XD 45 coming out next year . Hmmmm..... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : XD 45 coming out next year . Hmmmm.....

antediluvianist
12-17-2005, 05:06
http://www.springfield-armory.com/prod-xdpstl-45acp.shtml

isuzu
12-17-2005, 10:07
Originally posted by antediluvianist
http://www.springfield-armory.com/prod-xdpstl-45acp.shtml

They updated their website, maybe two days ago. I visited their website I guess, Monday, and it was still Rob Leatham on the front page when you open it.

There is a picture showing that it has a smaller grip than the Glock and another pistol.

I think XDs in general are doing good. They have thicker breechfaces than Glocks which won't get damaged in prolonged dry-firing sessions. Also cheaper than Glocks. Nothing against Glocks, but this pistol is worth considering.

ssss8888
12-17-2005, 20:14
who sells xd's in the philippines. anyone knows the price range of the subcompact?

Django
12-17-2005, 21:13
I saw a couple of XD's displayed at Stronghand.

toxic
12-17-2005, 23:00
Yes Stronghand is the official dealer/distributor of XD's/HS2K's but the problem is Parts and accesories are so difficult to get.
I was eyeing on the 40cal ported version last year . Good price , good grip, good trigger full. a friend of mine has one it shoots well compared to the taurus 24/7. Now for the XD 45 i havent tried it yet.

As i remember it xd ported is 42K* php (*last year)

antediluvianist
12-17-2005, 23:24
The XD 45 isn't out yet - next year pa.

Per above posts, Stronghand does not stock (enough) parts. Ecch.

Mang Danny
12-18-2005, 06:31
Originally posted by antediluvianist
The XD 45 isn't out yet - next year pa.

Per above posts, Stronghand does not stock (enough) parts. Ecch.
If California finally certifies it for sale here, it will be with 10 round mags only. Double eecch.

vega
12-18-2005, 19:28
Isn't there a new law that says that if it just change caliber but the configuration is the same it will be automatically allowed to be sold here in CA?

vega

Mang Danny
12-18-2005, 23:22
Originally posted by vega
Isn't there a new law that says that if it just change caliber but the configuration is the same it will be automatically allowed to be sold here in CA?

vega
Mag-dilang angel ka sana. Thats where my tax refund is going. FYI it not yet on the California DOJ list.

Evan N. Payawal
12-19-2005, 20:42
Very nice firearm. My only gripe with the XD series (and the HS2000) for that matter is that magazines are hard to find here in the Philippines.

vega
12-19-2005, 20:47
You can use Beretta mags but would need some drilling in front for the mag catch. It is also a little bit longer than XD magds so you need to put a spacer between the base and magwell. If you don't do that it will hit the ejector and it easily breaks if the mags is slam too hard.

vega

clark_kent
12-19-2005, 20:59
i saw an XD at nashe, abt 50K if i remember correctly :)

jlkwison
12-19-2005, 21:39
Originally posted by ssss8888
who sells xd's in the philippines. anyone knows the price range of the subcompact?

I too saw an XD pistol at Nashe MCS :) . But with regards to the pricing...i was not able to ask them.

vega
12-20-2005, 00:10
Originally posted by clark_kent
Twice the price here, it sells $460 on sale with 3 mags and factory holster. Mahal pa sa Glock. Baka naman pwede pa babaan ni Jane?

vega

tikyo2000
12-20-2005, 02:23
ang daming pinoy dito...haah mali pala ang tinatambayan kong forum (THR).
Tama kayo sirs, Nashe, yung bi-tone is 50k. pero me less pa yan papatak mga 42K. mahal pa rin!

Sa Stronghands wlang SA XD, ang meron cla HS2000 mga nasa 40k din.

according sa SA, ang mga XD daw wlang dealers outside of North America.

Ako rin kasi naghahanap ng XD9 subcompact....so mukhang hopeless!!...pag meron kayong alam paki post naman

vega
12-20-2005, 09:17
XD and HS are the same. SA is right, there are no dealers outside North America. You have to get it thru them. If I were in RP I'd go with the HS2000. Pangalan lang naman yan. They have the same re-sale value here in US.

But of course, Jane will have to take the oppurtunity. Tatak SA yata yan.

vega

darwin25
12-21-2005, 00:54
Originally posted by clark_kent

Nashe...;z

GMV
12-21-2005, 02:27
Just visited the website of SA, maganda yung concept nila of including the holster, magpouch and speedloader for free :) I hope other manufacturers will follow suit ;f Imagine an STI Edge with a free CR Speed Rig ;e

isuzu
12-21-2005, 20:47
Vega is right. I got a magazine in the mid-90's that introduced the HS2000. The article said that the pistol is made in Croatia, and has a trigger pull much smoother than a Glock. My first reaction was "another pseudo Glock." Upon further scrutiny, it is a totally different pistol. After that introduction in the magazine, little, or nothing was heard of that pistol.

Next thing I knew was that Springfield Armory has taken charge of marketing the HS 2000 under the name Springfield XD. It turned out that the US distributor for HS 2000 was not promoting the pistols well, hence, the takeover of SA in marketing the product.

The inclusion of the XD in the Production Division list is probably due to the influence of SA in IPSC. I think it was first disallowed in IPSC, but legal in USPSA.

If I recall, I saw a shooter using an XD when my brothers brought me to Kentucky to attend the state match in Sept. 2004. He was doing well with it.