Any gunshow this Jan'06? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Any gunshow this Jan'06?

i_kawlang
12-17-2005, 11:41
Mga BOGS... I will be in the Phils this Jan '06 any Gunshow for that particular month? I'm planning to have a G22, which store gives a good price? Thanks!

kcboy
12-17-2005, 18:02
2nd week of january, there will be a show in megamall. im not sure of the exact date but wait for the others to reply. twin pines and trust trade sells a lot of glocks. just look them up. when you arrive in manila, just go to megamall, am sure it is posted there. the 2 stores i mention, just look them up in th eyellow pages for the contact numbers. perfect time to buy is in the gunshow since they will be on sale.

bokbok_05
12-17-2005, 18:07
the 2 stores i mention, just look them up in th eyellow pages for the contact numbers.

....or you may browse our "sarumans gun store directory" sticky thread.:)

i_kawlang
12-18-2005, 09:45
Thanks KCBoy & Boc2x. I want to meet our fellow BOGs. Looking forward to meet you all.

kcboy
12-18-2005, 17:04
gunshow is the time to buy because may leverage ka na sa price, usually binabagsak nila agad dun ang mga prices. happy hunting, bro.;)

Benj
12-18-2005, 19:02
Gun show is scheduled Jan. 12 - 16

http://www.tradeshow.com.ph/events-defense/index.html

Ersatz0906
12-20-2005, 00:33
yung gunshow ba once a year yan?

PMMA97
12-20-2005, 04:17
Dapat twice this year but for some reason inurong nila. Tinamaan tuloy ng VAT ;g

kcboy
12-20-2005, 06:58
usually july and november but inurong nga kaya inabutan na ng 12% vat na.

deenoh
12-20-2005, 17:38
correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think the vat had made any difference sa prices ng firearms.

Django
12-20-2005, 19:23
Originally posted by deenoh
correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think the vat had made any difference sa prices ng firearms.

Deenoh,

I am not an accountant nor from the BIR but I'll give it a try, so here goes:

Very negligible difference. Gun dealers are currently paying 10% VAT to the government for all the guns sold. Next year, they will be paying 12% or a 2% increment. Translates to P20 per P1,000. So for a P50,000 gun, the additional VAT the dealer will be paying out to the BIR is P1,000.

But VAT is an input/output thing so there will be no major effect insofar as the profit margins of the dealers are concerned. They'll just pass the VAT on to the customers.

Hardest hit by VAT are those items, commodities and services which did not have VAT before such as electricity, gasoline, professional services of lawyers/doctors, etc.

Any CPA's out there who can validate this?

paltiq
12-20-2005, 19:40
totoo daw kaya na hindi malayang magbaba ng presyo (discount) ang mga gun dealers during gun shows dahil sa AFAD ruling? dapat daw ay uniform ang presyo...;Q kaya yung iba pabulong lang ang sinasabi na sa gunstore na lang tayo magkita wag dito;P .... example: 10/22 rifles.. meron dealer na kayang ibaba ito ng P 22,000.... lets see sa gunshow kung magkano

:)

horge
12-20-2005, 21:57
Originally posted by Django
Very negligible difference. Gun dealers are currently paying 10% VAT to the government for all the guns sold. Next year, they will be paying 12% or a 2% increment. Translates to P20 per P1,000. So for a P50,000 gun, the additional VAT the dealer will be paying out to the BIR is P1,000.

Okay.
But then you go on, to point out what I would have:

But VAT is an input/output thing so there will be no major effect insofar as the profit margins of the dealers are concerned. They'll just pass the VAT on to the customers.

Furthermore, while VAT won't make much of an impact directly on FA unit cost,
the gunstores will shoulder increased utility (electricity, etc) costs due to VAT,
and these new expenses will get passed onto consumers again.

Year-end pa naman.
I suspect they'll add more than they need to, because it's too rich an opportunity
to not merely preserve, but to pad their profits further.

h.

Django
12-21-2005, 06:12
True. There is always that natural tendency for most merchants to take whatever opportunity there is and make the most profit out of a sale.

But one thing going for us is the cutthroat competition between gun dealers here in Manila. This, despite the SRP agreements by and between the AFAD members. This very aggressive competitive stance regulates gun prices and is beneficial to all the gun freaks out there who are not content with just having one gun in their closets.

Let's hope for the best and see what happens in the January gunshow.

:)