. I know people do do them.

My department has issued me with one which is a POS. They said I can wear another one which is more comfortable if I find and pay for it.

LC
:cool:

polygonal
12-12-2005, 00:23
I don't know of any thigh rigs that are designed to go that high up your thigh. The G17 is quite the challenge. For something special like this I'd think a smaller more compact gun would be a must. My G36 would fit the bill quite nicely. Or maybe a G23. The pic. attached shows a "Smart Carry" holster at the far left. It is designed to be worn under loose fitting pants or jeans and can hold full size autos such as the 1911. It's said you just reach down the front of your pants and pull out the weapon. I don't know if this could be made to work for you but it's what came to mind regarding your problem. The only other thing I can think of is one of those straight plain belly bands with the adjustable straps to hold any gun. You might be able to rig it to fit around your thigh. Sorry could'nt supply a better solution....Good Luck!

12-12-2005, 14:34
I have to use a G17 as that is departmental issue weapons. I *might* be able to use a G19, but that would be it.

LC

April
12-12-2005, 15:36
Hey look.. 1st post in wimmins issures (I think)

Anyhow.. I know Galco makes a thigh band for the G26, the part that goes in the holster would be demintionaly the same as a G17.

What did they issue you?

MrsKitty
12-12-2005, 17:07
Louise, have you asked in CopTalk? Some of those guys might have suggestions :)

obxprnstar
12-14-2005, 21:49
A weapon up the skirt eh?

Super Shorty
12-15-2005, 14:30
Originally posted by misskitty5077
Louise, have you asked in CopTalk? Some of those guys might have suggestions :)

hhmmm....you think any of those guys have experience wearing guns under their skirts??
;z
...sorry...couldn't resist.

MrsKitty
12-16-2005, 23:49
Originally posted by obxprnstar
A weapon up the skirt eh?

Bah!

They might know what women in their dept use silly ;Q

AnimalK
12-17-2005, 23:14
I can see it now...Louise sits down and CLUNK!! ;f I think the Smart Carry or Thunderwear may work.

Lenny Magill sells this for women and men...
Undercover Comfort (http://www.glockstore.com/pgroup_descrip/336/6666/?return=%3f)

Vic303
12-18-2005, 14:30
Louise, a SmartCarry would work fine under a skirt, provided it's not a skintight skirt...Would your dept consider authorizing Smartcarry use?

ThreadKiller
12-19-2005, 07:50
I guess I haven't been keeping up with fashion like I should but I would think that a SmartCarry teamed with a "sweater set" (I think that's right) would be the way to go. The top is usually kinda sorta bulky around the waist and the two piece design ought to allow for fairly easy/quick access. The skirt is usually stretchy so it ought to work well with the SmartCarry and be relatively comfortable at the same time.

Again, I don't know if these "sweater sets" are still fashionable and if I'm using the right terminology for the outfit or not.

The draw wouldn't be as nearly as entertaining but definitely much quicker than a thigh rig. :)

12-25-2005, 17:00
Originally posted by Vic303
Louise, a SmartCarry would work fine under a skirt, provided it's not a skintight skirt...Would your dept consider authorizing Smartcarry use?

I can always ask. Do you have any links at all. The skirt is NOT skin tight. It needs to be under the skirt as the companies uniform blouse is too tight around the waist to have a weapon tucked into the waist band, or under the blouse.

LC

mitchshrader
12-25-2005, 17:10
but...

[$

12-26-2005, 19:16
Originally posted by mitchshrader
but...

[$

I will see what I can do for you when I get the uniform through.

LC

another okie
12-27-2005, 07:51
Here is the link to the thigh holster referred to above:

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterT3.asp?ProductID=2638&CatalogID=374

The pictures all show it with a snub nosed revolver, but as noted above it does come for a Glock 26 and the frame that goes into the holster is the same for a 17 and a 26. I have no guarantee that the 17 will fit (you should probably ask them) but I bet it does. I have a Galco ankle glove (an ankle holster) for the 26, and the 17 fits in it just fine. Odds are the body of the holster used for the thigh holster is the same as the ankle holster. In fact, you could probably use an ankle holster if you had really skinny legs.

MrsKitty
12-27-2005, 14:18
Originally posted by LimeyCop
I can always ask. Do you have any links at all. The skirt is NOT skin tight. It needs to be under the skirt as the companies uniform blouse is too tight around the waist to have a weapon tucked into the waist band, or under the blouse.

LC

http://www.smartcarry.com/

Scarface
12-27-2005, 15:05
Hi LimeyCop,

We just began to carry an adjustable Thigh Pocket holster designed with the help of our female family members. It adjusts up or down the thigh, dependent on what you are wearing and the size of the pistol.
Please look at the Thigh Pocket at Ankle Pocket.com. At $24.99, it won't break the bank.
If you decide it fits your needs, on the order form please give us your waist size in the comments section. Each waist support belt is cut individually. By the way, it's made in beige tones to give additional help in secreting it under a skirt or shorts.
Right now, we're out of stock, but should have more within several weeks, if that meets your needs.

Be Well,

Scarface

01-02-2006, 09:26
Originally posted by Scarface
Hi LimeyCop,

We just began to carry an adjustable Thigh Pocket holster designed with the help of our female family members. It adjusts up or down the thigh, dependent on what you are wearing and the size of the pistol.
Please look at the Thigh Pocket at Ankle Pocket.com. At $24.99, it won't break the bank.
If you decide it fits your needs, on the order form please give us your waist size in the comments section. Each waist support belt is cut individually. By the way, it's made in beige tones to give additional help in secreting it under a skirt or shorts.
Right now, we're out of stock, but should have more within several weeks, if that meets your needs.

Be Well,

Scarface

Thanks. This is exactly what I need. The fact that it is a beigey colour will help it hide under a white blouse too.

Tks.

LC