problem with my armscor 40cal [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : problem with my armscor 40cal

alpha1g23
12-14-2005, 11:31
Newbie rin po ako, i got armscor 40 cal just got it 2days ago testfired 15rnds with fmj it works well, less than 2inch grouping head shoots at 20meters, i tried to load it with a reloads it wouldnt feed in the chamber, do you guys know any gunsmith? any advice tnx in advance .

Mang Danny
12-14-2005, 11:43
I would not consider 15 rounds as break-in. 2 inch group at 20 meters i excellent. Shoot it some more before going to a gunsmith.

alpha1g23
12-14-2005, 11:59
thanks for the advice sir danny

Eye Cutter
12-14-2005, 16:07
buntis mga reloads mo. you need to gauge your ammo before using it. use your barrel to measure your rounds. Or go buy a dillon or EGW ammo gauge. You can also have a machine shop fabricate one for you. They need to measure your barrel chamber.

what do you want done with your pistol?

vega
12-14-2005, 16:09
Welcome to the forum!;c
The FMJ, was it factory loads? The reloads might be the problem and not the pistol. That's why it is advisable to use factory loads when you break-in a pistol. That way if there's a problem you already eliminated the ammo being used. Well some pistols are picky. You said it wouldn't feed in the chamber, is it bulging? Like what Danny said, shoot it some more.

vega

mc_oliver
12-14-2005, 17:41
Tight ang chambers ng armscor at matalas yung opening edges. "Di pede basta-basta na reloads. What I did to mine was to have it reamed and polished para 'di na masyado mapili sa bala. Just make sure the gunsmith you pick has a lot of experience doing it though.

Allegra
12-14-2005, 18:46
Originally posted by alpha1g23
Newbie rin po ako, i got armscor 40 cal just got it 2days ago testfired 15rnds with fmj it works well, less than 2inch grouping head shoots at 20meters, i tried to load it with a reloads it wouldnt feed in the chamber, do you guys know any gunsmith? any advice tnx in advance .

15 rnds w/ 2 inch grouping at 20 yards and your a newbie!!
Dat's mighty fine shooting

Pards, the fact that it worked w/ branew ammo means that it's the reloads at fault

bokbok_05
12-14-2005, 19:01
I got also an Armscor .40 from the last gunshow, initially shot 200 rounds of fmj factory loads never had a problem with feeding. The guys are right, shoot it first with factory loads. Chances are those reloads are the culprit. Spend time in the range, shoot, shoot and shoot. Pag na-breakin mo na yan thats the time mo malalaman kung may problems ba or wala and kung kailangan mo ng gunsmith or hindi. Just my .02 cents :) .

darwin25
12-14-2005, 19:04
I agree with all of the above. Use factory ammo for break-in. Use at least 200 more. There's nothing really about using factory ammo. Its just that since standard and mas consistent ang load, mabibigyan mo ng proper break-in yung mga parts. Especially yung mga springs. And you will see what parts will and will not hold up.

isuzu
12-14-2005, 19:52
Shooting 200 rounds or more of factory ammo in a new gun is a long-term investment that you will cherish for the lifetime of the gun.

Mc-oliver is right. If the chamber is too tight, you can have it reamed, provided that the gunsmith is very well-versed with this method. You might want to go to this option after your break in period.

Welcome to BOGs and happy shooting!^1

New_comer
12-14-2005, 20:02
Originally posted by alpha1g23
Newbie rin po ako, i got armscor 40 cal just got it 2days ago testfired 15rnds with fmj it works well, less than 2inch grouping head shoots at 20meters, i tried to load it with a reloads it wouldnt feed in the chamber, do you guys know any gunsmith? any advice tnx in advance . ;P I never knew Armscor barrels would be that good...

This would translate to only a millimeter of movement of your front sight to be able to hit that tight from 60 ft. out, that is, considering the barrel, and the bullets, had no error whatsoever. Kahit nakatukod, di madaling gawin ito...

Pasensya na... nangunguryoso lang. ;Q

bulm540
12-14-2005, 20:02
Your reloads might be too long too. You may need to free bore your barrel.

Namron
12-14-2005, 21:47
alpha1g23,
Where & When did you bought your unit? Because, I am still excited waiting for the release of my unit from Squires.

mcoliver,
How many rounds should be fired before saying that your gun is properly break-in? Is the shell of factory ammo fmj can use again for reloads? Did you see your pics on our anniversary?

Thanks & Regards,
namron

mc_oliver
12-14-2005, 21:59
Dati I shot 500 rounds of FMJ, I think. The armscor barrel is too inexpensive to worry about "proper" break-in. I'm not even sure what the "proper" way is.

The important thing is to find out the reliability of your gun. Normally in the first several hundred rounds, assuming good ammo, makikita mo na yung pattern of failures kung meron man.

New_comer
12-14-2005, 22:14
Originally posted by Namron
alpha1g23,

How many rounds should be fired before saying that your gun is properly break-in? Is the shell of factory ammo fmj can use again for reloads? ...

Thanks & Regards,
namron

If you're able to fire 200 error-free rounds from all possible positions: diretsa, tagilid, magaang hawak, single handed na kaliwa, tapos kanan, weaver, walang linisan etc. while using all of your mags in the process, then the gun, its accessories (and owner!) are properly broken in. More often than not, its the shooter who's at fault, not the gun.

For different ammunition, another 200 of the same intensity.

But that's for me... YMMV :cool:

For relaods, use until cracked. Mga 6-10 and usual reload cycle life ng brass

alpha1g23
12-16-2005, 09:43
just got home earlier all you guys said is right dont know how to thank you guys, also correction its 20 feet not 20 meters...
i need a trigger STI OR ED BROWN is fine any idea how much it cost? maybe a sear/sear spring also.... then again tnx guys....