Anyone have a Toshiba Portege M200 Tablet? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Toshiba Portege M200 Tablet?

freakshow10mm
12-12-2005, 18:53
I am looking real hard at the M200 convertable. It is on the top of the lists of most every laptop/nerdball magazine as a real good buy.
I was cruising around on the toshiba sight and found one that's doable for $1699. Price is kinda a concern. I am trying to get a decent tablet for a decent price, but something that performs too. Not some neutered and butchered laptop.

I heard good things about the Averatec 3500 for $1300. I haven't really heard much about them and would rather stick with something that has been around a while like Dell, Toshiba, IBM, Gateway, etc. Something trustworthy.

I am thinking of getting rid of my Dell 4600C desktop. I got it loaded up pretty good, lots of options and extras. I hate to part with it because it is an awesome computer. And paid off. I don't really use it much in line with the intent of what I bought it for. I play some games on it, but with the M200, I could play the same ones. It has features I paid for but never got around to using. I am wondering if I can even get what I want for it. Probably not. I checked eBay and there are the same models with less options going for the range I would be satisfied with getting for mine. I don't know for sure.

I am thinking of a notebook or convertable as a replacement for the desktop, but with mobility in mind. I am going to get either an ultra-lightweight laptop (sub 4.5#)or a convertable. I would like to take notes and stuff while in class and not have to worry about waiting around for a computer to open up so I can do some schoolwork. Just go somewhere and start typing. I can also take it to school with me in a backpack when I take my cycle to school.

Anyone have one?