Recovering Files from Compact Flash card ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Recovering Files from Compact Flash card ?

PineyFolks
12-11-2005, 18:26
Greetings--

Well... a number of JPG files got deleted from our camera's Compact Flash card before they got copied to the HDD.

I looked around in the Net and found numerous programs that will see and recover the deleted files.

But-- so far, all of the various programs' trial versions recovered the files, but the recovered and saved files are only 160x120 resolution files. The originals were 1024x768 images. No notes in the programs' docs indicate that a full size file save was disabled in the demo versions.

What gives here ???? If the program recovered the original files, then why the low resolution ?

Thanks--

==RR==

jack19512
12-12-2005, 07:51
Because they probably want you to buy the full version. They are just showing you the program can do this, but that is what you are going to have unless you purchase their product.

PineyFolks
12-12-2005, 11:39
UPDATE--

A fellow on a SeaDoo board I read over suggsted I look at Zero Assumption software. They offer a free version designed for use with digital camera cards. Whoohoo == It worked ! Got all the files and in the correct resolution !

If their comercial version for HHD's works this well, they've got my business when the need arises !!

http://www.z-a-recovery.com/