new to ipod and need advice getting started [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : new to ipod and need advice getting started

Dyno
12-15-2005, 09:20
My granddaughter has asked me to help her get started with a new 30 gig ipod. This was a shock to grandpa as he knows nothing about ipods.

OK, the ipod is charged and itunes is already on her computer with music that she listens to while at the computer.

If anyone can give some helpful hints as to how to use this new gadget it will sure help to know just a little before connecting to the computer for the first time. The instruction book that came with it sucks.

Thanks , Dyno

GeorgeAtl
12-15-2005, 13:57
Here's a great site that has a discussion group in a similar format as GlockTalk...

It's called Ipodgarage. http://www.ipodgarage.com/phpBB2/

When you first plug in the ipod to your granddaughter's computer, you'll probably have to register it and give it a name. It will ask for the serial number that is stamped on the chrome side. Get out your magnifying glass!! It's tough to read that bugger.

As for a name, call it "Amy's Ipod" or whatever her name is....it will then pick up the songs that are already listed in Itunes.

After that, put CD's into the drive, and it will automatically load them into itunes. Make sure the puter is online, so it will also automatically load all the track titles and album titles. There is also a provision for classifying what "Genre" the music goes into.

Have fun!! You'll be amazed at the results!!

tgtshuter
12-18-2005, 19:03
GeorgeAtl,

Thanks for the link and the info! It was helpful to me.