Potent Stuff [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Potent Stuff

antediluvianist
12-11-2005, 04:13
I took my office personnel to Liliw Resort (has closed down by now) about 15 years ago for the annual company outing. Bought a couple of gallons (cheap!) of lambanog for them to drink on the bus on the way home. God, what a riot on that bus in the 2 hours coming back to Makati!

Incidentally, if you are asked to one of those one-jug-of-lambanog-for-six-or-seven-people-but-only-one-glass events, be sure you are up to it. Since there's only one glass, it's bad manners to spend a long time drinking when the glass gets to you, so you have to drink your glass of lambanog fast; secondly, those old ladies in Laguna, Quezon etc. have been drinking lambanog all their lives and they can drink more than an average man from Manila.

The first liquid that is drawn out of a still is thrown away as it is POISONOUS.

Allegra
12-11-2005, 04:26
Our tri club usually trains at the beach sa Laiya,San Juan ( best beach close to mla )
On the way, we get lambanog sa tabi tabi , yung tindahan ng nagbebenta ng gas sa bote ng coke para sa tricycle
Pag tinamaan ka na, pareho na lasa ng unleaded at ng lambanog

3kings
12-11-2005, 05:00
i remember during an office outing to sariaya, quezon 12yrs ago. we started drinking past alabang and somewhere tiaong we consumed and finished 2 gallons of lambanog. went blackout. didnt even saw the beach. well most of us drunk didnt even bother knowing where to go. woke up back in makati (as well as the rest of my drinking buddies).

PMMA97
12-11-2005, 14:13
Now these stories got me curious! I never tried one and my instinct tells me I will ENJOY this stuff. :)

batangueno
12-11-2005, 21:15
Originally posted by 3kings
i remember during an office outing to sariaya, quezon 12yrs ago. we started drinking past alabang and somewhere tiaong we consumed and finished 2 gallons of lambanog. went blackout. didnt even saw the beach. well most of us drunk didnt even bother knowing where to go. woke up back in makati (as well as the rest of my drinking buddies).
;P ;z ;f

darwin25
12-11-2005, 23:29
Originally posted by antediluvianist

Incidentally, if you are asked to one of those one-jug-of-lambanog-for-six-or-seven-people-but-only-one-glass events, be sure you are up to it. Since there's only one glass, it's bad manners to spend a long time drinking when the glass gets to you, so you have to drink your glass of lambanog fast;

There's a downside to tagay-tagay in one glass. I remember one time a few years ago umiinom kami ng lambanog, tagay tagay sa isang baso, then suddenly one of the guest we were drinking with coughed up blood. ;g ;g He has tuberculosis pala. :soap: And we were drinking from the same glass! "Oh what the heck" somebody said. Alcohol naman iniinom namin. Matinding disinfectant yun lambanog ;f ;f