Vat [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Vat

Django
12-16-2005, 08:09
Guys,

Anyone of you receive your Electric Bill yet? Hold on to your britches since you will get the shock of your lives. You will be whacked the following Value Added Taxes effective December by Meralco:
1. VAT for Generation Charge
2. VAT for Transmission Charge
3. VAT for System Loss Charge
4. VAT for power charge
5. VAT for Power Act Redn
6. VAT for Dist and Subs
7. VAT fro Sales

I used to pay P 8,000++ per month. Now it's P 10,000++ because my total VAT is P1,400++. What is this country coming to?
;P ;P ;P

antediluvianist
12-16-2005, 08:28
Yup, Meralco stock has gone up in recent weeks.

Of course the VAT is also one reason why foreigners look more favorably on our economy, and that helps in many way$.

The VAT , like any tax, sucks out disposable income from all of us. Maybe it's time to switch to .22lr.

kcboy
12-16-2005, 17:36
wait ka til next jan.....yung 10percent vat natin sa mga goods will be 12 na.....sakit....but investors do look at the vat as a good sign, i just hope it keeps up....otherwise, kukurakutin lang ulit ni gma yung mga additional revenue from the evat and the extra 2 percent from the vat.

roadster's
12-16-2005, 19:43
I read somewhere here in BOG a post praising the good damn VAT;g

Now lets see when they saw their bills.;9

Umpisa pa lang yan...:soap:

antediluvianist
12-16-2005, 21:15
VAT is painful, but necessary. This government - not the GMA government , but whatever the government of the Philippines happens to be at any time - cannot continue running such deficits and borrowing so much money. Marcos killed us with all his borrowing and we have just kept it up.

There is no point in saying "let the government pay not us", as some people proclaim, because as far as the creditors of the government are concerned, these are legitimate debts that must be paid. Otherwise we default like Argentina and suffer even more like they did.

We have to suffer. No other way. Can't continue such deficits. Creditors don't give a damn about our blaming our politicians.

PMMA97
12-16-2005, 21:37
Just got my electric bill...the *******ed PPA is higher than my consumption! Buti na lang malamig ang hangin dito!

isuzu
12-16-2005, 23:02
Unfortunately, we still have to pay for what the Marcos administration borrowed, especially at Napocor.

These Napocor guys (and gals) are one of the best-supplied agencies in the government. Japanese-assembled Pajeros and 4x4 Mitsubishi Canters for service vehicles. Levi's for work pants...

kcboy
12-17-2005, 18:07
why not let's all work for the government.;)