To hell with Microsoft and Gamestop [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : To hell with Microsoft and Gamestop

kswiss2783
12-13-2005, 12:38
When I preordered my xbox360 in September I was told I would get the system around mid December. I called my gamestop today and asked if I would be getting it this week. They said no and it will be a long time. WTF! Why did I bother preordering one if I have to wait so long!

DreamWeaver88
12-13-2005, 19:22
Yeah, Microsoft blew it with it worldwide launch almost all at the same time. The system isn't even flying off the shelves in Japan from what I've heard (they really do hate anything we make). They should have just waited on Japan for a few months and had more systems here.

Also, Gamestop and EB Games both sold way too many pre-orders. Hopefully they learned a lesson here......but not likely.

DW

aglocker1911
12-14-2005, 20:48
Every place I talked to about doing a pre order back in August (EB games, Gamestop, and Blockbuster) all said the same thing. Yes, a pre order will guarantee you one of the first systems. But when pushed for a guarantee such as "Will you put that in writing?", they ALL began to hedge. Well, we can't be sure your order will fall into the first batch, it depends on how many we are allocated, etc. No thanks. I'l wait until next year when supply is good, prices are normal, and the first round of "bugs" has been worked out. In the meantime, lots of good games still coming out on for my original Xbox, so I don't feel too left out!

BTW, it just doesn't seem right to me that so many people go in the day of launch and get to buy a system (most of them scavengers just buying on to try to make a buck for that matter) while people who reserved one months ago are now being told they may not see theirs until next year. If there aren't enough availabe to fill orders that are already prepaid (or at least with deposits down) how can there be so many to sell to the "first come first served" crowd?

blasto
12-16-2005, 13:19
MS told retailers ahead ot time it was not going to ship that many systems in order to have "Sold Out" appear all over the place.

It's all about the hype machine making it appear that there is more demand than product when MS just didn't make that may units to artificially create a situation that, again, make it look to uninformed that everyone has an x360 except for you.

Don't get me started on the whole xbox 360 thing either (how ****ing childish can you get) as opposed to calling it xbox2.

kswiss2783
12-16-2005, 16:22
Originally posted by blasto
MS told retailers ahead ot time it was not going to ship that many systems in order to have "Sold Out" appear all over the place.

It's all about the hype machine making it appear that there is more demand than product when MS just didn't make that may units to artificially create a situation that, again, make it look to uninformed that everyone has an x360 except for you.

Don't get me started on the whole xbox 360 thing either (how ****ing childish can you get) as opposed to calling it xbox2.

Who cares what its called...

gunz
12-19-2005, 03:04
I whole heartedly agree with your opinion of Microsoft!!! I can't say I blame the retailers as they can only sell what they receive from the manufacturers. I did not preorder due to my not knowing where I would be on launch date, so I decided I would try and get a system if I could.
The fact that MS produced so few and knew that this would happen has made me change my mind about wanting the system. If they can't meet my demand when I want the system I have decided that I will just wait until the PS3 comes out.
I also wonder how many of those people who preordered or stood in line for days were just doing it to make a few bucks off ebay? This whole situation has left me with a bad taste in my mouth for MS and their business practices. While I can't do anything about supporting their computer end of their company, I can sure as heck not support their video game arm of the company. I have decided that due to their inability to get me a system when I wanted it I will save my money and spend it with a company who will ensure that their customers recieve prompt service!

mitchshrader
12-19-2005, 07:04
think of the kittens!;L

Tc300mag1
12-19-2005, 08:17
look at how many they gave away to all the actors rappers and other so called important people they were giving them 2-3 for each person

kswiss2783
12-20-2005, 15:01
Originally posted by gunz
I whole heartedly agree with your opinion of Microsoft!!! I can't say I blame the retailers as they can only sell what they receive from the manufacturers. I did not preorder due to my not knowing where I would be on launch date, so I decided I would try and get a system if I could.
The fact that MS produced so few and knew that this would happen has made me change my mind about wanting the system. If they can't meet my demand when I want the system I have decided that I will just wait until the PS3 comes out.
I also wonder how many of those people who preordered or stood in line for days were just doing it to make a few bucks off ebay? This whole situation has left me with a bad taste in my mouth for MS and their business practices. While I can't do anything about supporting their computer end of their company, I can sure as heck not support their video game arm of the company. I have decided that due to their inability to get me a system when I wanted it I will save my money and spend it with a company who will ensure that their customers recieve prompt service!

I don't blame you one bit. Unfortunately, they do not make Halo for Playstation.