Abat proclamation- funny or what???? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Abat proclamation- funny or what????


bulm540
12-15-2005, 18:37
BWA HA HA HA!!!!!

isuzu
12-15-2005, 18:39
I think he's becoming senile; probably he has alzheimer's or he probably needs some attention (KSP). It's just plain stupidity on his part. Being a former military man, he should have the right sense of mind to keep his mouth shut, now that the economy is slowly improving.

Foreign investors and tourists might take another look at the Philippine situation.

Give him an islet where he could become president if he wishes to be one.

cznayr
12-15-2005, 19:03
The proclamation really is funny. What is not funny is how our government treated them. This might create a precedent where all protesters will be charged with inciting to sedition.

Did you hear how they were approached by the CIDG men? They said you are invited to Crame. Then Seneres told them what if they wanted to decline the invitation? CIDG said they still have to come.

PNP later said that it was a civilian arrest. ?!?

Abat is really becoming senile but the government I think is much worse.

isuzu
12-15-2005, 19:25
Originally posted by cznayr
The proclamation really is funny. What is not funny is how our government treated them. This might create a precedent where all protesters will be charged with inciting to sedition.

Did you hear how they were approached by the CIDG men? They said you are invited to Crame. Then Seneres told them what if they wanted to decline the invitation? CIDG said they still have to come.

PNP later said that it was a civilian arrest. ?!?

Abat is really becoming senile but the government I think is much worse.

Well, if Abat has nothing good to say, he should have shut up. In that way, people won't lose his respect or whatever's left of it.

cznayr
12-15-2005, 19:50
Abat is a perennial noise maker. He should have shut up. What I don't agree with was the manner the police handled the arrest or whatever they want to call it. They can't just go arresting a citizen for saying that the government is useless.

Well, Abat really went overboard by saying that they are forming a new government. But come'on, coming from Gen. Abat? They just put him in the spotlight by arresting him.

In my opinion, they should have let that incident pass. Again, i'm worried about it becoming a precedent. I know that this ubiquitous protests don't get us going anywhere but it is still part of their rights. If I were to protest for something I believe in and later get arrested because they will fabricate baseless charges of whatever they think of, I'll say to them that they pay me back 10,000 a month for what I paid for taxes and I'd be first to say that I have no right to protest.

Just my 2 cents ;)

New_comer
12-15-2005, 20:46
Loose screws...

The DOJ should remand him to a mental institution to straighten his mind. That way, Abat will be left discredited but retains public sympathy for his 'deteriorating' condition. Magpupulasan na lang yung mga sympathizers nya.

Mahirap makipag-away sa luko-luko. Siguradong talo ka... ;g

vega
12-15-2005, 20:50
What is the proclamation?

vega

bulm540
12-15-2005, 21:12
he proclaimed himself.....(fell off my chair- laughing uncontrollably) the president ( not capitalized on purpose)of the revolutionary trsnitional gov't. Bwa ha ha ha...... ISn't trying to overthrow the gov't sedition???

bulm540
12-15-2005, 21:13
he had 15 followers at last count..

darwin25
12-15-2005, 21:20
Maybe a singing contract and a movie with Alma Moreno would do the trick. Hey, it worked for Eddie Gil.;z

BTW I dont think the economy is improving. The peso is getting stronger only because of OFW remittances pouring this christmas season. It only means one thing. More OFWs. Translates into less local jobs. More OFW Remittances = Worsening economy. Government is just taking the credit for what many people doesn't really know. This is what I like to call economic mirage.

MELBU
12-15-2005, 21:48
bwehehehehehehe

isuzu
12-15-2005, 23:30
Originally posted by darwin25
Maybe a singing contract and a movie with Alma Moreno would do the trick. Hey, it worked for Eddie Gil.;z

BTW I dont think the economy is improving. The peso is getting stronger only because of OFW remittances pouring this christmas season. It only means one thing. More OFWs. Translates into less local jobs. More OFW Remittances = Worsening economy. Government is just taking the credit for what many people doesn't really know. This is what I like to call economic mirage.

Not necessarily. I've been following the improvement of the peso since e-vat was implemented. Gas prices in fact went down. The peso strengthened not only because of OFW remittances, but largely due to investor confidence in the country's business environment.

One example of investor confidence in our country's economy, as well as a region's economy is the announcement of SM to finally build a mall in Bacolod, in the reclamation area. Construction would start immediately. That project was on hold for a couple of years, until recently, because of a rather weak economy there. It could offer about 5,000 jobs for the region's residents, directly and indirectly.

darwin25
12-16-2005, 00:06
Originally posted by isuzu
Not necessarily. I've been following the improvement of the peso since e-vat was implemented. Gas prices in fact went down. The peso strengthened not only because of OFW remittances, but largely due to investor confidence in the country's business environment.

One example of investor confidence in our country's economy, as well as a region's economy is the announcement of SM to finally build a mall in Bacolod, in the reclamation area. Construction would start immediately. That project was on hold for a couple of years, until recently, because of a rather weak economy there. It could offer about 5,000 jobs for the region's residents, directly and indirectly.

Investor confidence is largely a variable term. Depends on how each party sees the situation. IMHO, investors can be confident that the government will keep wages down, will not provide or further abandon support to local industries so that foreign products can be sold here without so much local competition. Implementation of e-vat sure means more money for the government to pay off debts. But these money does not mean they will be allocated for the development of basic industries. The construction of many SM Malls nationwide will surely boost the retail economy but not necessarily the manufacturing sector since most products sold in malls are imported. In the end, local manufacturing and local products would still suffer rsulting in shutting down of factories and mass lay-offs. Yes it may create jobs but its still mostly in the service sector. Our basic industry will remain stunted and our manufacturing capability will remain where it is now or maybe worse. Yes, imported products are much cheaper but they're still expensive for most people's measly income. Of course government can be expected to keep it that way. So as long as our local products does not get the patronage they need, they will remain expensive and uncompetitive. More jobs will be lost for every job created in the service sector. IMHO, investor confidence means that the government remains subservient to investor interests. Renewed investor confidence means the government has renewed its commitment to abandon its own people. WB-IMF and ADB policies will make sure of that. Government can always be expected to implement these policies.

isuzu
12-16-2005, 00:16
I've seen more Philippine-made products for sale here than last year. My best guess is local manufacturers are exporting more products.

I'm happy! I could eat more native food which I miss a lot, and feel glad that Philippine-made products are displayed together with the ones made in China, etc.:)

theTactician
12-16-2005, 00:52
[QUOTE]Originally posted by isuzu
[B]I think he's becoming senile; probably he has alzheimer's or he probably needs some attention (KSP)...

sir, did you mean ADHD? Attention-Deficit-Hyperactivity-Disorder?

hehehe...di ba sa mga bata lang yon?
hehehe.. :)

cznayr
12-16-2005, 00:56
Well, frankly speaking, Gen. Abat is on his second childhood probably ;f

theTactician
12-16-2005, 00:58
Originally posted by cznayr
Well, frankly speaking, Gen. Abat is on his second childhood probably ;f


hahahaha....

PMMA97
12-16-2005, 01:08
Both his son and son-in-law is also in hot water. Having to report DAILY to their respective commanders.

President of Club Filipino was quoted as stating that Abat should have consulted with the club house board members before he made the club function room as the new seat of government. ;f

royal glockster
12-16-2005, 07:49
ABAT? Senile!
GOVERNMENT? Paranoid!
;z

Django
12-16-2005, 08:50
Originally posted by bulm540
he proclaimed himself.....(fell off my chair- laughing uncontrollably) the president ( not capitalized on purpose)of the revolutionary trsnitional gov't. Bwa ha ha ha...... ISn't trying to overthrow the gov't sedition???

We better start stocking up on adult diapers. These will be in vogue after his official proclamation as president.;f

antediluvianist
12-16-2005, 09:03
Unfortunately these dumb things do have an effect on the stock market. We need the foreigners to keep buying into our stockmarket to keep prices up. Abat is a senile economic saboteur.

isuzu
12-16-2005, 18:17
Originally posted by antediluvianist
Unfortunately these dumb things do have an effect on the stock market. We need the foreigners to keep buying into our stockmarket to keep prices up. Abat is a senile economic saboteur.

There you go!

bikethief
12-16-2005, 20:13
What he did WAS funny and probably detrimental to our economy. But how much damage can you still do to our booger sized economy? I think the damage he caused is worth the comedy he provided us all with. :joker:

But serious question fellow BOGS, how many of you have been secretly wanting to do exactly what Abat did? I know i have. But I would have done it in full battle gear! Be honest...

antediluvianist
12-16-2005, 21:03
Anybody with money invested in the stockmarket - either his own or other peoples' in his care - knows that millions lost because of some pointless stunt is no joke. The overall economy loses in due course as FDI dries up. It's a small economy but we're trying to grow it and it's all we have.

If Abat had some intelligent plan, he wouldn't be pathetic. Aside from asking GMA to step down, what? We put our lives in the hands of him and his cohorts. No thanks, that's no plan. Indeed, that's the problem. No alternative leadership that inspires confidence, let alone enthusiasm. We will simply muddle through, thanks to the OFWs, gold and copper, service industries like call centers, and some increase in tourism.

isuzu
12-16-2005, 22:38
Originally posted by antediluvianist
Anybody with money invested in the stockmarket - either his own or other peoples' in his care - knows that millions lost because of some pointless stunt is no joke. It's a small economy but we're trying to grow it and it's all we have.

Yes, indeed. It's a small economy, but once you got things running smoothly, other countries will start noticing us. They will eventually do business in the Philippines if they see that their investments will be secure and make money there.

bulm540
12-16-2005, 22:44
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bikethief
[B]What he did WAS funny and probably detrimental to our economy. But how much damage can you still do to our booger sized economy? I think the damage he caused is worth the comedy he provided us all with. :joker:

But serious question fellow BOGS, how many of you have been secretly wanting to do exactly what Abat did? I know i have. But I would have done it in full battle gear!


15 against against most of the armed forces, even if they would have been in full battle gear it would have been a massacre.

toxic
12-16-2005, 23:16
In frustration thats is why he did the proclamation or We dont really know what really his AGENDA/s is/are , it can be : government distabilization,to create a mass protest, A sitcom or hes just another puppet on a string or maybe just a plot, a divertion tactic you know the Garci Issue( he's a tabako-man right). Not unless the opposition get there act together AS ONE , walang magyayari dyan , as you guys said it KATATAWANAN lang.

isuzu
12-16-2005, 23:30
Originally posted by toxic
In frustration thats is why he did the proclamation or We dont really know what really his AGENDA/s is/are , it can be : government distabilization,to create a mass protest, A sitcom or hes just another puppet on a string or maybe just a plot, a divertion tactic you know the Garci Issue( he's a tabako-man right). Not unless the opposition get there act together AS ONE , walang magyayari dyan , as you guys said it KATATAWANAN lang.

Was he the defense secretary during Tabako's term? Maybe just another case of the "puppetmasters."

bulm540
12-17-2005, 02:10
The opposition is full of it anyways.

Django
12-17-2005, 05:03
Originally posted by isuzu
Was he the defense secretary during Tabako's term? Maybe just another case of the "puppetmasters."

Even Tabako is pissed at his recent antics and called him a senile old man during an interview. I dunno what gives.;T

isuzu
12-17-2005, 09:59
Originally posted by Django
Even Tabako is pissed at his recent antics and called him a senile old man during an interview. I dunno what gives.;T

Maybe it's a classic case of "if he succeeds, we own him. If he fails, we don't own him.";P

bulm540
12-17-2005, 10:41
I think Abat is just a misguided soul. Bless his heart as the saying here in the South.